Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you have a 70, you should be able to create a lvl 40-50.

Yeah, you heard me.  Just like DAoC where is you have a 50 you can "level" a toon to I believe it's 20, Blizz should follow suit.

I'm sick bored with "Raid or die" with my main, I'd like to level something else, but my goodness, talk about headache inducing boredom!  "Gee I' get to run these same quests for the umpteenth time in a dead old world and I have to get my wife to run instances for me with her main"

BORING.

They do that, it would make life more better.  Or hell make it so you can earn "Exp for an alt" with your main.  You earn it on your 70, you get no mob cash, and instead you can assign "XP" to an alt on your account.  That would work for me.

Always change your signature.

Comments

• PheacePheace Member Posts: 2,408

Originally posted by MrVicchio

Yeah, you heard me.  Just like DAoC where is you have a 50 you can "level" a toon to I believe it's 20, Blizz should follow suit.

I'm sick bored with "Raid or die" with my main, I'd like to level something else, but my goodness, talk about headache inducing boredom!  "Gee I' get to run these same quests for the umpteenth time in a dead old world and I have to get my wife to run instances for me with her main"

BORING.

They do that, it would make life more better.  Or hell make it so you can earn "Exp for an alt" with your main.  You earn it on your 70, you get no mob cash, and instead you can assign "XP" to an alt on your account.  That would work for me.

THat's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Complaining about raiding yet wanting a jump to the endgame.

I'm totally against this idea. I thought it was stupid in Daoc to see the lower levels totally devoid of players for anyone new to the game.

Giving a jump like this is like a deathblow to your turnover rate, it's only downhill from there. 1-60 is fine, the exp jump for quests gave it a really sweet boost.

• MrVicchioMrVicchio Member Posts: 598

Pheace, it's not stupid, it's called I have other things to do then run through the same content again.

DULL, BORING.

As for turn over, my account.. I canceled it three days ago out of annoyance.  Doubt I will bother with it again. If they put this in.  I would.

So YOU might think slogging through 1-60 is enjoyable, I find it tedious and dull when doing so for the.. oh 6th time.

• vmopedvmoped Member Posts: 1,708

Pheace has a point.  Why would anyone new want to play WoW at that point when all the players with 70's completely excempt the lower content?  It really would drive off any new subscribers.  It hurt DAoC, and it would hurt WoW.

And Pheace is right that you contradict yourself by saying you are bored with the raid or die mentality, yet you want to immediatly subject yourself to it with another toon.

MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S

• firstbournefirstbourne Member Posts: 32

QQ more...

Gotta work on that 8th alt because you have nothing more to do... alts are a sign of boredom and failure.

LOL QQ more.. failure.. yeah.

See When I play, I laugh at people like you.

WORK?  I'm pay to have fun, not "work".

As for the "New players have no one.. dude, I ignore the newbies... who actually goes and groups with them?

I have even attempted to get groups going, WC, RFC, RFK...   nothing.

Of course, this isn't a shock, the reaction, WoW's world famous community shines when someone suggests making things more fun taking away their precious "work"

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

Originally posted by Pheace

THat's the worst thing I've ever heard. Complaining about raiding yet wanting a jump to the endgame.

QFT  (althought edited)

See, if your tired of raiding, why do you want instant level 50 and be trapped again into this raiding logic?

I don't play WoW, but such a feature would only make me consider WoW even less.  There needs to be SOMETHING to do...especially if you don't like raiding.

Ask for all the raiding loots to be given in groups instanced and I will support you, inconditionnally and I can solo anyone from Afterlife for you, but, that?  I just don't understand what you would be doing in the game.

Ask for a server where everyone is level 70 and fully decked with all the gear, and I would figure this might be an interesting server for a few reasons (decking it out in PvP or trying stuff you wouldn't otherwise).  Ask for something that I can understand what you would do and enjoy, and maybe I would support you, but that?  I would support the idea of a server where all characters are maxed, no customisation available, pure uberness...I wouldn't play there myself, but I figure it could be fun for some peoples.  I wouldn't fight for such a server, as...well...it is not interesting me, personnally...but at least, I would understand it.

An automatic award of level 50 characters on the regular servers, where you already complain that raiding is boring?  I just don't understand what would be your motivations­.  Asking to get level 50 because you hate raiding?  I mean, if you ask for a level 50 because you like to raid, I would understand and kinda agree with you, even if I would NEVER want to play there myself (I would never play on a raiding server, even less on a server where there is only raiding left).  But that?  This is alien to me.

The path to uberness is what is appealing to me, been uber is the ending.  I don't want to raid, I don't want to PvP, I don't want to tradeskills...I want to progress toward total uberness, only grouping/soloing. :)  Raiding is extremely problematic to me, cause I reach that point fast, I never reach uberness, and it is just plain horrible.  If raiding give no loot, it isn't in my path, I don't care.  If it give the same loot, I don't care.  If I have to raid at any moment in my progression, I just don't play the game at whole...if any part of the progression is sick, the whole path lacks.  This is simply why, for me, everything must end in grouping, regardless of me achieving it or not.

