Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Codemasters cheat their customers

2»

Comments

  • Paragus1Paragus1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,741

    Codemasters has consistantly been digital AIDS in the MMO genre since it showed up on the scene.   Between them releasing games that are absolute hot steaming piles of crap, horrid customer services, and unethical business practices, I would have to recommend for anyone to stay far away from any product with their name associated with it.   Reading stories like this only disgusts me even more.   It's bad enough they advertised that game by using the whole "Become the Archlord" bullcrap when it wasn't even in the game until 6-8 months after release, but now they can't even live up to their end of the bargain by delivering on the reward for those who had the stomache to tolerate such a debacle of a game.   Maybe one of these days I'll write up a blog here and try to spread the word in hopes of seeing some accountability for a change.

  • DracisDracis Member Posts: 434

    Well, I've never played a Codemasters game and by reading this thread, now I never will. Keep up the good fight folks. Without some one out there telling us the lies that these companies tell, who knows what else they would pull.

    And people wonder why some folks are still mad at SOE...

  • 28days28days Member Posts: 213

    Originally posted by Kabaal


    I'm writing this in anger at the way our guild and the community have been treated by this company. Let me give a little background on what i'm about to write.
     
    When the game Archlord first came out there was a competition to recieve a custom made PC case for the name the servers competition. The winner of this competition never ever received his prize.
     
    The biggest competition Codemasters have ran in this game was to win a full sized real life Archlord suit of Armour. To win this armour we had to be the first in the game to be crowned Archlord. This we did, our guild were the first to become Archlord in the Western version of the game with Icecube being the toon that turned into the Archlord. 6 months down the line we are still waiting for our prize and recently Codemasters stopped replying to emails.
     
    Today we find out that they are holding PR event in England called Connect 08. Surprise surprise they used OUR suit of Armour as part of it, here are the photos and the link to the Connect 08 page.
     
    http://www.codemasters.com/image.php?id=3460
    http://www.codemasters.com/image.php?id=3459
    http://www.codemasters.co.uk/connect/index.php
     
    It's probably pointless me posting this here, but i just wanted to let others know how this company treats it's players. We are the biggest and the best guild in that game by far, we've never lost our castle and held the archlord title more times than any other guild. Perhaps not a great thing but we are always the center of any drama in the game, drama is all that keeps it going. We worked hard for our position there and our achievements so it royally pi$$es us off to have this thrown in our faces by Codemasters.

    The only MMORPG I've played from them was Archlord... For a free MMO I guess it's ok.

  • OrcaOrca Member UncommonPosts: 629


    Originally posted by Dracis
    Well, I've never played a Codemasters game and by reading this thread, now I never will. Keep up the good fight folks. Without some one out there telling us the lies that these companies tell, who knows what else they would pull.
    And people wonder why some folks are still mad at SOE...

    In what relation does this have with SOE?

    Futilez - Mature MMORPG Community

    Correcting people since birth.

  • likenewlikenew Member UncommonPosts: 30

    you could attempt to take legal action, but you will lose and waste your money.

    if you just read the rules of the contest, you'll see why.  this paragraph is in most contests, worldwide.

     

    Entries and prizes are non-transferrable. By participating the participant agrees that any dispute with regard to the conduct of the Competition, rule interpretation or award of prize shall be submitted to the Arranger whose decision shall be final and binding. The Arranger reserves the right to cancel, change, modify or extend any and all aspects of this competition without prior notification to participant.

     

    because of this, anyone who runs a contest has the right to give the winner nothing.  happens all the time, not just for games codemasters runs.

  • QuantumQrackQuantumQrack Member UncommonPosts: 81

    I've got your back dude.  I just contacted Codemasters....will see what happens.

  • aenexaenex Member Posts: 4

    Bumb back to the Top!   

     

     

  • SamuraiswordSamuraisword Member Posts: 2,111

    Originally posted by likenew


    you could attempt to take legal action, but you will lose and waste your money.
    if you just read the rules of the contest, you'll see why.  this paragraph is in most contests, worldwide.
    Entries and prizes are non-transferrable. By participating the participant agrees that any dispute with regard to the conduct of the Competition, rule interpretation or award of prize shall be submitted to the Arranger whose decision shall be final and binding. The Arranger reserves the right to cancel, change, modify or extend any and all aspects of this competition without prior notification to participant.
    because of this, anyone who runs a contest has the right to give the winner nothing.  happens all the time, not just for games codemasters runs.
    Clearly you know nothing about the law, at least in the US.

    A contract is considered null and void if it contains illegal conditions, language. You can't fraudulently promote a contest in order to increase sales and then cancel the promotion without offering refunds.

    When you promote a contest and/or give away of some kind, it usually needs to be registered in each state being offered. Each state has specific departments that deal with regulating the legitimacy of such promotions including the state's attorney's office.

    It doesn't matter if Codemasters is a foreign company either. You can seek judgement against them in a US court. Small claims is your best bet but you should contact the state's attorney's office in your specific state for information on how to proceed. You can also file a complaint with the FBI internet fraud divison since it involves an online business and possibly the US postal service for mail fraud if anything was shipped to you regarding your purchase of their product.

    image

  • RogendRogend Member Posts: 22

    I would recommend e-mailing this to http://consumerist.com/ . They recently just got someone else their prize who was getting stiffed.

  • NarugNarug Member UncommonPosts: 632

    My complimentary bump for justice!

    I hope you obtain justice for the injustice Codemasters has shown.

     

    Originally posted by Orca


     
     
    In what relation does this have with SOE?
    In relation they both lie and decieve their customers apparently.  Didn't you get the memo?   You must surely know what SOE has done.  If not sample the Galaxies fiasco.

    AC2 Player

    Hawkeblade of Frostfell Circle of Iron (Before 1st Shutdown)

    Wilkul of Dawnsong Shadow of Death (Dawnsong only world shutdown Jan 31st :( )

    Refugee of Auberean

    Refugee of Dereth

  • ianubisiianubisi Member Posts: 4,201


    Originally posted by airstrike
    image I dont know what is sadder,codemasters not presseting the prize they put up for grabs or the OP who made multiple alts to agree with himself.

    QFT

  • Kinjo_HavicKinjo_Havic Member UncommonPosts: 234

    Originally posted by Kabaal


    I'm writing this in anger at the way our guild and the community have been treated by this company. Let me give a little background on what i'm about to write.
     
    When the game Archlord first came out there was a competition to recieve a custom made PC case for the name the servers competition. The winner of this competition never ever received his prize.
     
    The biggest competition Codemasters have ran in this game was to win a full sized real life Archlord suit of Armour. To win this armour we had to be the first in the game to be crowned Archlord. This we did, our guild were the first to become Archlord in the Western version of the game with Icecube being the toon that turned into the Archlord. 6 months down the line we are still waiting for our prize and recently Codemasters stopped replying to emails.
     
    Today we find out that they are holding PR event in England called Connect 08. Surprise surprise they used OUR suit of Armour as part of it, here are the photos and the link to the Connect 08 page.
     
    http://www.codemasters.com/image.php?id=3460
    http://www.codemasters.com/image.php?id=3459
    http://www.codemasters.co.uk/connect/index.php
     
    It's probably pointless me posting this here, but i just wanted to let others know how this company treats it's players. We are the biggest and the best guild in that game by far, we've never lost our castle and held the archlord title more times than any other guild. Perhaps not a great thing but we are always the center of any drama in the game, drama is all that keeps it going. We worked hard for our position there and our achievements so it royally pi$$es us off to have this thrown in our faces by Codemasters.

    Gratz on being the Archlord, sorry to hear you didn't get the prize you were promised but I would almost guarntee that CM has an out in there TOA or in the terms of the contest , but good luck with the legal action if you go that route you were promised something and a good company should deliver!

     

    DOAC is still the MMO I judge other games by, My first and still my favorite.

    image

  • QuantumQrackQuantumQrack Member UncommonPosts: 81
    Originally posted by Calcedon


    I've got your back dude.  I just contacted Codemasters....will see what happens.



    So far no response.  I sent emails to their business division, and no reply.  I left my phone number as well.  I will definitely not be playing Jumpgate Evolution.  Businesses that engage in poor business practices with their customers need to know that even gamers won't tolerate poor treatment.  I vote with my money.

  • jinxitjinxit Member UncommonPosts: 854

    Im sure theres a clause in the competitions rules and small print that states they can change the competition as they please, doesnt make what happened any more fair though

  • VicodinTacoVicodinTaco Member UncommonPosts: 804
    Originally posted by airstrike


     I dont know what is sadder,codemasters not presseting the prize they put up for grabs or the OP who made multiple alts to agree with himself.



    haha, i'm starting to see it too...  good eye.

  • ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    Originally posted by jinxit


    Im sure theres a clause in the competitions rules and small print that states they can change the competition as they please, doesnt make what happened any more fair though



    Doesn't matter if it's illegal or legal.

    A good company don't take the piss of its customers, that's it.



    If this is normal practice for Codemasters to behave in this appalling way, gamers should stay away from it.

    That's as simple as that.



    Oh by the way wanna buy my lottery ticket?

    There is a Ferrari Enzo as first price (but i can change it into a box of matches if i feel like)

    Wanna buy it?

    Well you got the message, whether what they did were legal or not, stay away from those kind of companies.

  • PloxBotPloxBot Member Posts: 3

    Originally posted by ste2000

    Originally posted by jinxit


    Im sure theres a clause in the competitions rules and small print that states they can change the competition as they please, doesnt make what happened any more fair though



    Doesn't matter if it's illegal or legal.

    A good company don't take the piss of its customers, that's it.



    If this is normal practice for Codemasters to behave in this appalling way, gamers should stay away from it.

