Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aion has made a fatal mistake - another failure it seems..

12346»

Comments

• Khan187Khan187 Member Posts: 168

Let it die? noway  this post has apoint that i was trying to make lol.

You should have the choice of accepting a fight if you are in middle of quest or outside of Abyass.

eg, I m a lvl12 LilNoob farming for items, a portal opens a lvl 25 jumps to the location of where I am. The last thing I want is that person having complete freedom to own me, I want a pop-up box stating lvl25 BigNoob wants to pvp you, do you accept or not.

See my point? All I am saying is put in some options for you to select whats fun for you. Put in an option to allow or block interaction/chat/trade from opposing fraction.

The Original Post was about not beeing able to interact with opposing fraction. Whether I do/don't have a problem doesn't metter that much, what does matter is not beeing given the choice. In my opinion I will be paying for my entertainment, I am happy to pay for entertainment, I am just suggesting what would improve my entertaiment.

My post is not aimed at anybody (only the first line maybe) but the game developers. I am reqesting them to allow "ME" to choose whether "I" would like to communicate with the person I am fighting. I am reqesting them to allow "ME" to choose whether "I" would like to trade with the opposing fraction.

That is all for now

• EphimeroEphimero Member Posts: 1,860
    Originally posted by Khan187

You should have the choice of accepting a fight if you are in middle of quest or outside of Abyass.
    eg, I m a lvl12 LilNoob farming for items, a portal opens a lvl 25 jumps to the location of where I am. The last thing I want is that person having complete freedom to own me, I want a pop-up box stating lvl25 BigNoob wants to pvp you, do you accept or not.
    See my point? All I am saying is put in some options for you to select whats fun for you. Put in an option to allow or block interaction/chat/trade from opposing fraction.
    The Original Post was about not beeing able to interact with opposing fraction. Whether I do/don't have a problem doesn't metter that much, what does matter is not beeing given the choice. In my opinion I will be paying for my entertainment, I am happy to pay for entertainment, I am just suggesting what would improve my entertaiment.
    My post is not aimed at anybody (only the first line maybe) but the game developers. I am reqesting them to allow "ME" to choose whether "I" would like to communicate with the person I am fighting. I am reqesting them to allow "ME" to choose whether "I" would like to trade with the opposing fraction.
    That is all for now

The level 25 guy would have been camping a level 12 area waiting to see if a portal opens, cause iirc, portals connect same level zones, he would have camped to get abyss points (If you get those with portals also) on lowbies, which isnt convenient at all considering he would not get many out of you, and he would loose a good quantity of points if someone ends up chasing him, so, in the end, camping lowbie zones isn't convenient unless you plan on moving to a higher level zone in the enemy territory. Not 100% sure of this info btw, some stuff i've been picking here and there from korean beta reports and from the gstar07.

• suu141suu141 Member Posts: 249

Originally posted by Khan187

That is all for now
    I know what you're trying to say. Players will be given a warning in advanced that a enemy portal opened in the area. Also, that lvl 25 enemy will be thrown into a lvl 25 tier area. Even if that lvl 25 happens to make his way into a lvl 12 newbie area, you can still run away. Even though it's open PvP, it will be difficult for griefers to harass non-pvpers.

Sorry to say: What makes you happy could be someone else's nightmare. This is to benefit the majority. No communication between enemies should go without saying. It would be too easy for spies to spill the beans on everything. A sneak attack shouldn't come to a point where it's a well-known attack.

Conspire with the enemy and I'll brand you as a traitor lol

"When you're born you're naked, when you die you're naked again, and in-between all we do is work, eat, and play MMOs." ~Forum Warrior #141

• Khan187Khan187 Member Posts: 168

Thanks you guys for the clarification. This info about Abyass point makes sense, and it puts me at ease knowing that a lvl 25 will not be able to jump to a lvl12 area through the portal.

Sill gona play it

• zerocoldzerocold Member Posts: 20

Will they make the change to current system ?.. i mean come on .. make us able to mock them .. like it cost $$$ to talk in world chat where all faction can hear it .. if u dont want the 2 faction talk to eachother in normal chat .. or make it cost $$ to talk in the area .. :P

ps: just free bump lol

• yayitsandyyayitsandy Member Posts: 363

i personally like at least the option of world pvp myself . i dont like being ganked but it does add an extra edge to the gameplay . i dont know if the op is right or wrong but i ll at least wait to read a few reviews to see if he is . after buying vanguard i wont buy a game without a free trial now or finding out by word of mouth if a games worth playing or not . i like the look of aion but thats not enough .i liked the look of vanguard and basically it was trash  . still i m keeping my fingers crossed lets hope this one has nt made a fatal mistake .

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

Give me the eastern graphics designers and the western game designers and I can craft the ultimate MMO !

Until then, we'll have to endure failure after failure in the MMO market, caused by clueless bosses who dont know what MMOs are actually about and just clone wildly concepts from more or less successful past MMOs ...

• xAlrythxxAlrythx Member Posts: 585

Originally posted by mystic100

I alerdy knew that this game isnt serius. Take a look for darkfall istead!
    People like you are the very reason I am no longer psyched for Darkfall. That and the fact it won't proberly ever release.

I relise people shouldn't affect my opinions towards games and other things, but in MMO's you have to deal with the community no matter how much you don't want to. There is nothing better than playing an MMO with a decent community who are doing everything they can to help the game progress and mature.

My point is, most 'hardcore' PvPers are very much like yourself and I don't think I want to be apart of that community, so go back to your darkfall section of the forums and talk about...well...talk about the same old information you've been grasping onto for many years. Others are moving on.

Currently Playing: Everything but MMORPGs
    Cancelled: L2, FFXI, VSoH, LotRO, WAR, WoW
    Looking Forward To: SW:TOR

• alyndalealyndale Member UncommonPosts: 936

You know, it is a bit annoying when we have to read assumption based on nothing more than hearsay.

This game is not even in open beta here, therefore we do not know specifics for sure. I doubt if nCSoft has made any fatal errors yet.

My skeptism is based on all MMO's up to this point.  Nerfing classes for balance is just not acceptable in my eyes.  I am hoping that all upcoming games will take balancing of classes into considereation before any final releases.  I have yet to see any joy from patches that nerfed any class group for a balance.

This is my concern..patches that do not work or nerf any class.

Get all classes set before release and you'll have a much happier bunch of players!

All I want is the truth
    Just gimme some truth
    John Lennon

• EphimeroEphimero Member Posts: 1,860
    Originally posted by ripptor

FInd me that quote (and if it was in regaurds to traversing an opposite faction's land), then i'll STFU end of disscusion.
    Originally posted by Ji Yong Chan

Q. What will be the main focus of the tests?

??? ????? ?? ?? ???? ????. ???? ??? ??? ??? ???? PVP? ????, ??? ??? ??? ???? ?????? ????.

We want to start with the Direct Portals, where the PvP starts. The rank system will be applied with the Abyss Points gained in this manner.

?? ???? ??? 1?????? ???? ??? ???? ?? PVP? ? ? ??? ??, ?????? ???? ??.

Direct Portals cannot be created in the ‘first zones,’ this was done to protect the new beginners.

Isnt that enough? Oh well, no worries, I have more.

I'd like to introduce you...portals, an Elyos chanter in Asmodae:

http://www.stage6.com/Aion-Forum-Zen/video/1955960/Raid-PvP-Pretresse-elyseene

What? Not enough? god damn, ok, an asmodian messing around in elysea:

http://www.stage6.com/Aion-Forum-Zen/video/1955838/PVP-asmodiens

Eod. RIP thread.

• NCSoftwareNCSoftware Member Posts: 12

Please, note that the majority of these videos out are currently older videos and are subject to change, so do not get the wrong idea stuck in your head there will be many changes in game play.