Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

And I quote ( from the CEO ) :

CyberWizCyberWiz Member UncommonPosts: 914

AA: Earthrise is designed ground-up with the idea to provide a complete virtual world sandbox experience with emphasis on the player’s freedom to choose his own career, and these choices will have real impact on the world. Military careers will extend in faction wars and true territorial conquest that will manipulate the global market of Enterra, while crafting and manufacturing will be the staple for military developments throughout the contested territories.

If they can pull it off, they got me for life !

If you are interested in subscription or PCU numbers for MMORPG's, check out my site :
http://mmodata.blogspot.be/
Favorite MMORPG's : DAoC pre ToA-NF, SWG Pre CU-NGE, EVE Online

Comments

• O'DeionO'Deion Member Posts: 78

yeah been watching this game and bout time we get to play a good scifi mmo

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

IF the BioWare mmorpg isn't Star Wars for sure...

IF the BioWare mmorpg isn't what I'm after...

IF the 'new Star Wars MMORPG' sucks...

IF Age of Conan bombs...

IF This game looks awesome after release and they add some SPACE content [C'mon, it's a Sci-Fi, I want a ship and I want to travel and combat in space dammit!] then I'll be all about this game hehe.  Otherwise, I'm just happy it's not a complete cookie cutter clone of previous MMORPG's.

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• Blake_rshBlake_rsh Member Posts: 29

The developers don't t intend to put spase content in the game now or in the future expansions. And I, for one, think that's a good idea.

• Devildog1Devildog1 Member Posts: 494
    Originally posted by CyberWiz

AA: Earthrise is designed ground-up with the idea to provide a complete virtual world sandbox experience with emphasis on the player’s freedom to choose his own career, and these choices will have real impact on the world. Military careers will extend in faction wars and true territorial conquest that will manipulate the global market of Enterra, while crafting and manufacturing will be the staple for military developments throughout the contested territories.

I hear ya man If they pull it off I'll be there right along side ya!

Originally posted by Blake_rsh

The developers don't t intend to put spase content in the game now or in the future expansions. And I, for one, think that's a good idea.

I have to agree at least for now because basically this game is about a re-emerging society that needs to recalim the world they live in and make it safe. But after/if this is attained then maybe we go to space!

• GuintuGuintu Member UncommonPosts: 320

This game and W.E.L.L online look promising if they can pull their ideas off.  I also can't wait for STO (if it happens) and Stargate Worlds!

Originally posted by Guintu

This game and W.E.L.L online look promising if they can pull their ideas off.  I also can't wait for STO (if it happens) and Stargate Worlds!

I hear ya there! I can't wait for W.E.L.L. online either! Stargate Worlds looks very promising too!

• GuintuGuintu Member UncommonPosts: 320
    Originally posted by Devildog1

I hear ya there! I can't wait for W.E.L.L. online either! Stargate Worlds looks very promising too!

I'm hoping 2008 will be the year for some really good MMO's

• tfwarlordtfwarlord Member Posts: 216

Yea IF they full it off, i will be hoocked. sounds like a preCUBNEG SWG with better FvF...

Originally posted by Devildog1

I'm hoping 2008 will be the year for some really good MMO's

I think that 2009 will be a better year because IIRC W.E.L.L. online and Earthrise are supposed to come out then but Stargate worlds is coming this year or early next year.

• TheChronicTheChronic Member Posts: 253

Originally posted by CyberWiz

sounds excellent...

everyone is waiting fora pre-cu swg replacement...

time will tell, but looks promising so far :)

"You must be either retarded or a fanboi..."

• GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486

I doubt they will be able to pull of the thing we are all dreaming of. I suspect a system that's not the one of our dreams but one that will hopefully add some depth to the game.

• dazedfinchdazedfinch Member Posts: 21

Originally posted by Godliest

I doubt they will be able to pull of the thing we are all dreaming of. I suspect a system that's not the one of our dreams but one that will hopefully add some depth to the game.

I hate to be a pessimist but I have to agree... it sounds too good to be true so far. Normally complex games have poor and buggy launches, but I would love to be proved wrong.

If the game lives up to everything I'll certainly play it. Just won't get my hopes up.

• Relentless02Relentless02 Member UncommonPosts: 126

Looks interesting, but the fact it takes part on Earth might turn me off to it.

• elveoneelveone Member RarePosts: 426

Actually I souldn't be doing that but... hell, let's make some noise.

The game actually takes place on a single island that is part of the game. There will be a second island for exploring, guild wars and building. So... it is not earth. Not as we know it. You will never see familiar locations or objects. The similarity between our earth and earth in Earthrise is minimal. Actually the only similarity is that there are plants, there are animals, there's air to breathe and there are humans...

I can tell you a bit more but I would better not do so.

• TheeThee Member Posts: 22

Originally posted by elveone

I can tell you a bit more but I would better not do so.

Oh really? Tell us more. ;-)

• Greyhawk4x4Greyhawk4x4 Member UncommonPosts: 480

I will switch to this game so fast it will make Orcs heads spin.

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler
BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file