Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I got in! (Or how this day rules)

Well, after waiting patiently since beta sign-up in May, I finally got in!

I was welcomed this morning with an e-mail stating I had been accepted, and I just about fainted. On top of that, I got a phone call for a job interview at a company I am highly interested in, and my shipment of tarantula spiderlings is arriving soon (I keep tarantulas, by the way... I swear I am not weird).

So... beta, a new job (potentially), and some new "pets"... how can this day get better? If I discover I inherited a large sum of money? If a supermodel makes me her boytoy? That would be about it!

Anyway, for those waiting to get in, do not give up hope! I am sure that one day, when you least expect it (I certainly did not), you will see that wonderful e-mail in your inbox, too.

I hope to see you guys in beta soon! In the meantime, I promise to do my best to make the game better for release.

P.S. Unfortunately, I am probably going to stop posting, due to not wanting to inadvertently break the NDA, and I do love posting here.

P.P.S. Do not even think about asking me for information!

Comments

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188

Good job Sornin I am pleased for you, people like yourself and Impyriel should be in Beta.

• NoradXIIXNoradXIIX Member UncommonPosts: 174
    Originally posted by Sornin

Well, after waiting patiently since beta sign-up in May, I finally got in!
    I was welcomed this morning with an e-mail stating I had been accepted, and I just about fainted. On top of that, I got a phone call for a job interview at a company I am highly interested in, and my shipment of tarantula spiderlings is arriving soon (I keep tarantulas, by the way... I swear I am not weird).
    So... beta, a new job (potentially), and some new "pets"... how can this day get better? If I discover I inherited a large sum of money? If a supermodel makes me her boytoy? That would be about it!
    Anyway, for those waiting to get in, do not give up hope! I am sure that one day, when you least expect it (I certainly did not), you will see that wonderful e-mail in your inbox, too.
    I hope to see you guys in beta soon! In the meantime, I promise to do my best to make the game better for release.
    P.S. Unfortunately, I am probably going to stop posting, due to not wanting to inadvertently break the NDA, and I do love posting here.
    P.P.S. Do not even think about asking me for information!

Nice for you, Congratz.... Are you going to play WAR at your new job with your spider? What does that have to do with it? Well i guess you'r just happy ^^ Congratz again.

Can you tell me the recommended/minimum system requirments for WAR...??

MMO-Hunter/Spethz
    [email protected]

• elvenangelelvenangel Member Posts: 2,205

Awsome congrats Sornin! 

Please Refer to Doom Cat with all conspiracies & evil corporation complaints. He'll give you the simple explination of..WE"RE ALL DOOMED!

• WeaponXWeaponX Member Posts: 241

Grats on getting in.

I got a E-mail 2 days ago from them wanting me to update my DXdiag file and it said "We look forward to having you join us in the upcoming Empire vs. Chaos Focus Test Phase."

But I dont know when that is. so maybe I will get lucky soon. =)

Assassin's like to do it in the dark and from behind.

• Player_420Player_420 Member Posts: 686

I am very excited also, Im sure I will see you in game!

I applied the first day also..

I play all ghame

• ElshiraElshira Member UncommonPosts: 44

Congrats on getting the invite.

But clearly with a new job coming your time will be better spent getting ready for the long hours of a new job.    So to help you out I'll take that invite off your hands.  =P

Test the hell outta that game. 

And now im off to check my email and prob cry.

• SatariousSatarious Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

Grats!  See you there, buddy!  Are you playing chaos or empire?  I'm going empire myself.

• EFFFatboyEFFFatboy Member Posts: 6

Grats on getting into the beta!

• VindicothVindicoth Member Posts: 273

Ah I'm sorry that was an error. Your invite was supposed to go to me instead. You can just forward me the email and we'll call it even and I won't report nothing to the authorities. 

• SpiritofGameSpiritofGame Member UncommonPosts: 1,332

Originally posted by AmazingAvery

Good job Sornin I am pleased for you, people like yourself and Impyriel should be in Beta.
    And SpiritofGame.

~ Ancient Membership ~

• SorninSornin Member Posts: 1,133

Thank you very much, I hope he gets in, too.

Can you tell me the recommended/minimum system requirments for WAR...??

