Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jumpgate Evolution - are you excited ?

LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

I am !

Actually , i am so excited about it  that i can tell you on one thing for sure: I will not play AOC or WAR but JGE!

Just think about it

Mini EVE , more casual - log in and have crazy fun straight away , twitch base combat , no dice rolls just your skill in PVP !

Think  -> FREELANCER ONLINE !!!!!

Here are some things to open up your Jumpgate Evolution appetite :

Funny movie about Jumpgate - Live actors !

NetDevil has one failed game under their cap. It gave them hard but good lesson how to make a good succesul game. Here is what one developer says about lessons they learned, something

other MMO developers should read and chant as mantra from now on !

Lessons learned :

While there is a ton we learned some of the biggest things in my mind are:

-Do not start content production until your game play is proven, tested, bug free, runs and a high frame rate, and is VERY fun.

-Adding more content is less important than making the content you have great (same goes for features)

-Beta is for marketing, not testing (maybe for testing scalability)

-Its more important to make the game look great on lots of computers than to put in every piece of high tech rendering so it lots great on a few computers. Along those lines, lower min spec means means the game runs even better on the high end (especially with LOTS of other players nearby).

-accessible, accessible, accessible in everything you do. It should be easy to sign up, subscribe, download (also smaller downloads are better), no tutorial, game needs to be super easy from the start and can grown to become difficult later (simple to learn difficult to master). A frustrated player is not a player for very long. This includes making sure features and UI are not complex for complexities sake but instead very intuitive, which is something that only comes from testing, iterating, testing, iterating, etc. For example we have done over 50 tests and iterations on just the first bit in space to make sure that anyone who sits down knows exactly how to do what they need to do.

------------

So are you excited ?

Comments

• deucalliondeucallion Member Posts: 183

Jade . . . factor . . . too high! . . Too . . . many . . . craptastic . . . MMO releases! . . Excitement level . . . impossible . . . to reach!

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301

it looks good, another one for the I wanna try list

• Hybrid-LordHybrid-Lord Member Posts: 110

Heh, As a fellow psychonaut i'm sure excited. Cant wait for this game to let me test and pound there systems XD

• JackcoltJackcolt Member UncommonPosts: 2,170

Definately. I've always loved the Space genre, and EVE just didn't feel like a space simulation game to me. I'll definately be checking it out.

Oh yea, I heard that the classic jumpgate is still around, any news about that? possibly something to try?

• QuantumQrackQuantumQrack Member UncommonPosts: 81

I won't play it after reading how CodeMasters treats their customers here:  http://mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/166334

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Originally posted by Hybrid-Lord

Oh yea, I heard that the classic jumpgate is still around, any news about that? possibly something to try?

Its still around.

Quite old game graphically. And deserted servers.

I think that JGE will bring changes in to many aspects of JGC , so trying the old one will not really bring any revelation of what to expect.

• XerpherionXerpherion Member Posts: 28

I was always a fan of Freelancer, even more so of X3, and the one thing about eve i did not like was ship contol, i prefer to control my ship using w'a's'd instead of the click to move system. Iv not researched JGE much but youv promted me to

• ZarraaZarraa Member Posts: 481

No doubt that I'll give JE a shot. I've been waiting forever for a faster paced Sci Fi MMO.

While I liked EVE it's pace was just to slow and plodding for my tastes.

Dutchess Zarraa Voltayre
    Reborn/Zero Sum/Ancient Legacy/Jagged Legion/Feared/Nuke & Pave.

• Rayx0rRayx0r Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,902

I'll give it a shot eventually.   People like the OP should keep promoting it, I didnt know much about the game until recently.

“"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a robot foot stomping on a human face -- forever."

Originally posted by Calcedon
    I won't play it after reading how CodeMasters treats their customers here: http://mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/166334

Strangely, Codemasters isnt "making" the game, simply acting like EA did with hellgate. if ya understand what i mean.

PETITION !

THIS TOPIC WAS FORCEFULLY MOVED TO A WRONG FORUM!

Haha, yea i noticed that too, kinda odd seeing as i didnt know mmorpg.com had a jumpate classic forum, did you?

• HrothmundHrothmund Member Posts: 1,061

I am awaiting this game impatiently as well. I hope the game is something I can play for years.

