Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why not let Iran have a nuclear weapon?

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8UPKV600&show_article=1&image=large

how far are you willing to go to stop 'em? sanctions? or just blow the facilities up? another suggestion?

or are you the 'let the cards fall as they may', kind of optimist? hope for the best with millions of lives at stake.

If I were the big bad zionist nation of israel, I would just pull a few fly-overs and let the facilities ignite.

no way should they ever see any nuclear armaments.

-I will subtlety invade your psyche-

Comments

• MandarrMandarr Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 300

I saw on the military channel not long ago a show about when Israel destroyed Iraq's nuke plant.  They barely had enough fuel to get back.  Without Saudi Arabia or another country allowing them to land to refuel, there's no way they'd have the ability to strike Iran. 

It'd have to be the US and England working together as usuall to take out the Iranian plant.

This website is a safe haven for trolls and haters. I'm done with this pathetic site.

• bstuartbstuart Member UncommonPosts: 135

if they get full use of nukes you better hope your vault has a good overseer

• ZikielZikiel Member Posts: 1,138

Not even Bush is that stupid as to attack Iran at the moment. We haven't got the supplies to fight half the middle-east alone. Ahmadinejad may be a collossal douche, but he isn't particularly near to making a nuke himself. Worst case scenario, he buys one from some other crappy nation, worst scenario, but not really all that likely.

The UN is too much like pre-WWII era Europe still, all too happy to appease and bend over backwards. I'd like to point out how much sanctioning Saddam did..

• BushMonkeyBushMonkey Member Posts: 1,406

Originally posted by bluberryhaze

how far are you willing to go to stop 'em? sanctions? or just blow the facilities up? another suggestion?
    or are you the 'let the cards fall as they may', kind of optimist? hope for the best with millions of lives at stake.
    If I were the big bad zionist nation of israel, I would just pull a few fly-overs and let the facilities ignite.

What's the big deal let them have nukes they can hand them off to Hamas or islamic Jhad and half the middle east is vaporized when Isreali retaliates,It's not like the West has the balls to stop it, Bush would but the left and public have him over a barrel. So i say sit back and suck it up these are the good times. Why worry about tomorrow right?

• oncelovingonceloving Member Posts: 106
    Originally posted by Zikiel

Not even Bush is that stupid as to attack Iran at the moment. We haven't got the supplies to fight half the middle-east alone. Ahmadinejad may be a collossal douche, but he isn't particularly near to making a nuke himself. Worst case scenario, he buys one from some other crappy nation, worst scenario, but not really all that likely.
    The UN is too much like pre-WWII era Europe still, all too happy to appease and bend over backwards. I'd like to point out how much sanctioning Saddam did..

We have the supplies to fight the entire world.  We just don't have the supplies to occupy it*

• mithrandir72mithrandir72 Member Posts: 1,286

Originally posted by Mandarr

I saw on the military channel not long ago a show about when Israel destroyed Iraq's nuke plant.  They barely had enough fuel to get back.  Without Saudi Arabia or another country allowing them to land to refuel, there's no way they'd have the ability to strike Iran. 

It'd have to be the US and England working together as usuall to take out the Iranian plant.
    1.Mid-Flight tankers do exist. I'm not sure if Israel has that, but I'm sure the US wouldn't mind conveniently loaning them if they were asked

2. I wouldn't doubt the Israeli's resolve in something like this. Not insulting them, but they can be just as fanatical as the Muslim Terrorists we see on TV.

We barely remember who or what came before this precious moment;
    We are choosing to be here right now -Tool, Parabola

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    Originally posted by BushMonkey

What's the big deal let them have nukes they can hand them off to Hamas or islamic Jhad and half the middle east is vaporized when Isreali retaliates,It's not like the West has the balls to stop it, Bush would but the left and public have him over a barrel. So i say sit back and suck it up these are the good times. Why worry about tomorrow right?

Works for me.

• bluberryhazebluberryhaze Member Posts: 1,702

Originally posted by Zorvan

Originally posted by BushMonkey

Works for me.

ditto!

tomorrow is sooooo overrated anyhow.

Originally posted by mithrandir72

1.Mid-Flight tankers do exist. I'm not sure if Israel has that, but I'm sure the US wouldn't mind conveniently loaning them if they were asked

2. I wouldn't doubt the Israeli's resolve in something like this. Not insulting them, but they can be just as fanatical as the Muslim Terrorists we see on TV.

