Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why do people like this terrible game?

Tear1Tear1 Member Posts: 18
This game is horrible, why do people like it?

Comments

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

I believe people already answered this.

The main reason is it isnt a clone off of another game. It offers what those clones don't and those things are the things I enjoy. If you want a really good answer ask the hundreds of thousands of customers why. Go to the Ragnarok World Championships in Korea during July, and I am sure you will get a thurough answer.

• gargantroogargantroo Member Posts: 1,477

*Ahem* it is a clone off another game. The game is called Ultima Online. The first and greatest MMORPG. Get your facts straight.

Ultima Online- Apoc
    Final Fantasy XI Online- Nabara
    World of Warcraft- (Coming soon :P)

i play on australian servers because racism is acceptable there
  • CreativeNameCreativeName Member Posts: 47

The skill systems aren't even the same. This game is based off of experience gained from killing mobs. UO is skill use. There's no way this is a clone on UO. Oh my, it's top-down isometric... That doesnt make it a clone. Spells are different, skills are NOTHING alike, and there are classes in RO. And before you tell us to get our facts straight, dont post opinions:

"The game is called Ultima Online. The first and greatest MMORPG"  

All fact there. Wait! whats this?

"and greatest MMORPG"

!!!

This is CreativeName's fancy schmancy sig. Let the 'ooh'ing and 'ahh'ing commence... Now.

This is CreativeName's fancy schmancy sig. Let the 'ooh'ing and 'ahh'ing commence... Now.

• XenoCidezXenoCidez Member Posts: 24

This game was fun, until the bots came in by the thousands. Gravity pretends that their trying to get rid of them but seriously, why would they get rid of half their customers? It's just too tempting to bot because the game turns too repititive. Kill a monster, get exp, take the loot. Pretty much nothing changes after you switch to 2nd class.

But still if you can handle the bots and lackluster management then you should definately try this game out, it has it's own unique feel to it that brought me many happy hours.

I am writing guides for Starport, if you have any accurate information please pm me, thanks.

Great StarPort info site found in the main sites Links section -
    http://sgeacademy.webhop.net/

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

Originally posted by gargantroo
    *Ahem* it is a clone off another game. The game is called Ultima Online. The first and greatest MMORPG. Get your facts straight.Ultima Online- Apoc

*COUGH* speaking of getting facts straight, try again, UO was the second or third MMORPG, not the first.

- Fadeus Hawkwood

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• reddog000reddog000 Member UncommonPosts: 121

Originally posted by GarySingidas

what the fuck are you saying?? have you tried the game already to say something like that? huh?imageimageimage if you donnot
    F%#* youimage i like ro very much and you telling thats it horrible? who the hell are you?image

Hoy!!! Noypi ako!!!
    Gary Singidas!!!
    Si Marfe ni
    wakekekeke!!

I have been playing RO for a couple weeks now and find it to be highly addictive.  Just my kinda game.  But I would not go as far as the above poster if you do not like the game.  That is your perogative.  BOTS do not bother me at all so it is moot as far as I am concerned.  I just wish they would get a better bandwidth solution for their customers though.

-------------------------------------------
    The chastity master???????????? Why the ball and chain????????????

-------------------------------------------
    Control is an illusion!

• casmancasman Member Posts: 1
    I think ragnarok is a bit different dan ultima online and those other things make it fun , btw if people just want to play ragnarok let them ! I think its fun so ......
  • alastor44alastor44 Member UncommonPosts: 21

Posting on old posts...WEEEEEEE fun stuff ; ;b....trying to beat the boredom.

Waiting for:
    Diablo 3 Seasonal Ladders
    Warlords of Draenor

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

Originally posted by gargantroo

*Ahem* it is a clone off another game. The game is called Ultima Online. The first and greatest MMORPG. Get your facts straight.

Ultima Online- Apoc

If you truly fail to see the clear diffrence between UO and Ragnarok online, then I suggest you drop mmo gaming.
  • HotcellHotcell Member UncommonPosts: 279

Although I have stopped playing, I think this game is pretty fun. I especially like the graphics.. it's a break from those 3d stuff!

• NinixNinix Member Posts: 190

well... ive heard many good things about RO.... i dunno why.. the graphics seem kinda crap 2 me... but well... i guess it up 2 ppl what they like and what they dont like...... i thought about trying it my self... and i think ima gonna ^^

• NecrosadoNecrosado Member Posts: 5
    This is one of the most complex game i ever saw.

Have so many things, like more than 30 jobs (i think), wich every job can have a lot of diferent builds (stats and skills) and the War of Emperium is great stuff too.

ALL OF MY OPINIONS!

