Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lets all bow our heads in memory of this wonderful game

butters88butters88 Member Posts: 379

I started playing this back in May 2005. I must admit, it was the most fun i had ever had. It was also my first MMO so that made it even more fun. I remember those awsome parties back in Kalluga killing those wolves...those were the best. And the old inferno, man was i in love with that. Yup, this sure was a great game. Then as time went on, and K2 got dumber and dumber, KO got worse and worse, to the point where it was just plain crap. My friends and i still talk about how wonderful this game was back then, and how much we wish we could bring it back. Because this game was better then any other MMO, it was a God compared to WoW. But time goes on and things change. So with my last few words i would like to take this time to say this: "%#$@ YOU K2 NETWORK! $%#@ YOU@!

Amen

P.S. pls dont delete this post, im really proud of it lol

Comments

• ExeKnight1ExeKnight1 Member Posts: 17

I agree with u in every single thing u said, Knight Online was also my 1st MMO. I've been a KO player for 3 years, but when K2 came some things changed: more turks, more lags, more hackers. Then the X-Trap problem and more turks. This game has the best graphics I've ever saw, btw i almost became a Master Mage before the X-Trap didn't let me launch the game. This game is now in my memories, like the grave of my dog that died the last month.I got WoW now, but the 1st KO will changed my world.

I can only said: ''I hate Turks''' they destroyed a great game.

The Ultimate test of strength, agility and courage: World of Warcraft!

• Black_hydroBlack_hydro Member Posts: 3

great idea

• mf_ravenmf_raven Member Posts: 48

C'mon guys, u cant just say: its all turks fault . Its insane.

Turks have nothing to do with crappy game management, turks have nothing with k2 money greed. Its not turks who ruined the game, its k2. K2 screwed one of the best (imho) pvp games on market atm. I played kol for a year, get hacked, get so many "greetings" form turkish kids, like siktir lan, a.q. .... etc, had so many funny moments with turks, in war/invasions or in cz .

Dont fotget guys, Chris and Josh (K2 CEO's) ruined the game, not turks, and now they are on their way to ruin another nice mmorpg.

• BashfulBashful Member Posts: 1

It was my first MMO, too. I feel lucky that I at least got to play on one of the earlier versions before all hell broke lose. Remember the orc yell at the login screen and the way your character was seated in a throne, then rose up before you -- it was so cool. I had a mage and got him up to 63. Then I got tired of the game and deleted him. Then I went back and leveled an archer to 67, legit. But with all the cheating by others is just got too frustrating. K2 never did anything quickly. Simple things too months to fix. Ever bit of the game was exploited by some people... I'll always wonder what would have happened if a good company had gotten that license instead.

• seabluesseablues Member Posts: 58

same, I played KO unilt dec 2005, just after KE came out and they started the intra server battles.  This game is had huge potential but the devs would rather try and suck the money out of your wallet any way they could.

Invading the other poeples homeland after a lunar war victory was sweet, running into towns and killing everyone.

• jessuparjessupar Member Posts: 29

Umm actually... Siktir Lan A.Q. makes very little sence to me, though i have a limited knowledge of turkish...

I know for a fact that Siktir = F**K (dunno what the site thinks about swearing yet) and A.Q was a form of saying hello i think... Dunno... i alawys got slm (hi)

The turks ruined the game like this. They didnt care about playing it with friends, they cared about MASS lvling. (who remembers going to smilodons and seeing 8 man koxp parties?) or just exploiting. I knew about 60 english speaking players, mostly human because i was human... only 1 of them cheated, but all they did was the party glitch where you can get 2x or 3x exp.

The first few months i played i couldnt get over how amazing this game was... back when there were only i think 3 servers. the first "new" one i saw released was Olympus or Olympia or whatever... and that was like 3 months after i started so i dunno how close to release i started playing.

When i quit, i had a lvl 74 warrior... and had met about 100 english speaking players, though only 5 stayed (clans ftw?)

The turks started overflowing the servers by making multiple accounts and making one merch account, one koxp account, and one account to play "legit" on.

By the time i quit, it was taking around 45 minutes to get into a server. forget trying to get into a #1 server or the abyss... The game was totally fucked by the ROTFD expansion i thought... and the warrior "CunT" that got lvl 80 from 71 in 2 weeks? guess where he was from. yep. turkey.

So as my tribute to a fallen giant, K2, Knght Online, all I have to say for you is this: Gobble Gobble. 

• GaligerGaliger Member Posts: 6

I played this late '04/early '05 in the top guild of Beramus server (Guild was "Genocide" I THINK) if my memory is correct. KO was a great game back then, as it was prior to the huge influx of hackers.