I know we have tankers that can fuel in the air.  But then they'd be flying pretty high and would be noticeable on radar.  They'd have to get permission from the other countries to fly over their air space or chance being shot down.  When they attacked Iraq, they had to fly pretty damn low to the ground to avoid being picked up on radar and thus avoided being shot down by the Saudi's and others.

This website is a safe haven for trolls and haters. I'm done with this pathetic site.

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    Originally posted by xxvicexx

Why not just test nukes on Berkley?

Berkley has enough problems.

• olddaddyolddaddy Member Posts: 3,356

I see no problem with giving Iran a nuclear weapon. Matter of fact, I think we should give Iran alot of nuclear weapons. One of our "boomer" submarines sitting just outside the Persian Gulf can provide them with enough MIRV'd nuclear weapons to satisfy their energy needs for the next couple of hundred years.

Just think how grateful to US they'd be........

• baffbaff Member Posts: 9,457

Israel doesn't have the gear to attack to knock out Iran's nuclear reactors, Iran does have the gear to knock out Israel.

Israel is in range of Iran's retaliation. Iran doesn't need nukes to wipe Israel off the map, it can do that already.

Israel however has nukes, so wiping Israel off the map, comes at a price Iran is not willing to pay.

No one goes to all that effort to make nukes and then gives them away to a load of terrorists.

Having nukes gives Iran one thing, regional dommination. It can invade it's neighbours without fear of reprisal. (Iraq, Saudi, Kuwait). It can blockade the Gulf without fear of western military intervention.

Now they wouldn't be doing anything unfair or unreasonable by getting nukes, and they wouldn't be doing anything we're not doing by dominating the Gulf; but they would be acting against my western intrests. Making them, respectfully, my enemies.

As my enemies it is my solemn duty to attack them while they are weak, to keep them weak. Forever. Each and everytime they attempt to get strong, attack them first. Never allow them to get even close to being able to defend themselves from me. 

Containment is kinder than mass extermination, but either are on the table if it comes right down to it.

• PhoenixsPhoenixs Member Posts: 2,646

If we are allowed to have nukes, why shouldn't they?

• BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586

Like the Commander in Chief said, "If Iran gets a nucular weapon, the terrorists will win."

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

Originally posted by Phoenixs

If we are allowed to have nukes, why shouldn't they?

You aren't allowed to have nukes, and neither are they.

Had you have had nukes when you wanted them, had we allowed you to, I would never have been born.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norwegian_heavy_water_sabotage 

This is not a sport. A game about fairplay and equal opportunities for all. This is about denying other people the ability to kill you.

It's one thing to trust yourself not to kill another man, it's quite another to trust other men not to kill you. Somethings are best not left down to chance.

• fizzle322fizzle322 Member Posts: 723

Originally posted by baff 

This is not a sport. A game about fairplay and equal opportunities for all. This is about denying other people the ability to kill you.
    It's one thing to trust yourself not to kill another man, it's quite another to trust other men not to kill you. Somethings are best not left down to chance.

The "we must keep them weak" mentality is the reason they're our enemies in the first place.

I hope Iran does get a nuke. I hope the Arabs do get full control of their own lands. I hope they do unite into one big superstate.

Thats not my home. Thats their home. They have a right to prosperity and security just like everybody else.

As far as them wanting to kill us, wouldn't YOU want to kill someone that was keeping YOU down?

Its a catch-22

You're in someone else's house holding a gun to their head.

You dare not put down the gun, because they'd kill you.

And they want to kill you, because you're in their house with a gun.

Course you could walk out of his house and keep your gun in case he comes after you.

But that would make too much sense.

What our foreign policy should be :

1) Be better armed than everybody else

2) Stay out of other people's countries and wars

3) Oppress nobody.

I do know one thing. Every dog has his day. We're not gonna be the top dogs forever. 9/11 was our own bad karma coming back to us, and I fear the long downward slide has already begun for the US of A.

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589

Way too many religious freaks live in that part of the world.. and having them armed with nukes would not be a good idea.

Originally posted by fizzle322

Originally posted by baff 

The "we must keep them weak" mentality is the reason they're our enemies in the first place.

I hope Iran does get a nuke. I hope the Arabs do get full control of their own lands. I hope they do unite into one big superstate.

Thats not my home. Thats their home. They have a right to prosperity and security just like everybody else.

As far as them wanting to kill us, wouldn't YOU want to kill someone that was keeping YOU down?

Its a catch-22

You're in someone else's house holding a gun to their head.

