Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EQ Tattoo!

Rott23Rott23 Member UncommonPosts: 56

So, I was thinking about adding some nerdyness to my skin.  I already have the Konami Code tattoo on my leg, and thought it would rad to have an EQ tattoo. I practically spent 4 years of my life in that game.

I'm looking for ideas!

I want something that only an EQ player would recognize, not like the EQ logo or name or anything like that.  Something that was more fond of the original EQ days would be even better.

My original ideas was to get the"Loading, please wait...." tattoo'd somewhere, but it's still up in the air, and I'm not sure if people would tie that into EQ, or just as something loading lol

I know this is super geeky, but I dig it ;D     Ideas anyone?

Comments

• Munkyman1Munkyman1 Member Posts: 221

Lol sorry to waste a reply, but came across the thread waiting for a reply to mine...lol what does somone say to this so many thing you know...like dont do it...or dear god!  But yah if i knew more about EQ i would help you out...i hated their interface, and will never forget that lol....or looking for healer....since there was never one there when u needed one.  dunno.....sorry mate.

• MaastaMaasta Member UncommonPosts: 69

I like it!

• LissLiss Member Posts: 48

hmm i throw a couple ideas at ya.

"You're in our world now!" somewhere.

Or maybe the class logo of your fav class? that would be pretty rad.

"Train to zone..."

A tat of the "Everquest chick" or whoever she is. kind of subtle but kind of like a logo.

thats all i can really think of right now. maybe other people will think of some. You better post a pic if you go through with this!

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

Brainstorming...

- Maybe your class logo on the left (1 logo per class)?  A druid have a tree and some stuff, it is small, just above the meditation thingy...a Paladin has a helmet if I recall well...and so on.  Anyway, if you log in your main character, you would see what logo I speak off.  (VERY SMALL)

- Maybe the symbol on a flag, either Crushbone, Freeport, a temple...  (VERY SMALL)

- Maybe a sarnak, a drolvarg, a gnoll...or a crystal spider maybe...or a LAND shark attack (kinda big for the land shark)

- Maybe a comic at GUcomic...

- Firiona Vie, either the legs fixed or not, both version (tm) are available (on some pictures, she has 1 leg much longer than the other)

- A weirdly equip adventurer (bronze arms, steel bp, no pants, etc...)

- The meditating book or any of it wonderfull spell-icon-picture (very small)

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

• RajaiRajai Member UncommonPosts: 331

Get something simple like the everquest zippo designs or work from there, I really like them, they have them in the station store or just google them

Edit: I only like two of them, of course you could just size down your character and get him tattooed on your arm

Trump 2016

• VirgoThreeVirgoThree Member UncommonPosts: 1,198

a froglok

• Amon_AmarthAmon_Amarth Member Posts: 219

Never

• sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458

I always thought the neon symbols on the walls of Neriak were cool (I've wanted to find some pics of them and paint them on my bedroom wall in the original neon or glow in the dark colors), I'd use one of them.

• Ecstasy25Ecstasy25 Member Posts: 24

The EQ Chick topeless

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081

Originally posted by boo2319

So, I was thinking about adding some nerdyness to my skin.  I already have the Konami Code tattoo on my leg, and thought it would rad to have an EQ tattoo. I practically spent 4 years of my life in that game.
    I'm looking for ideas!
    I want something that only an EQ player would recognize, not like the EQ logo or name or anything like that.  Something that was more fond of the original EQ days would be even better.
    My original ideas was to get the"Loading, please wait...." tattoo'd somewhere, but it's still up in the air, and I'm not sure if people would tie that into EQ, or just as something loading lol
    I know this is super geeky, but I dig it ;D     Ideas anyone?
    For it to classify as an "Everquest" unique tattoo, it has to be something EVERYONE will identify on first glance as "No f****'n way man!!, is that an EQ tattoo?!!".

Like have the face of Firiona Vie tattoo'ed to an area that won't be vulnerable to fatty tissues (so when you get older it won't cause issues )

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• blackthornnblackthornn Member UncommonPosts: 615

either:

"You ruined your lands, you'll not ruin ours" or however that went

a pic of someone with a polar bear head as a hat

or

if you're looking for classic old school eq, a SSOY, still a distinctive looking weapon in game nowadays :P

/shrug

Grouping in Old school mmo's: meeting someone at the bar and chatting, getting to know them before jumping into bed.  Current mmo's grouping: tinder.  swipe, hookup, hope you don't get herpes, never see them again.
  • Amon_AmarthAmon_Amarth Member Posts: 219

That post of mine earlier was just a screw up. Dont mean anything by it. sorry bout that, lol.