The pvp of this game was superb, the colony zone... the wars.. raiding of enemy territory... brings back alot of good memories.

I also remember the "Comboing" if you could call it that, loved doing it as I was exceptionally good at it.

I was one of the Top 3 Rogues/Assassins of the server, we were all in the same guild with pretty much equal gear and our duels were pretty much always 50/50.

/Bow to this once great game!

• MungerMunger Member Posts: 1

i still love the game and play to this day, it has ben ruined by certain things like koxp, lags and rollbacks etc.  My fave time in this game was back in 2005 also but then I was a n00b and didnt have to have the best items, I was running around with my 2 handed sword+8 thinking i was the bees knees.  Still playing game now and waiting for the new expansion.

www.holidays2crete.com

• KrAzYBLADEKrAzYBLADE Member UncommonPosts: 70

I agree with the thread starter, It was the first mmo that i was hardcore addicted to...lol..I made so many friends and not only I but my wife as well would spend hours and hours playing KO. The best fun we had in a game. I played for 3-4 years, i stopped for about a  year and a half because everyone i knew was leaving and it became boring and hard to lvl due to koxperz. I recently d/led it again and have been playing for about a week, i started a new char due to my boring exp with my warrior. I'm now a rogue and it seems like everyone and they're brother is a rogue nowadays...lol. I still see some hackz going on but not nearly as many as it was a year or two ago. I don't think i will ever pay to play again....but i highly doubt i will be playing long anyways due to the fact that im just playing now out of curiousity and boredom.  I see many ppl dissing turks for stupid reasons, mainly reasons that arent there fault like they don't understand english and because there isp's suck. I used to play and understand what the party was saying too, now I get lucky if someone can speak english when i'm playing ( you see i play late at night 1am - 4am est ). Thats usually when the U.S sleeps and everyone else is awake. I have no problem with turks ( never did, )  ( just like americans you meet , some nice and some that are real jerks). 

• MrRawrMrRawr Member Posts: 8

AQ is an insult and does not mean hi :D

Turks + K2 kinda kill the game. Not all the turks, just the ones who don't do anything to help other players. If they encounter an english person they dont try to make it easier they just spam with:

WAKKAKAKKAK AGE GEL TOWN VERMISIN AQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

Many english people try to make it easier for them, like in trades we say :

Raptor +7 = 500m?

or

Raptor+7 + 100m = Glass Belt?

And K2.. with all their bugs and bad updates. Why are the new pets so ugly? BLAME K2. Why is there only 10 worms but 100 n00bs trying to kill them? BLAME K2.

But it isnt all bad if you decide to spend $100 per month on it :P

• LordCeonLordCeon Member UncommonPosts: 47
    Originally posted by mf_raven

Turks have nothing to do with crappy game management, turks have nothing with k2 money greed. Its not turks who ruined the game, its k2. K2 screwed one of the best (imho) pvp games on market atm. I played kol for a year, get hacked, get so many "greetings" form turkish kids, like siktir lan, a.q. .... etc, had so many funny moments with turks, in war/invasions or in cz .
    Dont fotget guys, Chris and Josh (K2 CEO's) ruined the game, not turks, and now they are on their way to ruin another nice mmorpg.

well this might be really late but u know when a turk tells u a.q his actually swearing at ur mom lol 1 of my classmate at skool is turkish and another good game ruined by turks is silkroad. in all my life i have never met a turkish person that is not an ***hole

btw 

lvl 70 rogue fun times

• khartokhar3khartokhar3 Member UncommonPosts: 486

Originally posted by DemonAcolyte

well this might be really late but u know when a turk tells u a.q his actually swearing at ur mom lol 1 of my classmate at skool is turkish and another good game ruined by turks is silkroad. in all my life i have never met a turkish person that is not an ***hole

btw 

lvl 70 rogue fun times

well u are right there are lot of idiot turks in this game but i had also some respectable turks in my clan

• D4rv3nD4rv3n Member Posts: 164

R.I.P [*]

Old KO

*bows down*

all I have to say!

• lordaltaylordaltay Member Posts: 4

Roft I'm so glad I came across this topic. I never played Knight Online but I'm Turkish and its hillarious hearing you guys talk about turks swarming into knight online ; - )

Oh and not all Turks are assholes, but I sure am ^__^

• MithiosMithios Member Posts: 271

Originally posted by butters88
    So with my last few words i would like to take this time to say this: "%#$@ YOU K2 NETWORK! $%#@ YOU@!
                                                                                                                               Amen

P.S. pls dont delete this post, im really proud of it lol

Don't be shy, tell us how you really feel.

