Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DEMON HUNTERS HAVE ARRIVED!!!

DarkyDarky Member Posts: 59

Well it all started when killerTwinkie (I hope you're reading this) from the site staff told me we need some new announcements. And I've got the ultimate announcement.

When characters in WoW reach a high level, they can become stuff according to their race. i.e., a night elven warrior could become a demon hunter, and a dwarf can become a mountain king. If that's not a worthy announcement, then I don't know what is!!!

For those of you who read my burning hot topic "comon u ppl" (yes, it is mine) I voted for "stupid" in the poll. I'd like you all to do the same just to keep the topic alive.

Hyperactively,

Darky

-------------------------------------------------------
I don't have a signature so stop looking for one.

Comments

• ParaTrooperParaTrooper Member Posts: 1,961

omg omg omg, is this true????? i hope so :D

*Notice: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author... got sick of holding backspace.
    -----------------------------------------
    ParaTrooper, That guy that used to mod the MMORPG.com forums.

• DarkyDarky Member Posts: 59

This is not a 100% guarantee, as it does not appear in the Blizzard website, but it's on a website that works cooperatively with Blizzard (interviews and stuff) and they wrote it. I guess someone at Blizzard must have let it slip! :)

Happily,

Darky

• viet_boy33viet_boy33 Member Posts: 395
    I really doubt this will happen because everyone becoming super strong heros is not a very thing thats going to happen. Maybe some huge upgrades of class or something but not sure that high.

My strongest move is called the Hiten Misturugi Ryu technique. No move is faster or stronger than it. (Hitokiri Battousai)

http://www.narutofan.com go there for Naruto episodes!!

Well it could be say the equivilant to becomming a Jedi in SWG maybe? What's the website this was found on?

*Notice: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author... got sick of holding backspace.

• LoD254LoD254 Member Posts: 373
    Is this similar to disciplines in SB or must you become one certain thing depending on your race/class etc? I hope its jsut trainers advancing you. In SB only the more wealthy could obtain commander runes so its kept the little guy little. (no pun intended)

Well you'd think it'd be based from race/class can't see a orc shaman turning into a dwarf mountain king can u?

• LoD254LoD254 Member Posts: 373

I must have worded that wrong. I obviously didn't mean something like that. I ment will their be differant options for certain races/classes instead of all dorfs only having access to mountain king etc. In SB say an Elven mage, they could be bladeweavers, Runecasters, and choose from other disciplines as well.

Lets say just for the sake of the arguement that Mountain King grants extra melee powers such as a 20% melee dmg boost or so. If your a dorf healer this shouldnt be important to you at all. Could the healer choose from differant choices?

Yes thats why the race/class thing still applys, both not one or the other. Human paladin might just go further towards that, while a human healer might turn into who knows what..... IF they are going to have this system put in they will have to create more of these however because there aren't enough for all the race/class combo's there will be in the game.

• ConstantineConstantine Member Posts: 36
    Some of it makes sense, but some doesn't. For example, what does a human paladin become? He can't exactly get much more...paladin. I hear mages will pretty well become archmages as they stick to the class. Whirlwind is for all warriors according the the warrior description, so blademaster...errr. Alot of it seems already covered in everything but name.

Still, it would be great if there were some kind of prestige classes in the game or something like that. I don't know, you night elves are all right, but I want a human demon hunter. I just like humans :P

Maybe they just become Uber Paladins... and their hammers get like twice as big as they are now so they look even more ridiculous. Maybe it's not that they gain so many extra abilities but more as just recognition that they got to the level? it's like Lvl 50's in DAOC u can tell they r lvl 50 from their epic armour.... that was untill u could craft better armour but still.

I have something for topics... mine are always ever so popular!

Anyway, some explanation is needed.

On the website www.worldofwar.net (which happens to have tons of interviews and stuff with Blizzard) it was on top one time, maybe you can still find it.

Basically it said that characters who reach really high levels (I think the example was lvl40, lol) can specialize in order to achieve a different class title and have some more unique and specific skills.

Darky

BTW... only because it doesn't appear on blizzard.com doesn't mean it's not true... guess someone at blizzard let it slide =).

• ConstantineConstantine Member Posts: 36

Originally posted by Darky

BTW... only because it doesn't appear on blizzard.com doesn't mean it's not true... guess someone at blizzard let it slide =).

Yeah, some the best info I've read so far are from gencon reports, there's a few sticky ones on Blizzard's forums in fact.

Call me a bastard if u will, but i'm only posting that so my topic is on top again.

Cheers.

• rotwarotwa Member Posts: 5
    Anyone know when beta testing is gonna arise?  Or even when this game is going to release?

dsfsdfsdfsdf

dsfsdfsdfsdf

Go look at the official website http://www.blizzard.com/wow/

Lords Of The Mist - A World of Warcraft guild.
    http://www.lordsofthemist.com/

• RipclawRipclaw Member UncommonPosts: 190

Yes, it's all true. :) Unless they change this (there still in Alpha), at lvl 40 you will become a "Hero" from WarCraft3 depending on your race and base class. For enstence a Night Elf Hunter will become a Demon Hunter and a Dwarf Warrior will become a Mountin King.

Not sure how this will all work out myself, Only so many hero's in WC3 and alot more class/race combos in WoW. Also the whole thing that Palies are a base class in WoW as well as a Hero in WC3.

But I'm thinking they'll be some new suprises instore aswell, hoping for some new Hero classes that make WoW stand out more from the other WC games (takes place 6 years after TFT, should be new stuff :p) and/or take some of the lower classe kick ass units from WC and make them into more powerful Hero classes. I think a Warlock/Necro hero would be sweet... :p

• GervinGervin Member Posts: 159
    Ya it doesnt necessarily mean that being a hero will make your character super powerful where you'll be practically a god....I think its a cool addition.... makes the game more interesting and something more to reach for....I bet it will not be as easy as you think to reach such a level....we'll see

• GervinGervin Member Posts: 159
    ...btw for those of you wondering why in the world would they chose lvl 40....it is because if any of you have played Ragnarok Online which too is an MMORPG....the job lvl where you can change your "job class" is 40....need an explanation? well, basically to make long story short. You pick a job in the beginning then as soon as you reach job lvl 40, you are allowed to  chose and change your current job into a more stronger and better job, except it will have to be restrated back to job lvl 1.  However, your current character lvl stays the same....hope that answers some questions....

• lordvancelordvance Member UncommonPosts: 36

you are incorrect. Demon Hunters have not arrived. check the new blizzard Q/A. They are NOT implimented at the current, however, they are being looked into and worked on. It is still currently unknown if they will be in the first retail release or not. They will not be in early beta.

Its Goat Time!

• tylerthedruitylerthedrui Member Posts: 304

wow dude man thats pretty cool ya

• PheacePheace Member Posts: 2,408

I was under the impression that this was the old implementation that they had thought of but now they are just adding hte hero classes as new classes.

With the DK coming first.

And since they are only releasing one (that we know of) right now they can't limit it to a class or anything so anyone can make it.

They did say they were already working on others but they wanted to see how the DK would work out first.

• oakaeoakae Member UncommonPosts: 344

Why would someone resurrect a 4 year old thread!

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    Originally posted by oakae

Because, as usual, they didn't read the damn text.

• jiveturkey12jiveturkey12 Member CommonPosts: 1,262

Originally posted by oakae

Agreed this just reeks of the term, "Attention Whore"

-Jive

This discussion has been closed.