Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

wich GW?

GudronGudron Member Posts: 13

Hi !

I wanna play this game but i don`t know what version.When i wanted to buy the game i saw manny versions .What version u think is the best?Whay?

Sry for my poor english

Comments

• NoUrbanLightNoUrbanLight Member Posts: 70

First thing that you should be careful of is that Eye of the North is not another version, but an expansion that you need one of the others to run it.

As for the others, they each have a completely independent storyline and theme. If you like more European fantasy, I'd recommend the Prophecies campaign which is just the original "Guild Wars" and it has the long PvE campaign.  "Factions" was the second release and has a lot more of an Asian influence and is highly recommended for those that enjoy PvP due to it's added option. Then "Nightfall" is a lot more Egyptian/Aztec and tends to be very popular for the addition of "Heroes" which are superior AI to normal henchmen and invaluable if you if you prefer singular play over pickup groups when friends aren't around.

~~~~~
    "Big surprise... there was no protection by this urban light..."

• 8hammer88hammer8 Member Posts: 1,812

You can't go wrong with either Prophecies (#1) or Nightfall (#3) as your first step into GW.  Personally I would say Prophecies for the fact that you get to be introduced to the story and get to have the joys of running around Pre-Sear (starter area) plus you get a lot of skills just by questing.  Nightfall is solid for the reason mentioned above, the Heroes addition and an extra 2 playable classes is a big draw.  Honestly I would look for a combo pack that has all 3 or 4 games and get them as a bundle.

Have fun.

"It is easier to be cruel than wise. The road to wisdom is long and difficult... so most people just turn out to be assholes" Feng (Christopher Walken)

• norman728norman728 Member UncommonPosts: 146

If you Have a GameSTop Or EB they Have a demo disk that gives you a three GW's  to try for free for 10 hours I think.   and when you chose to buy all you have to do is add they keys on the package. the disk is $1.99 US  

• Squal'ZellSqual'Zell Member Posts: 1,803

i would sugest, if you want to get the expansion, to start with prophecies. it is the begining of the story line of the expansion with some background in it like  the Charr and and other characters, the white mantle..etc... without going into the bad ass spoilers

if you just want to PvP then factions is your best bet, since it was made to enhance PvP more than PvE

Nightfall brings in the addition of heroes (but so does the expansion eye of the north)

and lastly if you just want to try if you like it EB games does offer a 10 hour trial, which is enough to give you a fair idea of what the game hold for you. just remember that in 10 hours you can get far in the game, but then again... you will only have  touched the surface of your  potential

so the order i would put importance

0- 10 hour trial

1 prophecies

2 expansion

3 nightfall

4 factions

• GudronGudron Member Posts: 13

I like the pve site more ^^

But what do u think is better ?

Prophecies or Nightfall the Factions is not for me:P

Thank you guys for help!

• GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486

Prophecies provides you with free skills through quests and may therefore be better to start off with. However I personally preferred Nightfall as I felt it more organized and much easier to understand. From my personal experience I recommend Nightfall.

• Squal'ZellSqual'Zell Member Posts: 1,803

Originally posted by Godliest

Prophecies provides you with free skills through quests and may therefore be better to start off with. However I personally preferred Nightfall as I felt it more organized and much easier to understand. From my personal experience I recommend Nightfall.
    i on the other hand prefered Prophecies

its longer gameplay, and has some twists and unexpected turns, and when you think its over, it has only begun

then again its personnal preferences, maybe i like it more because that is where i started back in the beta weekends.

and like i said before if you are planning on the expansion, prophecies has more of the story continuity.

• gimperinngimperinn Member Posts: 7

Hi, i must say that prophecies is the best of them, i got boath the first one and nightfall and my friend has factions(we both think he sucks), and i honestly think the first one is the best.And like 8hammer8 there is a starter world wich i think is really good and helps a lot. And just so you know, if you buy another GW game you can connect him to your old one and play other kinds of heroes in it, you can even bring heroes from nightfall to prophecies

• Lonesamurai1Lonesamurai1 Member Posts: 1,210

Originally posted by Gudron

I like the pve site more ^^
    But what do u think is better ?

Prophecies or Nightfall the Factions is not for me:P
    Thank you guys for help!

You've misunderstood

Factions has the quickest to get into PvE, its the easiest to get rolling into the story and I fund it a breath of fresh air after a year of Prophecies, but found Nightfall rather stale and samey after 18 months/2 years of playing

imageimage