A tiny mind is a tidy mind...

Originally posted by lordaltay

Roft I'm so glad I came across this topic. I never played Knight Online but I'm Turkish and its hillarious hearing you guys talk about turks swarming into knight online ; - )
    Oh and not all Turks are assholes, but I sure am ^__^

u know..the exception proves the rule...but as u said, u are not an exception

• PunisherXPunisherX Member Posts: 231

hmmm... interesting..... I commend Knights Online for having a very good fan base... I did like it for the time I played it.... but I only got to play it for three days... I did get WoW and found it to be very intertaining.... which was better.. i really can't say.... I played them three years apart.... I played KO in 2005... and WoW in 2008... so, I can't post my opinion on that one.... I haven't played KO since 2005...

• KirijiKiriji Member Posts: 340

btw 

lvl 70 rogue fun times

Hehe, its true every Turkish gamer I have met is vile, my old guild on UO use to be at war with a Turkish guild, we hated them they were horrible to other players.

Originally posted by Bladeinhand

btw 

lvl 70 rogue fun times

Hehe, its true every Turkish gamer I have met is vile, my old guild on UO use to be at war with a Turkish guild, we hated them they were horrible to other players.

bigotry... you want another word for it... idiocy, stupidity, retardedness... hatred is stupid and so is stereotypes... not all turkish people are @$$holes... just like not all white people are racists... here's a good idea for all those people who are badmouthing turks... the next time you have a thought.... let it go....

Sorry if I outraged your sense of racial tolerance, but the fact is every Turk I have met in game has been horrible, I'm not putting them down as a race, but there gaming ethic leaves something to be desired. Like Asians love to grind its how they play.

maybe it's because you're american and the middle east doesn't have a great afinity for americans or any part of this side of the world.... we showed them assholish ways a while back... they're only returning the favor in any way possible... consider it the.... payback.... of our past hatred of difference... we may have grown better over the years, but we have a long, long way to go.... maybe you should consider that the next time you think about hurting someone with hatred.... and as for the turkish people who are being assholish to you.... maybe, instead of fighting back... maybe you should say 'hey.... we're both human beings.... let's just play this game with honor.'

sry if that sounded rantish.... but i have a tendency to rant

All well and good but I'm not American. And what did the USA ever do to Turkey? And when was Turkey a middle east country? Its Euroasian, its in the European Union.

well... im not sure what the USA did to Turkey because im not that old... but im sure it has something to do with the first world war... which meaning the hatred would go to french, americans, british, belguns, japanese, italians, and russians and loads of other countries that i really don't feel like naming... im not a master of history or geography... but Turkey is a middle eastern country.... if you'll check a map, you'll notice it's connected to iraq, iran, and syria... and if you would like more proof....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle_East

just click on the map and enlarge it... you'll notice Turkey is in the upper-left corner....

Lol I know were Turkey is Ive even been there, it still isnt a Middle Eastern country. Its in the european Union , middle eastern countries can't be in the EU. Just because it borders Syria and Iraq doesnt make it so, it also borders Russian speaking countries and Greece. You need History lessons too, they never fought Americans in the first world war or the Japanese lol, it was primarly the British, Russians and French. I doubt they still hold grudges about the 1st world war it was 100 years ago you know. Turks arnt pissed off arabs either,just let it go everytime you keep replying it just fails.

Originally posted by Bladeinhand

Lol I know were Turkey is Ive even been there, it still isnt a Middle Eastern country. Its in the european Union , middle eastern countries can't be in the EU. Just because it borders Syria and Iraq doesnt make it so, it also borders Russian speaking countries and Greece. You need History lessons too, they never fought Americans in the first world war or the Japanese lol, it was primarly the British, Russians and French. I doubt they still hold grudges about the 1st world war it was 100 years ago you know. Turks arnt pissed off arabs either,just let it go everytime you keep replying it just fails.

I dont know where u have ur informations but Turkey is an european country but its "NOT" in the European Union. And of course its an middle east country just like Israel is a middle east country aswell. Who told u a middle east country cant be in the Eurpean Union? Every european country can get in the European Union if  they have good workin democracy and economy

u can realy trust me in that because i live in germany but im actualy from middle east and im realy well informed about every of the countries there and i read everything about that region

Edit: Here u have a link to the EU site where u can see the current members of the EU:

europa.eu/abc/european_countries/index_en.htm

and here the list of the EU countries:

Austria

Belgium
    Bulgaria
    Cyprus
    Czech Republic
    Denmark
    Estonia
    Finland
    France
    Germany