Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any good information site about Eve ?

Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316

With lots of details.  So many things i still don't understand :

-Standind, Agent level, Agent type, Learning skill, etc.  

After playing for 3 days i'm still doing level 1 missions, someone told me you need a standing of 7 to get level 2.  I check my standing they are several with different faction but my highest one with the Gallente Federation is only 1.02.   I must be doing something wrong, i kept doing missions from the same agent for 2 days now.... i don't understand.

Comments

• ArgeanArgean Member Posts: 126

Originally posted by Aguitha
    After playing for 3 days i'm still doing level 1 missions, someone told me you need a standing of 7 to get level 2.  I check my standing they are several with different faction but my highest one with the Gallente Federation is only 1.02.   I must be doing something wrong, i kept doing missions from the same agent for 2 days now.... i don't understand.

Thats is correct after 3 days you should still be doing L1 missions. A L2 Combat Agent is going to require more ship then what you have skills for right now. And the person who told you a standing of 7 is required for a L2 agent is wrong. Each agent has a set standing you need, one maybe 2.00 and the next one might be 2.50. Bring up the the info window for the agent and it should show you the required standing. Another thing about agents is you need the correct standing for the Corp or Race of the agent. Example agent A is Caldari and is in the Lai Da corp and requires a standing of 2.30, so you will need to have your standing at 2.30 for either Caldari or Lai Da corp. I forget how you can check which agents are in a given corp. Righ now I have been away from the game for 2 months, maybe someone who is still playing can expand on this subject for you. There is a few peeps in this forum with some good knowledge to pass on just read and you will see who they are.

Argean...... Caldri
    Rebel Mining Guild
    Eve-Online

Eve-Online

• DienekesDienekes Member Posts: 484

When you show info on an agent it will tell you which corp he or she works for.  There is another way to look up agents.

Lets say for example you have been working for Lai Dai from day one and you want to find a level 2 agent inside of Lai Dai.  Instead of going from station to station looking for them you can find the agents another way.  Go into your character sheet and click on the Standings tab.  Find your standings with the Lai Dai corp and right click on it.  You can then Show Info on the corp.  Within the Show Info menu for the corp is an Agents tab and under that is a list of all the agents working for the corp.  You can then go down the list and find out what agents you can use and what the requirements for the ones you can't use are.  The list is listed by the level from lowest to highest and it will tell you if the agent is available to you right on the list making it nice and easy.  You can also set destinations to the agents from this list.  Hope that helps you out some.

"Feel free to hate me, but hate me for the right reasons."

"Your still ignorant if you believe the first thing you see when the blindfold is removed."

"Be smart enough to know I'm smarter than you."

• RotAnimalRotAnimal Member Posts: 70
    You should also train some of the agent runner skills if you intend to do missions for a while. Training connections up 2-3 levels will give you access to a lot more agents as each level increases all your standings about 0.4 (0.4 when your standings are low but as they get higher then connections has smaller effect). There are also skills out there that give you better rewards for each mission and better standings bonuses for missions.

Signature? I don't need no steeeenking signature!1!1!1

Signature? I don't need no steeeenking signature!1!1!1

Originally posted by Dienekes
    When you show info on an agent it will tell you which corp he or she works for.  There is another way to look up agents.
    Lets say for example you have been working for Lai Dai from day one and you want to find a level 2 agent inside of Lai Dai.  Instead of going from station to station looking for them you can find the agents another way.  Go into your character sheet and click on the Standings tab.  Find your standings with the Lai Dai corp and right click on it.  You can then Show Info on the corp.  Within the Show Info menu for the corp is an Agents tab and under that is a list of all the agents working for the corp.  You can then go down the list and find out what agents you can use and what the requirements for the ones you can't use are.  The list is listed by the level from lowest to highest and it will tell you if the agent is available to you right on the list making it nice and easy.  You can also set destinations to the agents from this list.  Hope that helps you out some.

Thanks Dienekes for filling in that info. With being away for a few months I have forgotten some of the small details about the game. I will most likely feel like a noob when I get back :).

Argean...... Caldari
    Rebel Mining Guild
    Eve-Online

Eve-Online

• Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316

Ok i did exactly what you said.  My highest standing is 1.19 with Bram Vynneve, she belong in the Federation Custom Corporation.   When i check the agents under the Federation Corp i see this guy here :

Gerner Arhais Level 2 Agent, I click on Info and at the bottom i see, You need an effective faction, corp or personal standing of at least 1.15. 

I have 1.19 and it is still no available, what gives ?

Ok i did exactly what you said.  My highest standing is 1.19 with Bram Vynneve, she belong in the Federation Custom Corporation.   When i check the agents under the Federation Corp i see this guy here :
    Gerner Arhais Level 2 Agent, I click on Info and at the bottom i see, You need an effective faction, corp or personal standing of at least 1.15. 
    I have 1.19 and it is still no available, what gives ?

The 1.19 you listed is with the agent you have been working for not the one you are trying to switch to. You need a standing of 1.15 or better with the corp or race of the agent. So what is you standing with Federation Custom Corp?
    It is a slow process getting your standings up. Just make sure you take every job offered. If I remember right you lose standing with the agent when you decline a job offer. When you abort or fail to complete a job on time you lose standing points. So just keep running jobs and you will get to advance to better agents. Getting some of the Social skills trained will help also.

Argean...... Caldari
    Rebel Mining Guild
    Eve-Online

Eve-Online

• tck_tokyotck_tokyo Member Posts: 125

Always check the EVE official website if you have any basic questions (I'm not complaining that you're seeking information here as well, I'm just answering your question, about what site has good information), there you can find an FAQ with lots of helpful info. If you go to their links page you can find lots of other good sites, one of the best I believe is www.eve-i.com which also has lots of useful tools and cool forums, and some other shtuff.

Hope that helps =)

BTW, Dienekes, I could use some help over in the "new eve-online review" thread.. I'm catching hell for trying to defend EVE against unsupported whining.

---

EVE-Addict
    Anjelle [Freelancer Union]

---

I love rain, the color gray, and small apartments.
    I hate CS, the term n00b and this thing --> ^^
    But that's just me.

---

---

I love rain, the color gray, and small apartments.
    I hate CS, the term n00b and this thing --> ^^
    But that's just me.

• Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316

It's so complicated.... sigh.   Ok my standing with the Gallente Federation is 1.06.  If i want to increase it, i need to do missions for the highest agent available to me  ?  Right ?

Not so much as the highest agent, but an agent that you can complete the jobs and get the increases to your standings. Then as your standing goes up you will be able to work with better agents. Do not be in a rush to get to L2 agents work with L1's and get you standings up. Unless you are doing supply jobs, but remember a L2 agent giving supply jobs will require a ship with decent cargo space.

Argean...... Caldari
    Rebel Mining Guild
    Eve-Online

Eve-Online