• Narco28Narco28 Member Posts: 300

^  sweet name , viking metal owns.

• Rott23Rott23 Member UncommonPosts: 56

Lol no offense taken.

Some great ideas. The class symbols would be pretty cool  - I didn't even think about that.

Also, the neon designs would be cool too, I wish I could find out the lore behind them tho.

I think my favorite so far is "TRAIN TO ZONE!!!11"  lol that would be hella funny. That is DEFINITELY  something only  EQ people would know. Thinking about trying to explain what it means to someone who doesn't play games is kinda scary tho; I don't think there is any way to justify that being cool to anyone without a geeky side ;P

I think I'll stay away from an actual piciture of a character or god, I could just see that being completely botched.

Thanks for the suggestions; keep em coming!

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

If you want text:

- A snake kicks YOU for 8 points of damage.

- A sand Giant hits YOU for 98 points of damage.

- Natural selection at it best!

- whatever the PvP priest says when someone attacks him.

- LFG

- WTS FBSS PST 2k OBO, SoW 5pp, TP 45pp 3+

- xXx Drizzt xXx shout' *insert any other line here*

- Camp check?

-- Disco, LFM

-- WTF KING IS CAMPED, Rax go away!

-- Your mom!

-- Chef will be open in 10

-- Anyone willing to CR Krypt? Plz, k, tks.

-- Trak LOL, joking, me not emo!

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

• DeathstinyDeathstiny Member Posts: 386

Spectres to Docks!

• majochmajoch Member Posts: 599

Pain and Suffering hits you for 10,000 hps,  you have been killed by pain and suffering. Loading, Please Wait.

• sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458

Originally posted by Anofalye
    If you want text:
    - A snake kicks YOU for 8 points of damage.
    - A sand Giant hits YOU for 98 points of damage.
    - Natural selection at it best!
    - whatever the PvP priest says when someone attacks him.
    - LFG
    - WTS FBSS PST 2k OBO, SoW 5pp, TP 45pp 3+
    - xXx Drizzt xXx shout' *insert any other line here*
    - Camp check?
    -- Disco, LFM
    -- WTF KING IS CAMPED, Rax go away!
    -- Your mom!
    -- Chef will be open in 10
    -- Anyone willing to CR Krypt? Plz, k, tks.
    -- Trak LOL, joking, me not emo!

Classic! "A snake kicks YOU for 8 points of damage."

Oh man, the snake one is pretty damn good. So is the sand giant one too, everyone remembers that lol

I think i'm going to do one of those, that's too awesome to pass up

Does anybody happen to have a screenshot of a snake or sand giant attacking with a hit and then kill, followed by a load screen prompt?  I'll have to have it copied with the same font and layout if I want it to look original in the tattoo. 

I'd really appreciate it!!   All my screen shots are on an old CD buried under junk in storage :(

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

There was a very long time debate and research forum about a certain symbol that kept appearing all around the original game world.  Mostly on the wizard spires and such, but I recall one also being in efreeti lord djarns roon.  The theories on what they meant and such were awesome. They are everywhere in the old game, but something you just overlook until you see it in a screenshot or something.  Then it brings back floods of memmories.  I think there is also one in neriak.  One of the neon floaty symbols?

I will see if I can find a link with a picture.

Cool thanks :)

• BakhallaBakhalla Member Posts: 40

class logo would be cool, because those who saw it from normal perspective would just think it was a dream catcher, or a skull, or a sword, but others would recognise.

i'm pretty silly myself, so i'd get a sand giant or a desert orc somthing like that.

oooh, or i nice battle scene of mky dwarf rogue ncharacter slaughtering elvish children in greater fey... whooo it was the good ol' days!

• Ita+ChupsIta+Chups Member Posts: 70
    Originally posted by boo2319

So, I was thinking about adding some nerdyness to my skin.  I already have the Konami Code tattoo on my leg,

Picture? Not all tatoo artist would do that>< lol. But cool if you liking it and it's nice design.

• SamuraiswordSamuraisword Member Posts: 2,111

ding !

level up

• natauschnatausch Member Posts: 56

SOW plz