Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pirates Combat video

DulainDulain Member UncommonPosts: 616

Last week nvidia put up a movie of some combat footage.

http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_piratesburnsea_videos.html

This just makes me wonder what exactly do we get to control in combat? image

Comments

• AutomanAutoman Member Posts: 34

you get to controll the ship .the sails ,at what area the guns wil aim .what type of ammo they will be loaded with ,you will controll the crew and direct them to diffrent places on the ship regarding wether you want them to focus on guns or sails or repairing big holes in the hull.

and then finally you get to choose when the cannons will fire .combat will be a slow paced combat id say unless your fighting high odds hehe it can be over pretty quickly if you come in a sloop and get hit by 74 cannonballs that one of the more massive ships fire.image

- Actually, your wrong pirrg - En1gma

• WickedMouseWickedMouse Member Posts: 32
    You're the captain. So you command your crew. You order it to steer, load certain types of ammo per battery, when to fire etc. etc. Your captain character will have skills which you can improve by practice. So does your officers have. They're NPCs, but will affect your crew's performance dramatically. :)

• JutsuJutsu Member Posts: 264
    this is piquing my interest into the game... Id really like to try this imageimage

(o'.')--------oo----('.'o)

• KromusKromus Member Posts: 5
    Yea, I loved Sea Dogs II and Pirates of Carribean (Akella) and i think thisone should kickass image

Lineage 2 / Orc Monk

Lineage 2 / Orc Monk

• PhaZon7PhaZon7 Member Posts: 13
    Yea, I think this will do well. The movie and particle effects were really nice and the devs are going to good lengths to know what to do and what not to. I look forward to playing this very much.

HMS Progeny--

International Forces - Forums

• JutsuJutsu Member Posts: 264
    ya.. the way the cannon fire was.. it looked very nice... im gonna be a pirate imageimage

• PhaZon7PhaZon7 Member Posts: 13

Yea, too bad lone pirates don't stand much of a chance unless they're picking on the newbies. Now if you were in a guild or with a pack of other pirates then it'd be a different story.::::35::

I wonder when the devs will release the bigger movie, i'm getting too anxious. *explodes*

HMS Progeny--

International Forces - Forums

• MopsterMopster Member Posts: 47

being a lone pirate is a big challenge but not impossible. You just have to know when to run and how to handle certain situations :)

• RedLegsRedLegs Member Posts: 22
     Arr not me I want to be in a big Guild of pirates maby with some spys in the towns with the navy to see when the best loot is coming from the ports. Hunt the larger merchant guilds till they pay me Pirate freinds to leave them be. When they see me guild flag of the guild I join I want to see them scurry and flea frome the most feard Pirate guild ever. Then we take the straglers ships and give chase to the fleaing ships. Then me and me Pirate freinds drink de rum and party.image

Originally posted by RedLegs 
    Hunt the larger merchant guilds till they pay me Pirate freinds to leave them be. 

I think merchants will never try to attack pirates, so they will always "leave your piratey friends be".

• RedLegsRedLegs Member Posts: 22
     Arr thats good news that the merchants never atack the pirates that hunt them.  But I still say we Pirates hunt the larger merchant guilds till the larger merchant guilds pay us pirates fer safe pasage.image

sure go continue raid innocent merchants as you build up your bad reputation so the nation's whole Navy is after you, and your friends, together with bounty hunters image

• BambulBambul Member UncommonPosts: 49
    I was just playing SMP recently and thought of whether they make anything like that online (because AI there was pretty weak). So here we go :-)

--- Bambul's Signature ---

• methane47methane47 Member CommonPosts: 3,701

Hmm I'm not so sure about this game.... Because of the lack of life... I mean sure I read that they would be introducing avatars for players after the game is released (not right away) but I'm talking about the hustle and bustle of all the sailers on the ships. Shooting cannons, climbing the masts, swabbin the decks... But right now.. They are just a buncha ghost ships.. Dont get me wrong... I would love to play this game... But I dont know how long i could take ordering around invisible sailers...

Click Here --->Just one of those days<--- Click Here
    What's your Wu Name?
    Donovan --> Wu Name = Violent Knight
    Methane47 --> Wu Name = Thunderous Leader
    "Some people call me the walking plank, 'cuz any where you go... Death is right behind you.."
    <i>ME<i>

What's your Wu Name?
    Donovan --> Wu Name = Violent Knight
    Methane47 --> Wu Name = Thunderous Leader
    "Some people call me the walking plank, 'cuz any where you go... Death is right behind you.."
    <i>ME<i>

• Bennigan15Bennigan15 Member Posts: 123

This Game Looks KILLER, Can't Wait for it to be out Will Surely give this one a try! It looks like this game with more detail/storyline will have what it takes to last and make a great pirate game.

But hey thats just IMO