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

• LiquidvisonLiquidvison Member Posts: 112

BORING.

sorry to tell ya bro but thats all wow is, once you reach max lvl you raid or chill in IF or Org....thats it....pvp sucks in wow so all thats left is raiding lol you and ur wife might wanna find a new game atm

• Death1942Death1942 Member UncommonPosts: 2,587

...the next expansion and the ones following that will allow you to unlock the heroic class which starts off at lvl 60 or 70...you need to do some research

MMO wish list:

-Changeable worlds
    -Solid non level based game
    -Sharks with lasers attached to their heads

Okay maybe you guys missed the point here.

I'm sick of raiding with my MAIN.  I'd like to try out the end game with a different class.  GASP!  SHOCKING!

I'm not asking for "All decked out with everything.  You elitist ***** drive me batty with your attitudes.  I don't have the time, drive or desire to play through the same content over and over and over again.  I'm looking for the ability to enjoy the part of the game I'd LIKE to experience, without all that low level crap.  I.E. skip the old world.

Heroic classes?  You assume I want to play WoTLK.  Which I don't I have other plans for this year.  But in the mean time, I would liek to see life as other then a MAGE at 70.

Say a Priest, a Pally or a Lock.

Gee. gasp have fun for what I am paying for!  Blasphemy!

• XenduliXenduli Member Posts: 654

So even after Blizzard make levelling easier between 20 and 60 you still want help in the easiest game to level in the entire history of games with levels!

Even when death knights are released you won't start at lvl 70, but 58. Will you QQ about doing the same shit in Outlands?

No annoying animated GIF here!

Okay maybe you guys missed the point here.

I'm sick of raiding with my MAIN.  I'd like to try out the end game with a different class.  GASP!  SHOCKING!

I'm not asking for "All decked out with everything.  You elitist ***** drive me batty with your attitudes.  I don't have the time, drive or desire to play through the same content over and over and over again.  I'm looking for the ability to enjoy the part of the game I'd LIKE to experience, without all that low level crap.  I.E. skip the old world.

Heroic classes?  You assume I want to play WoTLK.  Which I don't I have other plans for this year.  But in the mean time, I would liek to see life as other then a MAGE at 70.
    Say a Priest, a Pally or a Lock.

Gee. gasp have fun for what I am paying for!  Blasphemy!

Then, I agree with you, althought I would be on the other side of the room, personnally.  You want level 50 because you like raiding, not because you hate it (althought you are obviously done with your mage).

Honestly, Blizzard should make raiding servers, where everyone start at level 70 with no gear...  And grouping servers, where everything is earnable in a 5 men group, but where you start at level 1.

This mixing "solution" ain't working and aggravate most peoples.  You want to raid, you should be able to join a raiding server.  I want to group, I should have servers where raiding loot is always given in a 5 men group.  Raiders don't want us, and we don't want them.  Having 1 or 2 raiding servers and 1 or 2 grouping servers started and see how they evolves would make sense.

• thelawoflogicthelawoflogic Member UncommonPosts: 788

just play a diffent game.....

Originally posted by xantho10

just play a diffent game.....

There are no game where someone who enjoy raiding can start raiding on day 1.

Just as there are almost no game where someone who enjoys grouping can group all the way till the end (the path of the journey is what matter, and if that path take you to activities you dislike, like raiding, then the whole path is wrong).

It is easy to always send peoples elsewhere.  SOE is doing that all the time.

• zethcarnzethcarn Member UncommonPosts: 1,558
    Originally posted by Xenduli

So even after Blizzard make levelling easier between 20 and 60 you still want help in the easiest game to level in the entire history of games with levels!
    Even when death knights are released you won't start at lvl 70, but 58. Will you QQ about doing the same shit in Outlands?

If you could comprehend his post maybe you would realize it's not about the ease of leveling but the fact that leveling is boring.

• XenduliXenduli Member Posts: 654

Originally posted by zethcarn

If you could comprehend his post maybe you would realize it's not about the ease of leveling but the fact that leveling is boring.

If you could read the title of the post it reads "If you have a 70, you should be able to create a lvl 40-50" ergo he wants to shortcut the levelling process.

Perhaps if you weren't in the remedial class YOU would comprehend that.

No annoying animated GIF here!

• docminusdocminus Member Posts: 717

BORING.

I know what you mean. And I agree in so far, as Blizzard obviously made it easier to level to 60. Why? Because some (many?) people are tired of leveling tons and tons through the same content. Especially considering that faster leveling as done now by the company is agreeing to the fact that for many content isn't as important (sadly enough).

In Ultima Online you can get advanced characters by buying tokens if I remember. Could be an extra income for Blizzard. On the other hand, if you stay longer to level longer, than they can make more money on subscriptions.....

