Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mmorpgs and the Bashers

ok ive found myself wondering why people bash other game and why cant they just let the players have ther own idea of the game. i mean if you must bash and hate on other games please keep it to yourself and your freinds. and instead offer help ful critizism to people you dont know like wow ive played the game and ther are some great things about those being almost everything lvl 60 and lower (cause im not a big raider just like to enjoy the journey) bad things the pvp and the comunity buts just because i feel this way dosent mean ima tell other to not play let them experience it them selfs

and to anypeople who want to bash this post pls think before you type just because you have a keyboard in your hand dosent make you all knowing

Comments

• VincenzVincenz Member Posts: 1,498

Originally posted by O'Deion

ok ive found myself wondering why people bash other game and why cant they just let the players have ther own idea of the game. i mean if you must bash and hate on other games please keep it to yourself and your freinds. and instead offer help ful critizism to people you dont know like wow ive played the game and ther are some great things about those being almost everything lvl 60 and lower (cause im not a big raider just like to enjoy the journey) bad things the pvp and the comunity buts just because i feel this way dosent mean ima tell other to not play let them experience it them selfs
    and to anypeople who want to bash this post pls think before you type just because you have a keyboard in your hand dosent make you all knowing

I'm not sure you're familiar with the concept of a "forum".

See, it's an exchange of ideas...not a cheerleading section for the game you like.

• GishgeronGishgeron Member Posts: 1,287

The answer to your query is easy.

Most people do not have tons of money to spend on TRYING every MMO that comes out.  Most of us rely on player feedback to help us decide on whether or not the game lives up to what we want from one.  I realize that most feedback is bias...part of being an intelligent READER is to be able to process that data with the understanding that it will be bias.

There is nothing wrong with bashing, not anymore so wrong than fanboy hyping anyway.  Most games give players of both extremes...all it takes is for you to read in the middle of them and look over what the game claims to be to figure out if its a good try or not.  For instance, Vanguard claimed to be very massive and very good.  Fans stood behind it even though it had flaws.  The bashers informed us that it was fatally lacking in content and deliver of promises.  I saved money not trying that game, which would have not lived up to what I want from a game in order to enjoy it.

Interesting point here though...you are taking sides against the bashers whom think they know it all........

Yet you place your OWN view of this matter on a horse just as high as theirs.  I find this "disease" to be common of those whom think they are "smart".  This is akin to people who claim others are close minded.  In the end, if you are disagreeing with them as much as they are with you...then logic would suggest BOTH sides are being either equally open minded or equally closed.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

"Freedom is just another name for nothing left to lose" - Janis Joplin

• VincenzVincenz Member Posts: 1,498

Originally posted by solareus

I find it funny there is all this "sensitivity" floating around once WaR games is finally on the chopping block for discussion.
    Iike vangaurd last year, that was on of my biggest tiraids in a long time, not because it was something that made me feel good, but the game just left me with such a ripped off feeling that it was hard not to bash it to little peices, I mean, it was so hard bashed Sigil doesn;t even exist now .....

LOL...you ain't wrong sol.  I spent the last two years listening to people claim "VANGUARD WILL KILL THIS GAME!", "NEVERWINTER NIGHTS 2 WILL KILL THIS GAME!", there were others too, and now it's "AoC WILL KILL THIS GAME!" or "WAR WILL KILL THIS GAME!".

What's funny, a lot of those same people were suddenly all upset when people called them on it after Vanguard and NWN2 didn't deliver...and the same will happen with AoC and WAR, IMO.

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

Almost every MMO feature solo/grouping gameplays, beside CoX, none support it all the way to the end (with the best stuff on everything you need).  And you wonder why there are soo many bashers?

If cute girls would all sit on your laps but none would want to do anything with you ever, wouldn't you find this extremely aggravating when they come sit on your laps?

I actually find the players extremely Zen and nice.  You actually make someone solo/group...and then your force him to raid/PvP???  And you wonder why there are "so much" hatred?  If anything, as I said, the hatred is extremely thin and well controled.

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

• TrollstarTrollstar Member Posts: 332

We bash because we can, er I mean, care.

These are discussion forums, and people like to argue why they love or hate a game.

No different than sports fans arguing why "their" team is better than someone elses (except in that case, they don't really play for their team, so their support is sort of odd actually)

So what if someone bashes your favorite game.  Feel free to defend it if you like, or ignore them if you don't want to bother.

Who the hell are you, and why should I care?
    Congrats! You are a victim of Trollstar!

• XenduliXenduli Member Posts: 654

The internet community is a joyous place with no snarkiness, self-centredness, sarcasm or misery. This thread confuses me, I need a lie down.

No annoying animated GIF here!

• GishgeronGishgeron Member Posts: 1,287

Originally posted by Xenduli

The internet community is a joyous place with no snarkiness, self-centredness, sarcasm or misery. This thread confuses me, I need a lie down.

I'll have you know that I am the physical embodiment of sarcasm.  So much so that I cannot hold normal conversations anymore as people no longer take what I say at its own face value...and instead reverse engineer every word assuming it to BE sarcasm,  My yes is truly a no at this point.

I suppose that makes me a woman, in retrospect.   Curses.

• O'DeionO'Deion Member Posts: 78

i dont claim myself to be smart ill be the first to admit when im wrong or just plain of base but all your veiws my post special to me cause you respond in the exact way i had hope in a smart calm way with your own veiws and opinions of what im saying and i thank you for that i know my veiws are my own and i like that horse think you talked about i really did