Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

um... what do you do in this game now?

dmxkrewdmxkrew Member Posts: 56

I played from 97-2000....  All i did was wack monsters, hang out in my house, try to figure out macro-skill raising and failed, got PKd a bunch, tried alchemy... never really got the hang of it or understood what you did...

What do you do in this game to make money?  I remember it took forever to level a skill back in the day youd hit something forever and it would be like ".001!"

Is this still fun?  Im debating coming back for Kingdom Reborn?  Are there a lot of people doing insane shit on the pvp area?

Comments

• barbarrasbarbarras Member Posts: 8

Originally posted by dmxkrew

Are there a lot of people doing insane shit on the pvp area?

UO is full of insane shit, but not the good kind.

• obiiobii Member UncommonPosts: 804

Roleplaying a guard for a noble trying to protect the town from brigands orcs and whatever else people throw at us.

Hardly hunt anymore though.

• Dangrel13Dangrel13 Member Posts: 8

Originally posted by dmxkrew

What do you do in this game to make money?  I remember it took forever to level a skill back in the day youd hit something forever and it would be like ".001!"

I'm also someone who played long ago. In terms of roleplaying, UO has been the best MMO I've played. One of the things I liked was how creative you could be. For example:

I had a character who was a chef. He'd spend his days baking pies, pizza, cake, etc, and it was a lot of fun just standing on the street corner and advertising his goods. Also, I'd hire myself out to cater for peoples weddings. That was a lot of fun too, and profitable. Not sure if it would still be a good business today or not.

And about taking forever to level a skill, I actually appreciated that. A couple years ago I was looking at the UO website and I saw that you could buy skills to start your character off with. That really made me angry! I spent all that time raising my skills, and now people can just buy them and start at a high level.

• uoplayer123uoplayer123 Member Posts: 225

ALOT of changes have accord in the last year , so for the good , some for the it still needs work , most of all the game is still running for a more complete update go here:

Some shards a very populated , or if you like the more solo , less player shards theres those also..

http://www.uoguide.com/Main_Page

Maybe this site will do a overhaul one day..