Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

role play?

emptynaemptyna Member Posts: 11

where role play exist in this game?  serious i never notice any.. yea.. you got stats point every level.. but how much dose that effect your character? 

yea..true you get two move to choose from(or you can learn both) but in another ways.. the two move are all the same(but the graphic)...  which means dosen't matter how you play.. although you may look a little different from each other, but the fact is that everyone still end up the same.  

please correct me if am wrong. thx

Comments

• GolemiTopkiGolemiTopki Member UncommonPosts: 6

• draguleadragulea Member Posts: 249

You Sir are looking for a MMORPG...have you noticed that (sadly) now all these games are simply called MMO? Why is that, you're asking? Because there is no role play whatsoever. I'd love to see a true MMORPG coming up in the near future, but I very much doubt it - the companies need to make profit so they're forced to cater the games to the current market's demands: hack'n'slash pvp oriented games....and that's about it.

• emptynaemptyna Member Posts: 11

Originally posted by dragulea

You Sir are looking for a MMORPG...have you noticed that (sadly) now all these games are simply called MMO? Why is that, you're asking? Because there is no role play whatsoever. I'd love to see a true MMORPG coming up in the near future, but I very much doubt it - the companies need to make profit so they're forced to cater the games to the current market's demands: hack'n'slash pvp oriented games....and that's about it.

well... wow have a little bit... UO have plenty..but poor graphic T_T 

i hear D&D online have lot role play... but they all seem to be p2p...  well RYL.. there is a little bit of role play... coz it is kinda fps control..  still...not much i rate it 3/10..this game get 1/10...

i give it a 1 for the good look XD

p.s. i ask this because this game have role play rate of 7.4.. which is kinda high in these games.....

• zguillotinezguillotine Member Posts: 13

I find the above two posts interesting. Allow me to illustrate what I mean.

An RPG is where the PLAYER role plays the character that he is playing. This means that the PLAYER decides on his/her course of action and plays the character as he/she feels the character would react in a given situation. This does NOT mean that some game developer decides how you must react, but rather, you decide. That is role playing.

As for options in 9Dragons, there are 6 clan and 4 classes for each clan as well as Vagabond. So, that means 25 different types of characters in general. It really comes down to only 5 different types (tank, healer, nuker, hybrid) with variations based on which of the 6 clans you join. BTW, the extra one above is the Vagabond.

An example would be the healer. With the exception of Sacred Flowers and Brotherhood of Thieves, the healer is a fist/glove wielder. Each of them, however, uses the specific Kung Fu of their clan. So the look of their attacks is different. I am reminded of the Drunken style of the League of Beggars. it is most definitely different from say the Shaolin. Now I mentioned the SF and BoT clans as not being fist users because the SF (Sacred Flowers) secondary clan weapon is the dagger and the BoT (Thieves) secondary weapon is the Axe. So, depending on how you look at it, there are 3-6 different healers available (3 by weapon, 6 by clan). None of this takes into account the build you use on your healer. I have seen and heard of 3 different builds as well. There are the Group Healer, the Solo Healer and the Nuker Healer.

In conclusion, there is a lot of OPPORTUNITY for role play or for non-role play and all of it is at the player's discresion. So, if you think there is no opportunity for role play, you need to rethink what you are doing, not what the game is doing.

-=zguillotine=-

-=ZG=-

• SenanSenan Member UncommonPosts: 788

Nicely said Zguillotine, I'm honestly tempted to try this game now :).

It sounds like there's more variation possible than I would have figured for this type of game.

• deceasedecease Member UncommonPosts: 51

Originally posted by zguillotine

I find the above two posts interesting. Allow me to illustrate what I mean.
    An RPG is where the PLAYER role plays the character that he is playing. This means that the PLAYER decides on his/her course of action and plays the character as he/she feels the character would react in a given situation. This does NOT mean that some game developer decides how you must react, but rather, you decide. That is role playing.
    As for options in 9Dragons, there are 6 clan and 4 classes for each clan as well as Vagabond. So, that means 25 different types of characters in general. It really comes down to only 5 different types (tank, healer, nuker, hybrid) with variations based on which of the 6 clans you join. BTW, the extra one above is the Vagabond.
    An example would be the healer. With the exception of Sacred Flowers and Brotherhood of Thieves, the healer is a fist/glove wielder. Each of them, however, uses the specific Kung Fu of their clan. So the look of their attacks is different. I am reminded of the Drunken style of the League of Beggars. it is most definitely different from say the Shaolin. Now I mentioned the SF and BoT clans as not being fist users because the SF (Sacred Flowers) secondary clan weapon is the dagger and the BoT (Thieves) secondary weapon is the Axe. So, depending on how you look at it, there are 3-6 different healers available (3 by weapon, 6 by clan). None of this takes into account the build you use on your healer. I have seen and heard of 3 different builds as well. There are the Group Healer, the Solo Healer and the Nuker Healer.
    In conclusion, there is a lot of OPPORTUNITY for role play or for non-role play and all of it is at the player's discresion. So, if you think there is no opportunity for role play, you need to rethink what you are doing, not what the game is doing.
    -=zguillotine=-

serious.. have you ever try this game?  i mean yea true there are different clan.. and for every clan there is 3 class...

thats all true.. but serious do you see any different between these clan? i mean other then kung fu look and title... serious they are exact the samething with different title and graphic...

also.. for every class there is two skill root.. true but.. those two skill root is also the same in function different in look...

for character build.. yea you can go pure if you want.. but serious.. if you doing anything other then what they plan for you.. you will never able to play this game...  pretty sad.. but truth T_T

well 9dragon is a game for kid.. who only care how things look like.. it is a bread color in white and a bread color in black.. they both taste the same.. but the color is different.. personally i don't call that role play. 

btw.. if you never try it.. please go give a try.. if you already try it... am sorry for ya...