You dare not put down the gun, because they'd kill you.

And they want to kill you, because you're in their house with a gun.

Course you could walk out of his house and keep your gun in case he comes after you.

But that would make too much sense.

What our foreign policy should be :

1) Be better armed than everybody else

2) Stay out of other people's countries and wars

3) Oppress nobody.

I do know one thing. Every dog has his day. We're not gonna be the top dogs forever. 9/11 was our own bad karma coming back to us, and I fear the long downward slide has already begun for the US of A.

We aren't in their house. We aren't in their house with a gun. We are nowhere near their houses.

We aren't in Iran, we aren't keeping them down and they aren't Arabs any more than we are.

The reason they want the bomb is not just to gain freedom from us (although to a large extent they will get this from it), it is to dominate the Arabs.

They want what we have, not to free the Arabs from us, but to usurp us as the defacto powers over them. (According to their leaders we are weak and lack the will to resist). Iran is an expansionist regime.   

Really, who cares "why they want to kill us"? First things first, lets remove their ability to kill us, and then we are sure we won't die, we can discuss it. What possible difference does it make why people are our enemies? I'm not 7 years old, you aren't my mum. Who started it has nothing to do with it.

The only thing that matters is who ends it. 

Did my ancestors do something to enrage the Iranians? O really, OK then, I guess it's fair if I allow myself to starve and die, or become poor or my friends in the military to explode or my friends in London or Dubai. Sorry but no Iranian life is worth more than a British life or the life of any of my allies.

That's not how it works. Any morality you have which tells you that it is, is flawed.

For the record, it isn't keeping our enemies weak that makes them want to attack us, it is allowing them to get strong. A dog with no teeth doesn't even think about biting the other dogs. All it thinks about is not getting bitten. Playground bullies aren't typically all weedy looking guys harbouring grudges.

When you take away power, you don't get an absence of power, you get someone else in power. If you remove the Western powers domination over the Arab states, they will be replaced by Iranian domination. The Iranians have no desire to stay in their own country. They are expansionist. Form a colonialist culture. No track record of not militarily interveneing in other peoples lands, at other peoples homes. They kill too. They invade too, they sponsor terrorism too, they threaten and cheat and bomb. Just like everyone else in power does. 

So you have to ask yourself, who would I like dominating the Middle East, America or Iran? 

Someone is going to. Who do you trust more? Who has your personal best intrests at heart?

I'm from a country that has been the top dog. We aren't the top dog any more. We fought for what we have. People died. We will fight again. Again and again until we can't fight anymore, or the rewards no longer justify the effort. We can't afford to let it slide.

You are right, of course, America won't be the top dog forever. Any time you would prefer Iran to be the top dogs instead of you, you can just hand over everything you own to them.

And when you do, I'll join their side. If you want to actively speed your sinking ship prematurely to the bottom, thanks for the tip, but I'll be getting off here.

Your foreign policy....

Rule 1 of your suggestion is mutually exclusive of your rules 2 and 3. You cannot be better armed than everyone else without access to fuel. The first thing we did to defeat Hitler, (and in WW1 the Tsar) was to capture the oil in the Middle East and deny it to our rivals. Had we not done so, we would not have won.

We captured Iraq and Iran. Both times.Our lives depended on it. 

When it's them or us, it's always us, even if they did nothing to deserve our invasions, we still invaded them, and we still had to, or die.

Should we need to do so again, we need to be ready to oppress them again, and able to oppress them again. Not have every male member of the population enslaved except for the blacks, jews and gays who get thrown into ovens. That was our choice last time, should Iran get hold of the bomb, we won't have any choice next time. We will have selected auto-lose for our children. Given up the security our fathers fought to give us and them. Surrendered it without a fight.

P.S. I completely agree about 9/11, the U.S.A. had been sponsoring terrorist bombings in my country for all of my life. I broadly feel you got what you deserved. However, I'd rather be your friends and allies than the Iranians. I feel we have more in common.

• ByromByrom Member Posts: 236

I have always felt, that sooner or later, someone is gonna pop a nuke, again. And that when that happens, alot of other people are going to pop nukes.

I dont think we can stop that from happening, but perhaps we can keep it at bay.

And I think it will be a planet killer, when it happens.

So that mutes who's top dog.

Yet it begs the question, who would be willing to use these weapons, given the probable outcome that I forsee?

Those who beleive, any such action, would ensure their inmortality.

And who would that be?

Hey, being wrong or right makes no difference, should this planet go poof.  lets do all we can to keep the nukes away from those people who think genecide, and suicide, are the will of God.

At least untill we find another Planet.

• bluberryhazebluberryhaze Member Posts: 1,702
    Originally posted by Byrom

Yet it begs the question, who would be willing to use these weapons, given the probable outcome that I forsee?
    Those who beleive, any such action, would ensure their inmortality.
    And who would that be?
    Hey, being wrong or right makes no difference, should this planet go poof.  lets do all we can to keep the nukes away from those people who think genecide, and suicide, are the will of God.
    At least untill we find another Planet.

I like it all,especially that part. this rock won't last forever so we need to get off our collective butts and not stifle societies, any societies in any nations. anything that stifles growth of the mind and human spirit will prolong or eliminate this from being possible.

Allowing Iran to have nukes would be a terrible mistake.  I know we're spread thin the way it is right now and we wouldn't be able to afford a full scale invasion of Iran at this time.  But if we find they are going to be nuclear capable in the future, I sure hope someone in my govt. who's in power will have the balls to take them out before they can take us out. 

Do we really want another cold war era?  One where they'd be more than willing this time around to launch their missles onto us even though it would be a total anhilation thing for them to do so?  If they wouldn't use it themselves on us I'm sure they'd give a nuke or two to some terrorists who would'nt think twice about not using it on us. 

We've never done anything to them for them to harbor such anger with us.  They grow up that way.  It's taught to their children to hate us.  They'd rather see us all die than live with peace.   Baff is right.  They'd be more than likely to take over the whole middle east if they had nukes.  Oppose them and see what would happen.  If we don't allow them to have the nukes to begin with, then we've got nothing to worry about. 

So once again I'm sure it would be left up to the US and our closest allies (England) to take care of the situation.  The UN won't stop them from aquireing nukes.  Hell I bet even most of the NATO countries wouldn't commit themselves to keeping them from getting nukes either. 

I don't believe "we had it coming" with 9/11.  We weren't prepared for such a thing, but we definately didn't deserve to have it happen to us anymore than any other country who has a terrorist attack happen to them.  I can only hope my govt. is more prepared to thwart attacks that may happen in the future.  But we all know Jack Bauer is only one guy and he can't keep all the terrorists away.  Doh!  He's just a fictional character damnit! 

• ByromByrom Member Posts: 236

Allowing Iran to have nukes would be a terrible mistake.  I know we're spread thin the way it is right now and we wouldn't be able to afford a full scale invasion of Iran at this time.  But if we find they are going to be nuclear capable in the future, I sure hope someone in my govt. who's in power will have the balls to take them out before they can take us out. 
    Do we really want another cold war era?  One where they'd be more than willing this time around to launch their missles onto us even though it would be a total anhilation thing for them to do so?  If they wouldn't use it themselves on us I'm sure they'd give a nuke or two to some terrorists who would'nt think twice about not using it on us. 
    We've never done anything to them for them to harbor such anger with us.  They grow up that way.  It's taught to their children to hate us.  They'd rather see us all die than live with peace.   Baff is right.  They'd be more than likely to take over the whole middle east if they had nukes.  Oppose them and see what would happen.  If we don't allow them to have the nukes to begin with, then we've got nothing to worry about. 
    So once again I'm sure it would be left up to the US and our closest allies (England) to take care of the situation.  The UN won't stop them from aquireing nukes.  Hell I bet even most of the NATO countries wouldn't commit themselves to keeping them from getting nukes either. 
    I don't believe "we had it coming" with 9/11.  We weren't prepared for such a thing, but we definately didn't deserve to have it happen to us anymore than any other country who has a terrorist attack happen to them.  I can only hope my govt. is more prepared to thwart attacks that may happen in the future.  But we all know Jack Bauer is only one guy and he can't keep all the terrorists away.  Doh!  He's just a fictional character damnit! 

Agree, Chuck Norris can doit. I seen him do it lots, on TV. lol. Ask the people in the Barrens, they'll tell you.

• Shifty360Shifty360 Member Posts: 629

All they want to do is bomb Israel.

Just let them have thier fun.

What could go wrong?

Originally posted by Shifty360

All they want to do is bomb Israel.
    Just let them have thier fun.
    What could go wrong?

And we should just allow that to happen?  lol

• JayBirdzJayBirdz Member Posts: 1,017

Sure!

Hell maybe Iraq will have a few srays land in their territory. :P

Look at the bright side, Cheap windows!!!!