Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What do you think?

BlackMoonBlackMoon Member Posts: 177

Hi,

I have been looking for an MMORPG for months. For years I have heard about Everquest and it sounds exactly what I am looking for, however, I have always wanted a game just being released. I hate starting out where there are already top level people.

So anyway, I stumbled upon EverQuest II. Downloaded every video possible on Gamespot and I was amazed. Amazed. I read all the info on some fan sites. Still amazed, the game looks absolutely fantastic. However, I didn't play the regular game!

Not playing the original I think may put me at a big disadvantage. Other people may know the area better than me. Unless I memorize some maps. I also don't know a lot of the connecting story between the two game. I plan on trying out the free trial. I just wanted to get everybodies opinion.

Am I at a disadvantage coming in? How much? Hopefully my generally hardcore player tendancies will help me through it.

Comments

• zcandymanzzcandymanz Member Posts: 113
    Your not really at a disadvantage, unless you have never played a similar MMORPG. But still after a short time you will get the hang of it.

<"Oh lets call him George W."

-Hilary Clinton

-Hilary Clinton

• BlackMoonBlackMoon Member Posts: 177

I have played a few MMORPG's in my days but they are always unique in some instance.

My biggest concern is stat distribution. You know, making a terrible character. I'm assuming it's going to be similar to the original so I wouldn't really know what to do. I guess I could look at a character creation guide? What are your plans.

• zcandymanzzcandymanz Member Posts: 113
    I dont think you need to worry about that in EQ2, when you choose a class and subclass it should do it for you. Or if you a fighter you probably want strength, scout wants agility, mage wants inteligence, priest wants wisdom. pretty simple. You could always buy the prima strategy guide, then nobody has an edge over you really.

-Hilary Clinton

-Hilary Clinton

• BlackMoonBlackMoon Member Posts: 177
    Thanks for the suggestion/info. I'll probably end up getting the guide.

• ksmith2629ksmith2629 Member Posts: 56

Actually I have only played eqlive for about 3 hours, and because I only tried it in January 2004 I was confused and a lot behind so gave it up. When I saw this game I have been following it and Im so excited about it and I don't have any quams about being behind and think that it will be a lot of fun to the point we have started to form our guild already....we being the whole family (all adults and gamers).

I think that keep checking it out and this might be the one for you.

Tei

• sparkatbsparkatb Member UncommonPosts: 175

Character stats wont be much of an issue i think.

You cant customise the actual stats by allocating point stats yourself, the main method will be the armour/weapons you equip.

You get assigned character starting stats

Then 10 points each at every stage of class your decide to choose, so archtype, class, sub-class.

Then ontop of those actual character stats wil be the stats from armour, weapons.

• DenrahDenrah Member Posts: 18

I think they are making it quite hard to "gimp" a character, which for some, like me too have a tendency to do.

Desolation
    -Shadowbane
    Denrah/Glast
    -SWG
    Denrah Master Architect/Glast Master Smuggler
    Lineage 2
    Bored before level 40...

Desolation--- Glast/Denrah
    DAOC/Shadowbane/SWG/Lineage2

• sparkatbsparkatb Member UncommonPosts: 175
    You cant get it any simplified than the way they are doing it now, if you find it hard you must have a real low IQ.