Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Poll on WaR

2»

Comments

• Stuka1000Stuka1000 Member UncommonPosts: 955

Originally posted by SaintViktor

Yup it's gonna flop, not that I hate WAR or anything like that but seriously, when you try to compete with WOW you are headed for an epic failure.  From what we have seen there hasn't been anything majorly impressive about this game at all. The graphics and gameplay we have seen this far have been just average at best. If people think things are drastically going to change upon release, think again.  
     Mythic isn't even a proven mmo developer. They made DAOC which was just average and was only great to a small group of diehards, nothing more. Now all of a sudden because they are making WAR people seem to think  they can do no wrong.  I also believe that this game will get pushed back again because they don't want to release anywhere near AOC, not that  I thnk AOC will be much better but going head to head with AOC would be bad.
    I couldn't help but laugh when I read this.  First of all something at sometime WILL be released that will not just compete with WoW but beat it, it's inevitable.  I'm not saying that this will be WAR but at some point in the future it will happen. 

As for Mythic not being a proven MMO developer, omg what do you want?

DAoC was way ahead of it's time when released and even now, six years on the graphics etc. still stand up against many MMO's that have been released over the past couple of years.  Only a few weeks ago a poster started a poll on which game had the best PvP to date and DAoC won hands down.  Just think about that for a moment, a game that is over six years old beat all the others into oblivion and if this doesn't give Mythic the proven developers tag I don't know what will.

WAR will be a success.  It may not scale the hefty heights that Blizzard managed with WoW but I am willing to bet it comes damn close if marketed correctly.  Blizzard advertise A LOT, especially at christmas time etc. with new TV ads and full page spreads in gaming magazines and to back that up they have a polished and perfectly playable game.  If EA/Mythic do the same then WoW will have a fight on it's hands.

• PyrostasisPyrostasis Member UncommonPosts: 2,293

After seeing friends play beta, and playing it on their pc myself, I can say the game is going to do very well. I cant say why, or how... but I pretty much knew what it was before I sat down to experience it, and most people who have seen the movies and screenshots know as well.

It will definitely compete with wow, unless they have some form of horrendous launch...

• Shifty360Shifty360 Member Posts: 629

I'm sorry but with such a great IP, a huge fanbase, and a fantastic group making the game, I fail to see the invevitable chance for flop that so many are predicting.

When you have low expectations before the game has released you have already begun to mold the experience that you will have playing the game upon release. A low quality gaming experience.

• gimmeapennygimmeapenny Member Posts: 85

If it is DAoC 2 it will not even consider flopping, because most if not all of the previous DAoC players will start humping the crap out of their monitors for years(or maybe that was just me.. it remains one of two games that has caused me to do this, the other being CS)

It seems to promise things that are deliverable, if they do things like VG did and went,

"you can do this with this and this!!! its all in the game!" they made it sound so gimicky and awesome and when you got your hands on it, its like... oh yea okay so its another EQ/WoW clone, that runs like balls on my computer and has barely any content 40+, yea you can do all that stuff but its just a button and everything... I was just expecting a lot more.

Like I said if they pull off DAoC 2 it will not be a flop. I trust Mythic to deliver, its an amazing universe that has been needing to become an MMO and its an amazing company to do it.

Playing: EVE
    and you better care

• AlienovrlordAlienovrlord Member Posts: 1,525

Odd poll.  Hype doesn't have anything to do with a game flopping.

Originally posted by solareus

Flop would be a disasterous launch, bugs, unploshied product that creates a negative feedback across the web. A complete rejection from those who paid for the game leading to bad online feedback.

That doesn't have anything to do with hype.   That has to do with competence of the Developers and whether they produce a stable, playable and fun game.

A poll showing that the pre-launch community believes in a game doesn't mean the game will succeed either.   Hype and community faith will make WAR a success, but the things that could make a failure are completely different.  

I don't think WAR will flop.   Mythic has experience with MMORPGs and more importantly the Developers make sense when they talk.  They don't spout the cliches you heard from other games in development that proved unable to live up to their own hype or maintain it after release(Gods and Heroes, SWG etc).