Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hello Kitty Online...../moved

Baio2kBaio2k Member UncommonPosts: 162

Is real. and it's in closed beta
http://www.betawatcher.com/index.aspx Is where I found out.

http://www.hellokittyonline.com/us/ to check it out in all it's glory.

I'm sure I will be signing up for beta, how about you?

Comments

• blix2006blix2006 Member UncommonPosts: 415

no one will be more happy about this then butters from south park :)

• Baio2kBaio2k Member UncommonPosts: 162
    Originally posted by blix2006

no one will be more happy about this then butters from south park :)

He's probably on the design team.

• MilkyMilky Member Posts: 339

I really am curious as to how the subscriber numbers will be for Hello Kitty Online.  I predict more subs than all of SOE games combined.  Can it even dethrone WoW?

• GajariGajari Member Posts: 984

lol this is hilarious. I'm not exactly surprised that it's being made, but it's still pretty funny.  Honestly, though, I feel strangely drawn to it, 'cause it looks more fun than anything else out right now. ;) And that music on the website is catchy as hell, yo.

I'll subscribe and have some fun with it somehow if I get into the closed beta.  I don't care if it's made for kids! Although I do feel bad about all the predators that are sure to follow...  lol I'm sure we'll see some cybering somewhere in there.

• blix2006blix2006 Member UncommonPosts: 415

i wonder if micheal jackson can still scrape the cash together for a sub to this game

• paulscottpaulscott Member Posts: 5,613

You all are seriously complaining about people not making games for niche markets, how devs are only going for mainstream.   well guess what this doesn't do both, and it's not a joke of a game.

I find it amazing that by 2020 first world countries will be competing to get immigrants.

• elvenangelelvenangel Member Posts: 2,205

God its so cutesy I nearly wanted to toss up my lunch...its most definitly geared for young girls.  I nearly died laughing at the 'even the most veteran players' line BS.   Atleast my avatar is up there as a joke.  Well i guess little kids need ways to sit inside instead of playing out doors with other kids so they become 200 pounds anti social freaks like the rest of us (ok well some of us rofl).

Maybe its just me but...you know when I was young we were outside building forts, climbing trees and generally wearing ourselves out everyday.   Video games passed the time during winter & rainy months or at night when there was nothing on tv.   Its like today's generation of kids & teenagers never gets to experience using their imagination at all ... its going to be a sad future thats for sure.

Please Refer to Doom Cat with all conspiracies & evil corporation complaints. He'll give you the simple explination of..WE"RE ALL DOOMED!

• SpiritofGameSpiritofGame Member UncommonPosts: 1,332

Kotaku.com

"Only one MMO could possibly release World of Warcraft's death-grip on the massively multiplayer gaming market -- Hello Kitty Online."

Hello Kitty Online PvP video:

www.youtube.com/watch

~ Ancient Membership ~

• GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486

That was the most hilarious thing I've ever seen posted on the Pub. Hello Kitty Online... what market are they aiming for? I wonder who are the ones behind this game.

• LiddokunLiddokun Member UncommonPosts: 1,665

Should I play WoW or Hello Kitty Online Adventures ?

• PedoBearPedoBear Member Posts: 8

I give this mmo my offical seal of approval . 

• MeltdownMeltdown Member UncommonPosts: 1,183
    Originally posted by PedoBear

I'm sort of shocked the name was never taken before...

"They essentially want to say 'Correlation proves Causation' when it's just not true." - Sovrath

• LiddokunLiddokun Member UncommonPosts: 1,665

Originally posted by Meltdown

Hello Kitty is a trademark copyrighted name by Sanrio and the domain name (hellokittyonline.com) has been registered as early as May 2004.

• elvenangelelvenangel Member Posts: 2,205

A Hello Kitty Player after a good night at the local in game Pub

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aA3dHi_o7Yw

Please Refer to Doom Cat with all conspiracies & evil corporation complaints. He'll give you the simple explination of..WE"RE ALL DOOMED!

• MeltdownMeltdown Member UncommonPosts: 1,183
    Originally posted by liddokun

Originally posted by Meltdown

Hello Kitty is a trademark copyrighted name by Sanrio and the domain name (hellokittyonline.com) has been registered as early as May 2004.

I'm referring to the name "PedoBear" on these forums as that was his first post.

"They essentially want to say 'Correlation proves Causation' when it's just not true." - Sovrath

• Its very pink.

• maxstonemaxstone Member Posts: 151

Joke all you want but I can see this game as a nice gateway for younger teen girls getting into gaming, and increasing the number of people that play games period is always a plus in my book.

You also have anime fangirls (and some fanboys) who grew up with the iconic little kitty and her pals who will like that aspect alongside the socialization aspects.

It may not be on a hard-core players top 10, but it'll still serve a purpose.

• Ita+ChupsIta+Chups Member Posts: 70
    Originally posted by maxstone

Joke all you want but I can see this game as a nice gateway for younger teen girls getting into gaming

• natuxatunatuxatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

So more information about Hello Kitty has been released on ign. So I'm an adult male yet this looks so fun and cute... and a great way to relax and kill a few hours here and there. It's like someone threw up crayons. Anyone else secertly excited for this game?

If you haven't heard you should check it out. Sounds like you get to make a house... go on quests. There is combat but you don't kill things instead you fight them till they get dizzy. Also seems that you can collect cards to have creatures follow you around like mini pets... I don't think you level up but your gear gets better as you go along and that is how the progression works.

Check it out! See you there in Jan! :)

But honestly as someone stated before this could be a great way for more teen girls especially to get into gaming as it actually seems to be taking itself seriously because most girly game out there are crap.

• silkakcsilkakc Member UncommonPosts: 381

My daughter is psyched about playing Hello Kitty Online ! She's played Ragnarok and WoW and LoTRO and is MORE excited about HKO ....lmao:)

BTW...she's 17 and in all Advanced Placement/ Gemini courses and has a cumulative GPA of 97.9 :) I think they must put subliminal messages in all the Hello Kitty merchandise:)

• poythrespoythres Member Posts: 68

I've been playing MMOs since Ultima Online (and The Realm before that), and this actually looks pretty interesting. If I can get over the extreme cutesy-ness. I never had a problem with WoW's cartoony-style, but this may be taking it too far.

However for kids this looks great.

Does this remind anyone else of the old Worlds Away MMO on Compuserve? Very social, and focused around character and space customization.

• lobstercrablobstercrab Member Posts: 18

..after all the mmorpgs featuring level grinding and half naked women and blood and gore..

..whats gonna happen when everyone finds out this mmorpg is the thing weve been waiting for ?

I hope kitty can at least get a hockey mask and chainsaw for battling and have maybe err.. red candy suryp come out every time you hit an enemy..

..wonder if theres gonna be a profanatty filter in the game?..

lots of hello kittys saying "LEET SKILLZ DUDE" ?

..maybe they will make an adult spin-off called "Hell-Kitty Gate" or something.

I guess this will hold me till pokemon online comes out..

• havelhavel Member Posts: 36

On the comment about niche games, you mean does not doesn't? (can't seem to reply for some reason)

On the topic of girls playing this game, read this article!

http://www.wowinsider.com/2008/06/02/hello-warcraft-kitty-an-obsession-story/

• bbegirlbbegirl Member Posts: 61

I am new here and joined specifically to join this conversation, but somehow I think I am the only one here who has actually played this game, and yes I'm a girl but I am not a kid, my guess is I am probably also older than a lot of you, or is it unfair for me to say that you are mostly teens or students? I guess not, so why is playing HKO for kids?