Petition signed, this does not belong in the classic Jumpgate forum!

Originally posted by Hrothmund

I am awaiting this game impatiently as well. I hope the game is something I can play for years.

Move the post

• JelloB2000JelloB2000 Member CommonPosts: 1,848

Originally posted by Lobotomist
    Originally posted by Hrothmund I am awaiting this game impatiently as well. I hope the game is something I can play for years.

Move the post image

Oops my fault, thread moved (to the correct forum this time).
  • brwdladrbrwdladr Member Posts: 19

I am pretty excited, but I am also concerned about how long I will stay interested. I just hope they include enough PVE elements. Seriously, I can't bring myself to log into a game every day just to pointlessly shoot at people. I want some deep PVE and heavy progression.

Originally posted by brwdladr

I am pretty excited, but I am also concerned about how long I will stay interested. I just hope they include enough PVE elements. Seriously, I can't bring myself to log into a game every day just to pointlessly shoot at people. I want some deep PVE and heavy progression.

Than you will be glad to hear that PVE elements will be very much implemented in the game.

If you jump to TenTonHammer site and read latest JGE interview you will see , they are apsolutely

determined to make the game that will perfectly blend PVE and PVP crowd. And they claim to have found perfect formula for this.

Also PVE quests will be randomly generated (finally) so you will never run out of things to do

• WickershamWickersham Member UncommonPosts: 2,379

I loved the game Privateer.

I loved the trench run scene in Star Wars.

I loved the original Battlestar Galactica when I was a kid.

And who can forget:  "Greetings Starfighter. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier from Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada" 

Can't wait!

"The liberties and resulting economic prosperity that YOU take for granted were granted by those "dead guys"

Cmmon people...give some LOVE !

• GargantulaGargantula Member Posts: 13

I am just as excited as you are! I loved Earth and Beyond, but I wanted more control over the fighting aspect of the game. With this game, I get the ability to fight in real-time.

I loved X-Wing vs Tie Fighter, Wing Commander, Privateer, etc. so any MMO of this genre excites me.

EVE Online looked great, but when I saw my friend play it, I noticed that it was not real-time combat. I did not even want to try it out after seeing that there were real-time Sci-Fi MMOs out there.

I played Vendetta Online and liked it a lot, but the game feels unfinished. I found out that the developers were forced to release the game in an unfinished state. With that in mind, I planned to wait until v2.0 of Vendetta Online, but Jumpgate Evolution might steal away my love for Vendetta Online. Once Jumpgate Evolution is released, I will then see if it is better than Vendetta Online.

My mouth dropped when I saw the video running on the official Web site. I am a 3D Artist so the graphics are the first thing that amazed me. I played the first Jumpgate, but it seemed overly complex and the graphics were bland. I decided to go over to Vendetta Online instead. I recently bought the original Jumpgate, so I am going to try it out again in preparation for the new version.

• methoddmethodd Member Posts: 32

I highly doubt that the game will be as good as you guys say. For how long time you could play game where you only log in, pvp and that's it, at the beginning yes - it will be fun, but imo, people will get bored quickly. You people are being too naive about this project, I don't think it's going to work in the way you imagine it.

I'm not saying this game is going to be a crap or something, but imo, it's too early to be so sure that this game will bring uber fun with no effort whatsoever.

• GargantulaGargantula Member Posts: 13

I know it is a little early, but from reading what the developers say, it sounds like they are on the right track. Well, I hope it will be at least as good as Vendetta Online and Earth and Beyond, but hopefully better.

• vernesvernes Member UncommonPosts: 79
    Originally posted by methodd

I highly doubt that the game will be as good as you guys say. For how long time you could play game where you only log in, pvp and that's it, at the beginning yes - it will be fun, but imo, people will get bored quickly. You people are being too naive about this project, I don't think it's going to work in the way you imagine it.

I'm not saying this game is going to be a crap or something, but imo, it's too early to be so sure that this game will bring uber fun with no effort whatsoever.

Odd, I remember doing missions and hauling cargo and building up my ship in JGC. Can't imagine that not being the case with JGE.

Why do you think JGE is going to be exclusive PvP? Sure, there are unsecure area's. I stayed away from them untill I was high level enough to outrun dangerous situations.