    That's as simple as that.



    Oh by the way wanna buy my lottery ticket?

    There is a Ferrari Enzo as first price (but i can change it into a box of matches if i feel like)

    Wanna buy it?

    Well you got the message, whether what they did were legal or not, stay away from those kind of companies.

    Unfortuantly this is normal practice for Codmasters, along with the 'accidental' deleation of in-game credits before an up coming double xp-weekend (never to be seen again), making half of the ingame items unusuable due to a new patch, not to mention the promise for new patches to improve game play only to turn up 6 months later with a half-assed patch.

  • OrcaOrca Member UncommonPosts: 629


    Originally posted by Narug
    My complimentary bump for justice!
    I hope you obtain justice for the injustice Codemasters has shown.

    Originally posted by Orca

    In what relation does this have with SOE?
    In relation they both lie and decieve their customers apparently. Didn't you get the memo? You must surely know what SOE has done. If not sample the Galaxies fiasco.

    SOE haven't taken any money or any "cash" prizes from you, have they?

    Futilez - Mature MMORPG Community

    Correcting people since birth.

  • hirosuehirosue Member Posts: 10

    Kabaal sorry to hear of the problems you are having.

     

    In the Uk we have an online court service called moneyclaim which is run by the Uk gov small clams courts.which may be of some interest to you.

    https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/csmco2/index.jsp

     

  • pussaykatpussaykat Member Posts: 791

    "and will be back in Canada in a few months time."

     

    You know some part if not all of Canada has laws regarding contests like this that usually prevent canadians from entering it.

    image

    -Would you like cheddar or swiss cheese?
    -Yes.
    -...

  • MortisRexMortisRex Member UncommonPosts: 350
    Originally posted by Narug


    My complimentary bump for justice!
    I hope you obtain justice for the injustice Codemasters has shown.
     
     
    Originally posted by Orca


     
     
    In what relation does this have with SOE?
    In relation they both lie and decieve their customers apparently.  Didn't you get the memo?   You must surely know what SOE has done.  If not sample the Galaxies fiasco.

     



    What prizes has SoE failed to deliver? Please, just name one. Noone is denying that NGE was a bad ideal, but why do you have to carry your vendetta to other gaming forums? Do you understand how you and the other SOE haters look to normal people? You look a bit psychological disturbed and pathetic. 2 and a half years of this constant garbage is tiresome. Get over it, find a new game. I'm sick and tired of SOE being the proverbial bogeyman. You diminish their obvious failings by making ridiculous accusations and accuse them of being Satan of the mmorpg world. When SoE makes contests then refuses to award a prize, then you have a right to draw the correlation, until then... Keep your attacks confined to things they've actually done. Surely if their so evil, you have plenty of real life analogies without lying and creating false ones of your own.

  • NarugNarug Member UncommonPosts: 632
    Originally posted by MortisRex

    Originally posted by Narug


    My complimentary bump for justice!
    I hope you obtain justice for the injustice Codemasters has shown.
     
     
    Originally posted by Orca


     
     
    In what relation does this have with SOE?
    In relation they both lie and decieve their customers apparently.  Didn't you get the memo?   You must surely know what SOE has done.  If not sample the Galaxies fiasco.

     



    What prizes has SoE failed to deliver? Please, just name one. Noone is denying that NGE was a bad ideal, but why do you have to carry your vendetta to other gaming forums? Do you understand how you and the other SOE haters look to normal people? You look a bit psychological disturbed and pathetic. 2 and a half years of this constant garbage is tiresome. Get over it, find a new game. I'm sick and tired of SOE being the proverbial bogeyman. You diminish their obvious failings by making ridiculous accusations and accuse them of being Satan of the mmorpg world. When SoE makes contests then refuses to award a prize, then you have a right to draw the correlation, until then... Keep your attacks confined to things they've actually done. Surely if their so evil, you have plenty of real life analogies without lying and creating false ones of your own.

    You and Orca can't read or something?  I never said anything about SOE and a prize contest.  I said they both lie and decieve.

    Wrong on me playing Galaxies but I did have a family member involved on that one and got to watch from the same room as them what happened on the NGE.

    While I technicallly didn't play Galaxies, and yes you can get me there, but I did play EQ2 and they did shaft my Pally later turned SK there.  Not on the same level but shafted never the less.

    They got me on Vanguard too lol.  Mostly Sigil's fault aye but SOE had their hands in that one all the time too.  Enough of hijacking though.

    Edit: I still played POTBS published by them and odds are I will probably play another game of theirs so I'm not completely gone/corrupted/whatever yet.  I do mistrust them though.

    AC2 Player

    Hawkeblade of Frostfell Circle of Iron (Before 1st Shutdown)

    Wilkul of Dawnsong Shadow of Death (Dawnsong only world shutdown Jan 31st :( )

    Refugee of Auberean

    Refugee of Dereth

Sign In or Register to comment.