Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Real Screen shots?

m240gulfm240gulf Member UncommonPosts: 460

They look too good to be real screen shots of a game.  Looks like concept screens...however, if they are screen shots then this looks very promising.

I Reject your Reality and Substitute it with My Own!

Comments

• raamozraamoz Member UncommonPosts: 114

these are most likely real screenshots, it looks very nice. hopefully you won't need a psycho pc for this game, like hellgate needs

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    Originally posted by raamoz

these are most likely real screenshots, it looks very nice. hopefully you won't need a psycho pc for this game, like hellgate needs

I wouldn't worry too much. Hellgates' requirements came from piss-poor optimization and shabby/lazy coding. The graphics for Hellgate are nowhere near as resource consuming as the graphics  for say EQ2 or Vanguard, it's the underlying code that makes it so bad.

• ArtifacTArtifacT Member Posts: 222

wow i had not heard of this game until now... if it has even half of what the "key features" say it will have it will be an amazing game! =]

• TridianTridian Member UncommonPosts: 273
    Originally posted by raamoz

In one of the interviews it talks about performance issues. Says it should work with even minimal grade pc's. thats just speculation though and we'll just have to wait and see when the game is in beta/released :)

• FuggoFuggo Member Posts: 121

They look good, but not super. I think they are real. They look like Guild Wars, Tabula Rasa etc.

[Earthrise ss in my profile][Coming out Q2 2010]

• HarafnirHarafnir Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

I think they are very real. The models are quite simple, but its the lighting that is amazing. Really good work to make a mediumpoly game look high poly

"This is not a game to be tossed aside lightly.
    It should be thrown with great force"

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,079

They're real, don't forget this game has been in development already for over 2 years.

• CalladenCalladen Member Posts: 22

I hope you guys are right about the optimization.  Fortunately, when I headed off for college, I purchased a computer that has a lot of upgrade potential.  But to be honest, I'm hoping I won't have to change a thing - unless I've missed somewhere that this game will feature Direct X10 only.

With that said though, the screens do look nifty, and I like a lot of the concept art.  I really liked the landscapes of Anarchy Online, and certain pieces of equipment (although it was largely...err...silly looking).  Some of the concept art reminded me of the industrial and commerical centers of AO, amped up considerably of course.  So if this game pans out to be the real deal, a true Sci-Fi, skill-based, awesome experience - I'd definately consider an upgrade.

• Blake_rshBlake_rsh Member Posts: 29

I doubt that the dev. team will fool us with some photoshop made screens after 2 years of hard work. But the engine of the game is still in development.

• KingbriKingbri Member Posts: 4

I also don't think they'd try to fool us with false screen shots, nobody can be that crazy. Anyway, they do look great, and they'll probably look even greater in time.

Originally posted by Kingbri

I also don't think they'd try to fool us with false screen shots, nobody can be that crazy. Anyway, they do look great, and they'll probably look even greater in time.
    Dark and Light, Mourning/Thrones of Chaos, ........

I see you're new here. Stick around, you'll be surprised at the level of scams, thefts, and falsehoods you'll see some developers pull.

Atleast for Masthead Studios I can say for sure that they won't do anything like that Zorvan.

BTW the wallpapers aren't bad too.

Originally posted by Blake_rsh

Atleast for Masthead Studios I can say for sure that they won't do anything like that Zorvan.

Don't worry, I don't think they will either. I just wanted to let that other poster know that there are some that do.

• TridianTridian Member UncommonPosts: 273
    Originally posted by Zorvan

Originally posted by Kingbri

Dark and Light, Mourning/Thrones of Chaos, ........

I see you're new here. Stick around, you'll be surprised at the level of scams, thefts, and falsehoods you'll see some developers pull.

eh i was all in the Dark n light craze. stupid me. stupid game

• KingbriKingbri Member Posts: 4

I stand corrected :]

Anyway, I don't think Masthead would try to lie to their fans in such a way. As Blake said - they wouldn't risk 2+ years of hard work to have it all vanish because of a scam. Have a little faith, I'm sure the game and the graphics will be great.

• tfwarlordtfwarlord Member Posts: 216

Yey another upcomming nonespacesim scifi mmo..

So so far we got upcoming thats looks and sounds promising.

Global Agenda:

Stargate Worlds:

Anarchy Online: with the new game engine, that is (i am well aware its an old classic mmo, but with its new game engine i deffently deserves to be on my list)

And now Earthrise

So my plan is game AO to Stargate worlds, unless SW sucks i will continue with AO and then move on to Global Agenda og Earthrise, pending on which one turns out to be good.. but i live the choices none the less, especially since we have been starved for these games (scifi none sim)for years..

• Acidblood7Acidblood7 Member Posts: 36

We won't really know until they start releasing other screenshots and hopefully ingame videos.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Don't worry, I don't think they will either. I just wanted to let that other poster know that there are some that do.

I dunno, maybe I'm just jaded, but this just is too much like Darkfall.  Maybe I'll come around once they start releasing something other than screen shots.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Devildog1Devildog1 Member Posts: 494
    Originally posted by Kyleran

I dunno, maybe I'm just jaded, but this just is too much like Darkfall.  Maybe I'll come around once they start releasing something other than screen shots.

I hear ya Kyleran! We can only wait and see! I for one still hold out hope for DF!

• VandragoVandrago Member UncommonPosts: 230

After looking again.. Some are real and some are without a doubt, rendered. Far Cry did this also when it was beta.

Originally posted by convict

After looking again.. Some are real and some are without a doubt, rendered. Far Cry did this also when it was beta.

Well if you say that they aren't real atleast put out some arguments why do you think so. Don't just tell "some aren't real".

New concept art and wallpaper can be found on the offiacial site.

• WestwoodZXZWestwoodZXZ Member Posts: 9

well, i kno there's one in there that show actual combat, it looks really good, can't wait for this game.

Top 5 MMORPGs played:
    -------------
    NeoSteam Online
    Mythos
    Rappelz
    Guild Wars (All)
    Zero Online

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler
BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights