Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For all of you politically inclined...

This is an amazingly well done flash cartoon about the upcoming US presidential election. It really favors no side at all, and yet manages to make fun of everyone. I couldn't stop laughing at all when I first saw this. The link is at http://www.jibjab.com and it's the first video on the page, directly in the center. Enjoy!'

PS: I'm gonna enjoy reading all your comebacks and flames and actual conversation to this. Just realize that this video is completely neutral before I get flamed by either side of the spectrum, please.

---------------------------

free ipods

Proof it's not a scam

Comments

• thecandidethecandide Member Posts: 101
    This has already be posted here... but yes it is very funny...... and very very depressing at the same time. This simply shows that no matter who you vote for this November.... were all screwed!!! God have mercy on all of us!!

• ColdmeatColdmeat Member UncommonPosts: 3,407

Pretty funny.

Sad that they're all dumbasses out to make money, rather than do their job of serving the country, and it's people. They do a good job of flinging poo at each other to keep people distracted, though. Everyone spends so much time bickering over the liberal/conservative bs, that they never notice their being given the high hard one by both parties, while their pockets get picked.

-------
    I was never what you wanted, I could never never please.
    I swallowed all our sorrow in the midst of my disease.
    All my fortunes, all my gains, all the battles I have won...
    Now collapsing like the rain, I stand alone, your only son...

Take some solace in these words, take notice of this place.
    Hollow whispers that they are, like the wind upon my face.
    Sing softly in my ear and look at me with wonder.
    I will try to ease your fear as the darkness pulls you under.

• agentcipheragentcipher Member Posts: 223

Originally posted by thecandide
    This has already be posted here... but yes it is very funny...... and very very depressing at the same time. This simply shows that no matter who you vote for this November.... were all screwed!!! God have mercy on all of us!!

whoops, sorry. I honestly didn't know. I don't spend too much time lounging around the off-topic forums. I prefer to stay in the... umm.. 'topic-ed' (?) forums.

free ipods

Proof it's not a scam

• RJCoxRJCox Member Posts: 2,686

Yeah it was deleted because people around here can't discuss politics in ANY form of a civilized manner, so don't be surprised if this one is gone soon too. ;)

Richard J. Cox
    "There were much of the beautiful, much of the wanton, much of the bizarre, something of the terrible, and not a little of that which might have excited disgust."

• FinweFinwe Member CommonPosts: 3,106
    I dunno. I've seen some discussions in a civilized form that circles around politics. Of course you'll have the bad apple in the bunch, but thats almost in every type of discussion.

"The greatest trick the devil played on humanity in the 20th century was convincing them that he didnt exist." (Paraphrasing) C.S. Lewis

"The greatest trick the devil played on humanity in the 20th century was convincing them that he didn't exist." (Paraphrasing) C.S. Lewis

"If a mother can kill her own child, what is left before I kill you and you kill me?" -Mother Teresa when talking about abortion after accepting the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979

• Trajan13Trajan13 Member Posts: 54

I don't see why we can't debate politics, if be all stay civil. I mean the Code of Conduct does NOT say we can't debate these things in the Off topic discussion.

It says we can't do this -

"Transmit any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable content. "

Or this -

""Spam" by posting frequent and/or annoying messages in the forums or messages not in the topic for that forum (except in such areas where it is clearly indicated that "spamming" is allowed)"

But if we DON'T do that, I think it would be fair to let us talk about these things image

OMG look over there! It's United Nations Secretary General Koffi Annan

OMG look over there! It''s United Nations Secretary General Koffi Annan!

Looking for an EqII guild? Check us out at www.imperium-arcanum.com

• RJCoxRJCox Member Posts: 2,686

But it never works out that way, some people are FAR too emotional about their political views and things almost always get ugly.

Richard J. Cox
    "There were much of the beautiful, much of the wanton, much of the bizarre, something of the terrible, and not a little of that which might have excited disgust."

• MalkavianMalkavian Member UncommonPosts: 2,995

It says we can't do this -
    "Transmit any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable content. "

I believe "or otherwise objectionable content" falls into the catagory Kunou and fellow staff recognise as being an issue regarding Political/Relgious topics. image

Therefore, keep it civil as asked (but it never does) or it goes "poof" with the rest.

- Malkavian image

"When you find youself sinking into Madness, dive" - Malkavian Proverb

- MMORPG.COM Staff -
    Forum Stalker
    [email protected]

"When you find yourself sinking into Madness, dive"

• Trajan13Trajan13 Member Posts: 54
    But i mean, whenever a conversation has a possibility of going beyond WoW sux EqII rules! or EqII sux WoW rules, it ends up in someone's trashcan.  Maybe, instead of just deleting all political/religous/social threads, you should monitor them, and deal w/bad apples.  It's worked well in the past.  Either that, or make discussing those things against the code of conduct, but pulling a Charlie Brown here is just confusing + frustrating, especially for those who want to discuss those things civilly, in an off-topic forum.

OMG look over there! It's United Nations Secretary General Koffi Annan

OMG look over there! It''s United Nations Secretary General Koffi Annan!

Looking for an EqII guild? Check us out at www.imperium-arcanum.com

• MalkavianMalkavian Member UncommonPosts: 2,995

We've taken that approach before concerning such threads. However, they all end up being removed for one reason or another leaving the staff and fellow members frustrated with having to deal with this on a constant basis. This is a Onling gaming site with forums. If you wish to discuss politics or religion, we suggest you look elsewhere.

- Malkavian image

"When you find youself sinking into Madness, dive" - Malkavian Proverb

- MMORPG.COM Staff -
    Forum Stalker
    [email protected]

"When you find yourself sinking into Madness, dive"

• FinweFinwe Member CommonPosts: 3,106

An online gaming site with forums, that seems to beg for something of more serious nature. Or the off-topic board would of never been added in the firstplace.

I mean if all threads that could turn into a heated flamewar discussion should be locked. Then I think that there should be a rule against any thread dealing with WoW or EQ2, because it has alot more likelyhood into degrading into a pile of flaming crap then pretty much any other discussion on this board.

"The greatest trick the devil played on humanity in the 20th century was convincing them that he didnt exist." (Paraphrasing) C.S. Lewis

"The greatest trick the devil played on humanity in the 20th century was convincing them that he didn't exist." (Paraphrasing) C.S. Lewis

"If a mother can kill her own child, what is left before I kill you and you kill me?" -Mother Teresa when talking about abortion after accepting the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

I still cant understand why...

Canadians have make a pool as to if they could vote, who they will pick.  I am sorry, but as a Canadian, I feel like we are doing kinda poorly ATM without giving advices to others folks!  *grin*

Honestly, most folks here that express an opinion, on what can they base this opinion?  On our local TV channels?  Then the result is obviously the most left side party, since we are more left then the US(and more right then almost all Europeens countries).

Anyway, everyone have the right to express an opinion I guess, it is just that, before expressing an opinion, I usually try to HAVE a strong opinion in a way or another, I cant say I would strongly support 1 side or another.

- "Coercing? No no, I assure you, they are willing to bring my bags and pay public transportation just to help me, it is true!''

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren