Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I am PISSED

Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

Well I got my new computer and I'm trying to find a good mmorpg (free or on trial) to test out on it. I tried Outpost and I keep getting errors before I even play it so I uninstalled it. DAoC need a credit card just to try the seven day tril version, so I uninstalled it.

On my dads computer, I tried SWG, EVE Online and Ashron's Call 2, which seems like the only place I can turn to, but don't I need a different email (or somthing) then I onced used in order to play the trial versions (if still avalible) on my computer?

I'm just so frikkin mad . . . .is their any other GOOD mmorpg trial versions (or easy open beta) I missed . . . .

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
|
RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

Comments

• ferilmasterferilmaster Member Posts: 177

To answer your question, the only other mmorpg trial I can think of is everquest, I can't think of and other mmorpg trial or open beta then everquest or the ones you mentioned.

If you want a good free game, I've found a good fps game, http://www.wulfram.com you play as a tank or a scout,  a scout is fast and heals, with low hp and with a weaker weaponry, a tank has a lot of hp, with strong weaponry. This game is pure pvp so you may not like it, but I got to the highest level there is on this and it's still fun.

EDIT: accidently spelled everquest evequest ;D

------------------
    Alliance Chars:
    ~Drakthol, Destromath PVP server
    Level 52 Dwarf Hunter

Horde Chars:
    ~Foorinore, Archimonde PVP server
    Level 11 troll priest

Drakthol

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

Originally posted by DerfelCadarn

Thats when you look in the free games list-
    http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion.cfm/load/forums/loadforum/51/loadthread/15858/setstart/1/loadclass/35

EQ2 Qeynos Guild- http://eq2imperium.proboards15.com/index.cgi

i'm not looking for free MMORPGS like the one's in that link. I'm looking for something that can give this computer a challenge like the games listed in Released Geames and Games in Development

|

• binksbinks Member Posts: 25
    well its not your typical RPG but darkspace (space RPG) has the equivelent of an open beta, you can play it from free but to gain levels you have to subscribe...the game is GREAT and a lot of fun...check it out at http://www.darkspace.net

----------------------------------------
    MMORPG's I've played
    Star Wars Galaxies:
    Dackbar Ockar-Novice Weaponsmith
    Played first 3 months
    Planetside-Jarjarthejedi
    Played 3 months starting january, 2 months starting may
    Darkspace-Played 3 months starting February, starting up again august first

----------------------------------------
    MMORPG's I've played
    Star Wars Galaxies:
    Dackbar Ockar-Novice Weaponsmith
    Played first 3 months
    Planetside-Jarjarthejedi
    Played 3 months starting january, 2 months starting may
    Darkspace-Played 3 months starting February, starting up again august first

• Originally posted by Rikimaru_X

Well I got my new computer and I'm trying to find a good mmorpg (free or on trial) to test out on it. I tried Outpost and I keep getting errors before I even play it so I uninstalled it. DAoC need a credit card just to try the seven day tril version, so I uninstalled it.
    On my dads computer, I tried SWG, EVE Online and Ashron's Call 2, which seems like the only place I can turn to, but don't I need a different email (or somthing) then I onced used in order to play the trial versions (if still avalible) on my computer?
    I'm just so frikkin mad . . . .is their any other GOOD mmorpg trial versions (or easy open beta) I missed . . . .
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

What are the specs for each computer you tried?

SWG, AC2, and EVE are ultra modern MMORPGs. Minimum specs needed are 1.1 GIG memory or more, GeForce 4 (or equivilant), 750 mhz processor or better (800 mhz, 1 GHZ even better.) Memory is most important because the modern MMORPGs have enough memory to take up 2 to 4 CDs.

Older MMORPGs like EQ, AC (don't know if they still have a free trial), can work ok on 500 mhz processer, GeForce 2 or 3, and 512 MB memory. AO might even work on such a set up.

=========================
    ======= SIGNATURE =========
    =========================
    MMORPG games I've played:
    -------------------------
    http://community.webshots.com/user/xplororor

Star Wars Galaxies:
    -------------------
    http://community.webshots.com/user/capt_xplororor

More games:
    -----------
    http://community.webshots.com/user/xplororor_archives01

EVE Online !!!
    ----------------
    http://community.webshots.com/user/sica_xol_archives01

• ResetgunResetgun Member Posts: 471

Originally posted by xplororor

Older MMORPGs like EQ, AC (don't know if they still have a free trial), can work ok on 500 mhz processer, GeForce 2 or 3, and 512 MB memory. AO might even work on such a set up.

AO might work, but it also needs credit card for trial image

(damn - you have loooong signature xplororor.)

"I know I said this was my last post, but you my friend are a idiotic moron." -Shadow4482

• GnarledGnarled Member Posts: 566
    A stand-alone game like Far-cry or even Halo will push your system harder than any mmorpg out right now. Except maybe AC2.

"I can tell you with no ego, this is my finest sword. If, on your journey, you should encounter God. . .
    . . . God will be cut."
    - Quentin Tarantino, Kill Bill

EQII
    Requiiem, Templar
    Neriak

• LeestromLeestrom Member Posts: 2
    agreed, if ur looking for a game to push ur system you will be better of with a single player game like UT,CoD or farcry

• OrccOrcc Member Posts: 3,043

UT and CoD arent the best for testing a system, theyre good but they arent the most demanding, where Halo and Farcry are much more demanding grahpically and physically. If you buy Doom 3, that will be he ultimate hardware test.

What are the specs for your comp? Im just building one myself which will be easily powerful enough to handle anythign coming out in the next while :)

• LeestromLeestrom Member Posts: 2
    i wasent awear that halo was system heavy........ the min specs look quite modist

• psibotpsibot Member Posts: 254

Well actually most MMORPGs older than 6 months have an Trial but here some popular ones as exsample:

Free Trials:

AO
    Asherons Call 2
    DAoC
    EQ Live
    EVE
    Horizons
    Necron
    Planetside
    Shadowbane
    SWG
    Ragnarok

Open betas I am aware of sorry ull have to get urls your self

FREE Open Betas

A-Tractor
    Andromeda Online
    DarkFire Online
    Eternal Lands
    Kingdoms of War
    Outpost Open
    Planeshift Open
    Risk Your Life
    World of Pirates

Maybe this reduces the number of new threads on this theme.

hope that helped your PSIBOT

---
    Light laughter and sweet water to you fellow adventures.

---

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

Now I do own halo PC but I haven't installed it on this computer yet

|

• psibotpsibot Member Posts: 254

Btw I like to add its exceptional for newer MMORPGs not to ask for payment details e.g. Credit Card for any Free period (starting month, trial periods).

This is done to limit account time per person. Youd be surprised what people can come up with.

---

---