Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PotCO vs PotBS. Shock as who wins...

Pirates of the Carribean Online, by which is now a free download, by far beats Pirates of the Burning Sea.

I don't feel like going through why right now, so i will just tell you that.

I have played POTBS open beta, and i didn't like it, PotCO i did like however.

----------------------------
Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ... - Louis Hector Berlioz

Comments

• XenduliXenduli Member Posts: 654

Yes, but which has more YAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR?

No annoying animated GIF here!

• VincenzVincenz Member Posts: 1,498

I felt like I should be waiting for my mom to tell me it's bed time when I played PotCS...and that hasn't happened for 30 years.

I didn't like PotBS either...but hated PotCS...a lot.  Like it was uninstalled in under 60 minutes a lot.

• GishgeronGishgeron Member Posts: 1,287

Originally posted by Vincenz

I felt like I should be waiting for my mom to tell me it's bed time when I played PotCS...and that hasn't happened for 30 years.

I didn't like PotBS either...but hated PotCS...a lot.  Like it was uninstalled in under 60 minutes a lot.

I actually liked it.  The "open-ness" of the ship world was exactly what I would expect.  Apparently PoTBS has decided to make all ship combat instanced.  Sad.

Of course...the ship fighting is where that tale ended for me.  Had PoTBS offered such equal to PotC then I suspect I'd be a subscriber.  Then again, there is always that seething hatred for SOE I'm carrying around.  Perhaps not. 

• greenstumpsgreenstumps Member Posts: 250

It's funny how they are bot Pirate games and yet I feel more like a Pirate in EVE than in these two.

• VideoJockeyVideoJockey Member UncommonPosts: 223

I'm not surprised someone named "MrTumn3s" likes the movie-based game better. You really can't compare a game that is completely free to one that is not.

As for me, I don't play either game, but I played the Disney game for less than an hour before uninstalling. I spent more time taking their exit-poll on how to make the game better than I did playing it. It has the movie-feel, but that's all it has going for it. The gameplay is garbage.

PotBS at least tries. They spent much more time in development, and it shows.

• GuintuGuintu Member UncommonPosts: 320

Originally posted by VideoJockey

I'm not surprised someone named "MrTumn3s" likes the movie-based game better. You really can't compare a game that is completely free to one that is not.
    As for me, I don't play either game, but I played the Disney game for less than an hour before uninstalling. I spent more time taking their exit-poll on how to make the game better than I did playing it. It has the movie-feel, but that's all it has going for it. The gameplay is garbage.

Which of the games is completely free?  Both games I thought were P2P.

• ianubisiianubisi Member Posts: 4,201

Originally posted by MrTumN3s

I like pie.

I don't feel like going through why right now, so I will just tell you that.

• VideoJockeyVideoJockey Member UncommonPosts: 223
    Originally posted by Guintu

Originally posted by VideoJockey

Which of the games is completely free?  Both games I thought were P2P.

PotC is completely free. They run advertisements in the window.

• CerionCerion Member Posts: 1,005
    Originally posted by MrTumN3s

Pirates of the Carribean Online, by which is now a free download, by far beats Pirates of the Burning Sea.

I have played POTBS open beta, and i didn't like it, PotCO i did like however.

This post sucks. I don't feel like going through why right now, so I will just tell you that.

Games I'm watching: Infinity: The Quest for Earth, Force of Arms.

Find the Truth: http://www.factcheck.org/

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159

I agree with the OP, and dont really feel like going into why, either.  Maybe if I had more of an attention span, I'd like POTBS better, but to me it just seemed goddawful boring, and I despise the instancing.  POTCO is fun, for at least a little while.

And while we're comparing pirate game, Voyage Century's better than both, but better than POTCO only by a little.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.