This game is horrible, just horrible (Simon's voice). For one I absolutly HATE anime, worst thing that I have ever come in contact with. The game is just a big blah fest. If you actually pay for this crap you are insane. This is truly one of those games that you say to people "Get over it and grow up". The game is just completly overrated and there is no possible way i would EVER play this game again. I hope you liked MY opinions and I personally don't want to hear any crap about it. Have a nice day!

• norskalnorskal Member Posts: 5

bgm = incredible

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

Originally posted by Avatar_
    ALL OF MY OPINIONS!
    This game is horrible, just horrible (Simon's voice). For one I absolutly HATE anime, worst thing that I have ever come in contact with. The game is just a big blah fest. If you actually pay for this crap you are insane. This is truly one of those games that you say to people "Get over it and grow up". The game is just completly overrated and there is no possible way i would EVER play this game again. I hope you liked MY opinions and I personally don't want to hear any crap about it. Have a nice day!

Thats odd, I was under the impression you were trying to state your own oppinion?

• CleffyIICleffyII Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,440

I thought it was odd that he hates anime but likes the Avatar.

Still I can see where I comes from.  I here it alot about Ragnarok Online.

• CleffyIICleffyII Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,440
    We seem to have lost our resident troll gargantroo to WoW.  T_T now there is no one to attest to how bad this game is.

• dookleetodookleeto Member Posts: 11
    i have played many mmorpgs (too many maybe) and none are as fun as RO. and gameplay wise there is very little like it. it is pretty dull at low lvls, just a point and click game really, but when u get higher lvl it is actually a complicated game with many tactical ideas to use to outwit your oponent. sadly official servers are too low drop to ever try half of them out and are infested by bots, but there are many decent servers out there. my only problem with the game is the lack of a true 'quest game' and subjobs (but hey im scripting them for my custom RPG/PK server xD) and a lack of endgame activities. any1 who has played FFXI or WoW can never tell me RO is boring. the combat system in most mmorpgs is so increadably slow and dull i just dont know why any1 bothers. i was pvping in WoW and actually lost interest diring the fight! at least RO has some gameplay :P

• Mystic_BeingMystic_Being Member Posts: 13
    Myself i've been playing Oceania Ragnarok Online (oRO) for about 6months i find this game so adictive in a good way the gameplay is sweet i do agree that when you are low lvl it is pretty stink but once your a decent lvl the game is awesome WoE would be one of the main reasons i play so fun :D rag FTWimage

Like the other millions of players i too are waiting for Raganrok Online 2.

• WickedMaidenWickedMaiden Member Posts: 1

I've been playing iRo for about two months now. At first I thought it was cute and I was having fun, and it was addictive until the boredom truly set in. The leveling system is far too slow once you hit higher levels, and the added grinding aspect of having your characters be "reborn" and "transcend" so that you start from scratch all over again is simply a way for Gravity to extend the life of the game, waste your time, and bilk you for the monthly fee for as long as they possibly can. I don't really hold that against them, it is a business after all.

However, the game is so infested with bots that some areas are practically unplayable for the honest player who is actually present at the keyboard. This game was made to be exploited, giving the players certain items and skills that make it that much easier to bot, or to simply go afk while their pet fights for them, as the alchemist class is infamous for doing. When you must compete with other players as well as bots to get what tiny little bit of experience you can, it slows down the progression of your character immensely, and I was feeling a bit like a bot myself, truth be told. The recent double experience events were really the only thing that kept me playing, and once that was over, so was my addiction to Ragnarok Online.

• kolesinkolesin Member Posts: 5
    offcorse , graphic in gaem isn't grate , but  ... i don';t know realy why i like it , mey be 'couse i like ANIME , maeb enother reason , but its realy FUN , and  prety interesting ( for me ) , 

Why do people like this terrible game?
       people play this gaem 'cose they like it , if u like some thing u dont ned to have soem reason to do thet :)

• gmartinsgmartins Member Posts: 2
      image  RO is a nice game man! It's simple, easy to play, but u got a lot of things to explore and many classes to create... and the clan wars are the coolest part of the game.

• VanguardeVanguarde Member Posts: 198
    This game is OLD.
  • nuphantonnuphanton Member Posts: 1
    I'll agree with most of the peope that like it. This game is just different from other games. I understand the graphics suck, but they're comming out with Ragnarok Online 2, which is 3D. Either way, I played RO about 3 years ago. I play insanely for a month or so and then I stop. Yet I always find myself comming back to play RO image

• therock3000therock3000 Member UncommonPosts: 48
    well it depends on the peoples point of view. my friend actually got me invovle with RO! lol i still have the 30 day trials for iRO that i got at Anime Expo 04! image
This discussion has been closed.