The hardcore elitist who have time like mad will always be against this, because then they wouldn't have more advantages over others anymore. It is "nerfed" enough as it is for them. And I understand them in a way, but for me e.g. who doesn't have that much time anymore as in the past due to rl,  I say that I pay as much subscription as everyone else and I want equal opportunities. If I then look ridiculous because i don't know my class, well, then that is my problem and I will most likely get punished by getting kicked out of groups, etc.

Besides, if Blizzard would offer this, then leveling companies and gold farmer would have it much tougher, a simple way to get rid of them imho. Then again, I saw on the Sony station exchange server, where you can officially trade gold or characters in EQ2, that there still are spammers offering gold, etc, so maybe this theory has to be abandoned :(

imageimage

• luciusETRURluciusETRUR Member Posts: 442

I've done a total of two whole bosses my entire time since Burning Crusade came out and have a pretty swell time. You can PvP for gear now, I heard. So.. since when has it been raid or die? You mean spend time to earn gear or die?

• ProdudeProdude Member Posts: 353

As for the "New players have no one.. dude, I ignore the newbies... who actually goes and groups with them?

Of course, this isn't a shock, the reaction, WoW's world famous community shines when someone suggests making things more fun taking away their precious "work"

Maybe you just suck if you can't get a group together, don't blame the "community"...

You can always leave the game...no need to whine and complain here because it won't do anything for your game experience. Maybe you just need to brish up on some "people skills"...

I don't have to play MMOs to laugh at people.  There is more than enough opportunities right here.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

Just like DAoC where is you have a 50 you can "level" a toon to I believe it's 20, Blizz should follow suit.
    from my own experiences since patch 2.3

- I had a hunter make 40 in 2.3 days /played -- solo questing

seems similar to DAOCs instant "20" to me ...

DAOC didnt give you a big leap, you still had to go through * 30 * more levels to 50

• luciusETRURluciusETRUR Member Posts: 442

I don't understand what you mean.. part of having fun in an MMORPG is leveling and also is gearing your character. You choose to ignore newbies.. why? People who are new to the game aren't going to learn how to instance just by doing quests, you should be willing to help people learn how to play, maybe that will surface some new fun for you.

Did someone in better gear kill you, and you instantly blame it on their gear? Is that why you are so angry?

I really don't understand this argument, the part of the reason I enjoy MMOs over say FPS and RTS, is that it takes time and you can't just pick up the game and be at the same point I am. I enjoy leveling, as I enjoy instancing and PvP. You just might be playing the wrong game.

It's fun up to a point leveling.

When I am sitting there, having made three levels like I did last time I logged my alt, awsome, I've burned through the ghostlands... it's the drudge of going through the old world.. AGAIN, that bothers me. 

Finding manmkirks wife was cool the first time.. nto so much anymore.  Running WC used to be enjoyable, now it's a 90 minute exercise in endurance, can I stay awake?

That goes for all the rest of it.  Been there done that, got the tshirt.

Some of you think that players like me will just keep our subscriptions going to get there.... no mine's been canceled... for now.  I might re-up for the wife again later, but right now the tedium of "getting there" annoys me to the point I cannot justify paying for this "game"

I offered up an idea to help those players like me that have this syndrome of  "bleah, not again" going on.  You guys, for the most part, have offered up "It's the game lolz they all ready have it on easy mode you suck QQ more"

You're not getting the point here.  I don't mind raiding, to a point.  I like to try new things, but 1-60 is dead, DEAD.  Okay?  Why do you think "heroic" class is going to start at 50 r so?  Even Blizz knows this.  They put in faster leveling not for people like me, but to help new players "get there for the first time"

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

They put in faster leveling not for people like me, but to help new players "get there for the first time"
    They put in faster levelling for players like you - to QUICKLY get past stuff you already did before

New players dont need to be rushed through the game

• BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586

Its amazing to see how some players are showing us how spoiled they are. Even with the easy level up changes they put in and making pvp items comparable to raid items people still aren't satisfied. How much easier can they make the game?  Whats next? Blizzard starts a gold selling service? Auto lvl 70 creation with 300 gold for $75.00? Spoiled I tell ya, like little kids with puppies.

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

• zethcarnzethcarn Member UncommonPosts: 1,558

Originally posted by zethcarn

If you could read the title of the post it reads "If you have a 70, you should be able to create a lvl 40-50" ergo he wants to shortcut the levelling process.

Perhaps if you weren't in the remedial class YOU would comprehend that.

Did I say anything about his title?  No.  I said his POST.   Also his post is not a QQ post.  He is just expressing the leveling process is BORING AS HELL.   Everyone is entitled to their opinion and you look real immature for flaming him for his opinion.

• mo0rbidmo0rbid Member Posts: 363
    Originally posted by firstbourne

QQ more...
    Gotta work on that 8th alt because you have nothing more to do... alts are a sign of boredom and failure.

no, you make alts because it's fun to try new things. You're view of it is totally skewed