Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hello PvP?

anigousanigous Member UncommonPosts: 113

Hello, what does PvP mean to all of you? Maplestory wouldn't have PvP because its not stable, thai has a stupid mini game collection.

"i have a lvl 26 maplestory warrior lvl 9 asda story archer and a adventure quest mage lvl 15 and my xfire is my bro's"

Comments

• Vicious172Vicious172 Member Posts: 5

Maplestory doesn't have pvp because wizet is too lazy to implement it, also if they did manage to get pvp, the players with the most pots would win as pots don't have a cool down. How dare you mention maplestory.

• anigousanigous Member UncommonPosts: 113

Dude note that a ghost online PvP is potless, also wizet doesnt want PvP so no one could be enemies (though duels should be used) not only that but don't reject maplestory! It's on the mmo list. :D

"i have a lvl 26 maplestory warrior lvl 9 asda story archer and a adventure quest mage lvl 15 and my xfire is my bro's"

• -Zeno--Zeno- Member CommonPosts: 1,298

PVP is:

1. Player economy - player craftsmen selling there wares
    2. Territory control - removing unwanted players from your favorite spawns
    3. Warfare - Fighting your enemy
    4. Seige - Destruction of your enemies citys
    5. Leveling or Skilling faster than someone else
    6. Any form of competition within a game
    7. Quests - when it involves doing something before someone, or some player empire, does.

It isn't an mmoRPG unless players compete.  If its "All vs NPC's", just pretend its single player.

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

• KurirKurir Member UncommonPosts: 244
    Originally posted by -Zeno-

PVP is:

Player economy - player craftsmen selling there wares
    Territory control - removing unwanted players from your favorite spawns
    Warfare - Fighting your enemy
    Seige - Destruction of your enemies citys
    Leveling or Skilling faster than someone else
    Any form of competition within a game
    Quests - when it involves doing something before someone, or some player empire, does.

It isn't an mmoRPG unless players compete.  If its "All vs NPC's", just pretend its single player.

Whatever.... Personally I don't need to kick someone elses behind to make myself feel better about myself. I play MMO's for the sense of community and the ability to work with a group toward common goals, that doesn't include PvP.

• TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905

Originally posted by -Zeno-

PVP is:

Player economy - player craftsmen selling there wares
    Territory control - removing unwanted players from your favorite spawns
    Warfare - Fighting your enemy
    Seige - Destruction of your enemies citys
    Leveling or Skilling faster than someone else
    Any form of competition within a game
    Quests - when it involves doing something before someone, or some player empire, does.

Hmmm no, MMORPG do not require competition. RPG's are mainly about non-competitive and cooperative gameplay.  Usually story driven or choice driven.

You have some good points about PvP and ideally thats how many of them would set it up. I wouldn't go so far as to say all that is "required". PvP is basically a player competitive ruleset and its whatever the designer defines it as.

Granted most western games tend to just add some active fighting mode as an afterthought on an isolated server to accomadate the players who think PvP is about virtual mugging in a duplicate PvE environment and leave it at that.

It could be a powerful addition to just about any MMO if done correctly but devs have shied away from it seemingly content to just tack it on at the end of development or scrambling after launch to add it on and it ends up being nothing more then a quick fix, mini-game.

• anigousanigous Member UncommonPosts: 113

Nice, I personaly think maplestory could have a clone of Runescapes "Castle Wars" or maybe world battles. Siege warfares anyone? Thanks but sometimes it just feels good to whoop a guys behind sometimes.

• warzone100warzone100 Member Posts: 63
    Originally posted by Kurir
    Personally I don't need to kick someone elses behind to make myself feel better about myself. I play MMO's for the sense of community and the ability to work with a group toward common goals, that doesn't include PvP.

{ Mod Edit }  PvP is not about making yourself  feel better about yourself it is about fun and competition.  In any group PvP game I have played there was more of a sense of community and allot more working together towards a common goal then in ANY PvM game I have played. 

• KurirKurir Member UncommonPosts: 244

You're entitled to your opinion as I am to mine neither right nor wrong, but thanks for the flame anyway. So long as the minority of PvP'rs are capable of performing in the manner I allude to then all PvP suffers from it. I'm very interested in seeing the WELL online version of PvP to see if it deters that griefing element. I hold with the notion that the griefer will simply find a way around it as usual, regardless of the Dev's intentions, but it will be interesting none the less.

Now I'd suggest not resorting to personal attacks and name calling,{ Mod Edit }