I literally am not allowed to say anything except that there is a beta underway and that I am in it, sorry. This is actually more lenient than some beta tests where you are not even allowed to say you are in it. I have no idea when the NDA will be lifted, but if, as, and when it is lifted, I will share as much information as possible. Of course, when it is lifted, I suspect an "open" beta will soon follow, if history has been a guide, so I bet most people will find all this out for themselves.

But clearly with a new job coming your time will be better spent getting ready for the long hours of a new job.    So to help you out I'll take that invite off your hands.  =P

Psh, I will make sure my employer knows one thing: WAR, then friends and family, then tarantulas, and then work.

Ah I'm sorry that was an error. Your invite was supposed to go to me instead. You can just forward me the email and we'll call it even and I won't report nothing to the authorities.

Heh, thank you for being such a kind person!

• FaymarFaymar Member Posts: 2

Grats OP I officaly hate you now :P

• SpiritofGameSpiritofGame Member UncommonPosts: 1,332

*waves hand*

"You will give me your beta invite...."

*Jedi mind trick*

"You will give me your beta invite...."

~~~

Crap.  I should've studied Jedi stuff harder.

~ Ancient Membership ~

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188
    Originally posted by SpiritofGame

Originally posted by AmazingAvery

And SpiritofGame.

And SpiritofGame!  your all good guys and have great idea's.

• GurkzGurkz Member Posts: 126

Grats man!  See you on the other side

Sig by WhiskeyJack1

• terrorantulaterrorantula Member Posts: 174

And by tomoz when you're playing it'll be "meh another boring mmorpg"

• KnightHawk63KnightHawk63 Member Posts: 75
    Originally posted by terrorantula

And by tomoz when you're playing it'll be "meh another boring mmorpg"

Shut up noob.

Playing: Nada.
    Played: WAR, LOTRO, EVE, WoW, EQ2, SWG, STO
    Waiting: TOR

• altairzqaltairzq Member Posts: 3,811

• Maximous621Maximous621 Member Posts: 56

I do believe a congratulations is in order!!!!! Hope you have a good time in beta. This also makes me more confident that i'll be excepted into beta because I signed up end of may - beginning of june, although it could be completely random.... Grats to you anyways! Wish me and all the other beta hopefuls luck.

• SorninSornin Member Posts: 1,133

Originally posted by Maximous621

I do believe a congratulations is in order!!!!! Hope you have a good time in beta. This also makes me more confident that i'll be excepted into beta because I signed up end of may - beginning of june, although it could be completely random.... Grats to you anyways! Wish me and all the other beta hopefuls luck.

Yeah, I should mention that I signed up the first day possible for individual sign-ups (May 31, 2007), and my only association was "Veteran WAR Newsletter Subscriber".

So, I did not have any fancy promotional codes from events, which means that others like me definitely have a chance! A lot of people were lamenting that they had no hope because others were lucky enough to have events in their area they could attend for a shot at promotional code, but it seems now that more and more people without those opportunities are getting in.

Anyway, good luck to everyone else.

• CenthanCenthan Member Posts: 483

/agree

Glad you got in too Sornin.

It seems like a few people from here have been getting in with this latest round of beta invites.

I hope mine is coming soon too

I applied and have been waiting since June

• wjrasmussenwjrasmussen Member Posts: 1,493

Originally posted by Sornin

Originally posted by Maximous621

Yeah, I should mention that I signed up the first day possible for individual sign-ups (May 31, 2007), and my only association was "Veteran WAR Newsletter Subscriber".

So, I did not have any fancy promotional codes from events, which means that others like me definitely have a chance! A lot of people were lamenting that they had no hope because others were lucky enough to have events in their area they could attend for a shot at promotional code, but it seems now that more and more people without those opportunities are getting in.

Anyway, good luck to everyone else.

Grats, althought that isn't the first possible day.  My date is before your date!!! :P

People want to know a secret to getting into beta tests, this is it:  Apply as soon as possible.

• SebaliSebali Member UncommonPosts: 395

they should have let the people in beta have access to the client before they invited a few thousand others. been trying to 2 days to DL the damn client.

damn you new people!!, lol

• starman999starman999 Member Posts: 1,232

Congratulations my friend.

Make us proud.

Critical thinking is a desire to seek, patience to doubt, fondness to meditate, slowness to assert, readiness to consider, carefulness to dispose and set in order; and hatred for every kind of imposture.