Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

*Possible Adult Content* MMO's, Sex and You

Now try to keep this clean, there are little kids...ummm...I mean WoW players on these forums and we don't want to scar them for life.

Situation:

You are playing a crucial character and deep in battle with your party/guild/kin/ in an extremely difficult high-end instance coming up on a boss that drops an item you have been looking for months but have lost every roll.  The group consisting of people you always play with finally caved to your request for a special run for you and promises to pass on it so it finally comes to you.

Right as the battle begins and all the add's start running at you, your wife/husband/girlfriend/boyfriend/life partner comes up behind you dressed in...well actually not dressed...whisper's in your ear provacative things and suggests you follow them to the bedroom.  You decide to:

"It is easier to be cruel than wise. The road to wisdom is long and difficult... so most people just turn out to be assholes" Feng (Christopher Walken)

Comments

• MaeEyeMaeEye Member UncommonPosts: 1,106

You poll sucks just as much as your opinion does. 

/played-mmorpgs

Total time played: 9125 Days, 21 Hours, 29 Minutes, 27 Seconds
    Time played this level: 39 Days, 1 Hour, 24 Minutes, 5 Seconds

• HousamHousam Member Posts: 1,460

lol haha nice topic...hmmmmm....i would leave quitely lol :) probably haha

• dterrydterry Member Posts: 449

You left out an option... play very poorly in game for awhile... almost as if you are distracted by something else you are doing at the time.

Originally posted by MaeEye

Humor is welcome on these boards... imho.

• brutalcakesbrutalcakes Member Posts: 18

Go link dead and return in about half an hour when the adds are all cleared and everyone ready for the boss

• paulscottpaulscott Member Posts: 5,613

me play a raiding game?  sure raids are nice but they're PvP, once you get everyone together one person leaving won't hurt to much(especially me since I don't focus on PvP/combat but rather building)

I find it amazing that by 2020 first world countries will be competing to get immigrants.

• 8hammer88hammer8 Member Posts: 1,812

Originally posted by dterry

Originally posted by MaeEye

Humor is welcome on these boards... imho.

I am glad the humor of that was not lost on everyone else...my favorite part was, he was the first poster and I did not even offer an opinion. 

With all of his insight I hope to make my next poll better

"It is easier to be cruel than wise. The road to wisdom is long and difficult... so most people just turn out to be assholes" Feng (Christopher Walken)

• DedthomDedthom Member Posts: 541

Yeah......I would unplug that router so fast. Interesting post.

""But Coyote, you could learn! You only prefer keyboard and mouse because that's all you've ever known!" You might say right before you hug a rainforest and walk in sandals to your drum circle where you're trying to raise group consciousness of ladybugs or whatever it is you dirty goddamn hippies do when you're not busy smoking pot and smelling bad."
    Coyote's Howling: Death of the Computer

• VincenzVincenz Member Posts: 1,498

Sex is much easier to come by than uber loot...

nuff said

Geez... come'on guys! Do IT while you do IT! Take one with the team... instead of for the team!

• PonicoPonico Member UncommonPosts: 650

gettnig laid ownz gaming... wtf is wrong with you guys. YOu close the computer and go spend time with your love. Failing to do so will eventually make you lose some wife XP.

And uh... even so, sex > gaming.

• DedthomDedthom Member Posts: 541
    Originally posted by Vincenz

nuff said

Speak for your self! When you get to be my age and have a face made for radio, you always go for the real sex over the pixel loot.

""But Coyote, you could learn! You only prefer keyboard and mouse because that's all you've ever known!" You might say right before you hug a rainforest and walk in sandals to your drum circle where you're trying to raise group consciousness of ladybugs or whatever it is you dirty goddamn hippies do when you're not busy smoking pot and smelling bad."
    Coyote's Howling: Death of the Computer

Originally posted by Dedthom

nuff said

Speak for your self! When you get to be my age and have a face made for radio, you always go for the real sex over the pixel loot.

;)

I probably am your age (or older)...but have to admit, I'm a handsome devil LOL!

• ladyattisladyattis Member Posts: 1,273

Roll in the sack > Pixels.

nuff said

so you chose pixels over sex...hmmm

• daarcodaarco Member UncommonPosts: 4,275

Either i would just shut the computer of, or scream to my gf to *¤#" of while im playing.......thats what she always do to me : (

Originally posted by Housam

nuff said

LOL!  Yep, because I have limited play time with the game...and unlimited club time for the dame. 

