Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Was thinking of picking this up but...

2»

Comments

• Bama1267Bama1267 Member UncommonPosts: 1,822
    Originally posted by mo0rbid

Wow isn't cartoony! stop using that term! It's not trying to look like a cartoon it's trying to be WCIII-ish now thats a huuge difference

I still play WOW and like the graphics, however I would refer to them as cartoony as well. I know what they were going after ....look like WC3 ...well WC3 looks cartoony too.

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318

paulo, the community is the best part. People don't have a problem with helping new players at all. In fact, I've often been the victim of run-by healings, random giving of items, and I even had someone randomly give me a platinum once. In EQ2, the encounters are locked once they're made, meaning that anyone that joins in after the fight has begun isn't going to gain any exp. Yet people help with tough encounters all the time.

Its true, most people in the game are soloers, but that doesn't make the community bad. The community is much better than anything I saw in WoW. If you think the community is bad, then maybe its something your'e doing personally to tick people off.

• DigitalGamerDigitalGamer Member Posts: 13

The community in EQ2 is awesome. I have never had a problem finding a group, unless your doing something that was suppose to be done solo. No one is going to group in Sunken city in Freeport or Oakmyst Forest in Qeynos.

But if your running Nek Castle then as long as you advertise your group in the proper chat channels it will fill up quickly.

Join a good guild. Not every guild is a good guild. I play on Nektulos and i am apart of "Warlords" Its a good sized guild very friendly and helpful.

• SolaseSolase Member Posts: 24

This is one area I can say EQ2 shines in.  One major reason is the ability to mentor!  When you're high level (especially on toons that were made before EoF), you are trying to find quest you haven't done to work on AA's.  One way we find this is by mentoring the mid level gamers and doing the same quest they are working on for the AA exp.  This is definately something the devs of EQ2 did right with mentoring!

• eugameugam Member UncommonPosts: 984
    Originally posted by Nadia

Originally posted by eugam 
     Where is that ? A Ninja Gnoll and a Drolvarg. Is it RoK starterzone ? Havent seen much there...

that screenshot is from Kylong Plains  (a lvl 65+ zone)

Huh ? Playing 80 warden and 79 mystic. I usually do all quests i can get. With two mains i did all quests twice. I never saw a gnoll in Kylong Plains. Last time i saw a masked gnoll was splitpaw. Where is he in Kylong Plains ?

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

I recently quested KP with an alt - and I agree with you, I saw no masked gnoll

I assume its ROK content, because the blackbeast is a drolvarg

• GwendleGwendle Member UncommonPosts: 48

Originally posted by mo0rbid

Wow isn't cartoony! stop using that term! It's not trying to look like a cartoon it's trying to be WCIII-ish now thats a huuge difference

I like the environments in WoW. I hate the character and armor models. Most of the weapon graphics are decent, but I have to give a huge thumbs down to character/armor graphics in general.

In EQ2, there is a lack of diversity in alot of the armor and weapons, but at least what they have doesn't look like clown attire.