Girls come by about every 10 minutes..a lot like a bus.

Chance for me to run a raid about every 2 weeks.

Yep, I'm raiding.

• airheadairhead Member UncommonPosts: 718

just 26 votes so far... but HUGELY in favor of the hypothesis: sex > gaming.

Of course that's to be expected. A more interesting next step would be to compare this poll with a similar poll for other activities. For example, asking golfers to choose between playing in a pro-am tournament or have a three-some? Would it be just as skewed, such that sex > whatever, no matter what whatever is? I would guess yes.  Sex is right up there above food, unless you are about to die from starvation....

• Devildog1Devildog1 Member Posts: 494
    Originally posted by Dedthom

nuff said

Rofl! man that was good!

Originally posted by Housam

nuff said

LOL!  Yep, because I have limited play time with the game...and unlimited club time for the dame. 

Girls come by about every 10 minutes..a lot like a bus.

Chance for me to run a raid about every 2 weeks.

Yep, I'm raiding.

lol...but still.......after she wispers all that into you ear you woldent be able to concentrate with such tight trousers lol :)

• 8hammer88hammer8 Member Posts: 1,812

Originally posted by airhead

just 26 votes so far... but HUGELY in favor of the hypothesis: sex > gaming.
    Of course that's to be expected. A more interesting next step would be to compare this poll with a similar poll for other activities. For example, asking golfers to choose between playing in a pro-am tournament or have a three-some? Would it be just as skewed, such that sex > whatever, no matter what whatever is? I would guess yes.  Sex is right up there above food, unless you are about to die from starvation....

Of course realistically this is skewed because everyone knows that people who play MMO's are virgins in their mom's basements /end sterotype

I know I have chosen baseball of sex before...saying no to my wife because I had a championship game the next morning.  Talk about throwing her for a loop, she just looked at me dumbfounded...or maybe it was she just found me dumb?  I think that is the only time I had/have ever done that.

• baffbaff Member Posts: 9,457

I'm 100% never available for gaming anytime Mrs Baff is around.

Obviously she begs me repeatedly to go and play my computer and stop sniffing around near her, but I don't think she really means it.

• talismen351talismen351 Member Posts: 1,124

OH crap I have 5 kids...I am used to sneaking in sex when we have the chance. Could prolly be back b4 I am even missed.

• ThornwolfThornwolf Member Posts: 107

You really have no need to lie, you should be better than that. You have to just tell them you need to jet. be as forthcoming as you like. I would not keep my wife waiting so I could play a game, and I am a pretty serious raider. Thing is she respects my game time, and I am sure to not interfere with our time with my gaming.

That said if she went through the trouble, the game can wait and I would split and apologize to my friends who would understand such a thing. If they don't then they are not very good friends now are they?

• AethiosAethios Member Posts: 1,527

Originally posted by Thornwolf
    You really have no need to lie, you should be better than that. You have to just tell them you need to jet. be as forthcoming as you like. I would not keep my wife waiting so I could play a game, and I am a pretty serious raider. Thing is she respects my game time, and I am sure to not interfere with our time with my gaming.That said if she went through the trouble, the game can wait and I would split and apologize to my friends who would understand such a thing. If they don't then they are not very good friends now are they?

While I mostly agree, I think it would depend on the context of how much trouble your friends went through to help you out.

I think a more interesting variant of this poll would be to replace the raiding with work. How many people would be purposefully late, and lie about it later, to spend some time with the wife? What if you were working on an important project? What if that project was already overdue? What if today was the deadline? What if your car was broken down, and you were forced to carpool, would you skip work entirely? Context is important, and people's answers are dependent on their perceived context, which I'm assuming is usually the situation they find themselves in the most.

That said, it's an interesting poll, even though I've been the friend in that situation more than once, and been "left out in the cold," so to speak. I think people forget that playing an online game means social obligations, which most people are uncomfortable with and willing to break at any moment. If a close friend went out of their way to help you, the least you can do is actually be present during the help in question, especially when it involves as much work as running an instance. Then again, maybe I'm biased.

Disclaimer: I picked "go AFK and hope nobody notices." =P