Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Release Date

Comments

• alyndalealyndale Member UncommonPosts: 936

Folks you should be thankful that NCSoft has not released an proposed launch dates.  Go to the AoC forums and see what happens when a company makes an assumption as to when their product will be ready for beta or release.

By doing this, NCSoft take little risk that the gaming public becomes restless and angry at "push backs".

All I want is the truth
    Just gimme some truth
    John Lennon

• suu141suu141 Member Posts: 249

Originally posted by khartokhar3

hey guys
    i have a question about the version u can buy at amazon.com. if u type there aion then there is written the item is available at april 2008. but as it have been said here it will be released at the second half of the year..so is the version for april 2008 the korean version?

i wanted to add just another question...so if the version on amazon is the korean one, can we buy and play it too or will we get somethin like ip banned?

Since it's well known in Asia that a high rate of NA players are griefers and just plain rude n' selfish. This was a constant complaint among the Korean (Including the Japanese in FFXI) population. Most likely they're going to try isolate their servers as much as possible.

Unless you live in Korea, you'll prolly get a IP Ban.

"When you're born you're naked, when you die you're naked again, and in-between all we do is work, eat, and play MMOs." ~Forum Warrior #141

• SharajatSharajat Member Posts: 926
    Originally posted by suu141

hey guys
    i have a question about the version u can buy at amazon.com. if u type there aion then there is written the item is available at april 2008. but as it have been said here it will be released at the second half of the year..so is the version for april 2008 the korean version?

i wanted to add just another question...so if the version on amazon is the korean one, can we buy and play it too or will we get somethin like ip banned?

Since it's well known in Asia that a high rate of NA players are griefers and just plain rude n' selfish. This was a constant complaint among the Korean (Including the Japanese in FFXI) population. Most likely they're going to try isolate their servers as much as possible.

Hmm.  Every 'Azn' tag I've seen has belonged to an obnoxious cheating hacker.  And in Korea/Japan, NA players are obnoxious cheating hackers.  Could it be even internet society works like a society, and kicks out its losers? 

In every country and in every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection to his own.

-Thomas Jefferson

• Khan187Khan187 Member Posts: 168
    Originally posted by ZardaX

I want to play !!!

Go easy on the head bashing ZardaX, you'll never get to play it if you die before Aion comes out haha

Originally posted by Sharajat

hey guys

Hmm.  Every 'Azn' tag I've seen has belonged to an obnoxious cheating hacker.  And in Korea/Japan, NA players are obnoxious cheating hackers.  Could it be even internet society works like a society, and kicks out its losers? 

Every country has their own bad apples. Why invite foreign obnoxious cheating hackers when they have trouble dealing with domestic obnoxious cheating hackers? Might as well give every country their own little box.

Kicking out law-breaking obnoxious cheating hackers is easy. Trying to kick to out just plain obnoxious rejects isn't, as they have rights.

"When you're born you're naked, when you die you're naked again, and in-between all we do is work, eat, and play MMOs." ~Forum Warrior #141

• AlienovrlordAlienovrlord Member Posts: 1,525

Such promising MMORPGs scheduled for 2008.  And none of them in this quarter

• SharajatSharajat Member Posts: 926

hey guys

Every country has their own bad apples. Why invite foreign obnoxious cheating hackers when they have trouble dealing with domestic obnoxious cheating hackers? Might as well give every country their own little box.

Kicking out law-breaking obnoxious cheating hackers is easy. Trying to kick to out just plain obnoxious rejects isn't, as they have rights.

No, they don't.    ................. was the greatest thing ever.  Period, the end. 

In every country and in every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection to his own.

-Thomas Jefferson

No, they don't.    ................. was the greatest thing ever.  Period, the end. 

Meh. I'm sure it was.

• ladydracaladydraca Member Posts: 12

figured i would make an apperance and show that theres 1 more from FFXI interested in this game lol

• GudronGudron Member Posts: 13

I want to play it ... i don`t have any good game now..

• VandrorVandror Member Posts: 10

Oh my god, when does this game come out. I have to know.i'm dying over here

• Ita+ChupsIta+Chups Member Posts: 70

Ok it's easy to make generalisations. Every US and russian player I see is usually consumed with progression and gear etc. While euro and asian players play much more relaxed.

And calling a whole nation let alone continent obnoxious and losers. I mean what gift of god you must be no.

Jeesh, you do know this game is made in Korea don't you?

• TailsectionTailsection Member Posts: 12

I hate to interrupt the bashing of entire countries, but I must say that I'm pumped to play this game!  It looked like it was on track to be released, but I'm worried about the dates being pushed back.  The game looks great and reading the comments of people who have played makes me excited to play.

Just wanted to say.  Now, on with the "I don't like it when people are different than me" talk.

• GalaxoGalaxo Member UncommonPosts: 389

I want to play this game so badly

• MinaseiMinasei Member Posts: 25

Haha Closed beta second half of 2008 so only about 4-5 months more :D

• LimonesLimones Member Posts: 95

I saw the trailer of Aion and I was actually stunned. I seriously can't wait to play the game but I guess we'll have to wait till the end of 2008 to do it

I just hope they don't screw us European players over like a lot of developers do by making a Closed Beta for NA but not Europe. Mabinogi is just one example.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

Originally posted by Limones

I saw the trailer of Aion and I was actually stunned. I seriously can't wait to play the game but I guess we'll have to wait till the end of 2008 to do it
    I just hope they don't screw us European players over like a lot of developers do by making a Closed Beta for NA but not Europe. Mabinogi is just one example.
    It looks like it's NC Europe who is running the show this time. Ayase, who posts quite a bit on Aionsource is from NC's European offices.

So I don't think you will be screwed over.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,118

Originally posted by Ayase

Originally posted by mystery2122

i saw somewhere it said around second quarter of 08'
    i badly wanna play this game >.<
    We have currently planned release for the second half of 2008.

Beta, however, is planned to launch some time before that.

Hi Ayase ,

First of all let me thank you for your wonderful informations regarding Aion. Second , I just saw that you were a "normal" mmorpg user some time ago , then you created  www.aionlib.com ( seems it's down now ) . After sometimes after that, your "dream" come true and you are now a Aion Community Coordinator , which is great , congratz

Now :) I have some questions for you if you can answer :

1) Is there an english version of the game currently in development? ( I know that the game is still in CB phase 2 in Korea , but just wondering )

2) Do you actualy play the Korean version of the game?

3) What's the stage right now in the Korean CB ? On a scale from 1 to 10 ?! I mean , how things are working? :)

4) There will be Closed & Open Beta for Aion ? Or just Open Beta then ... full release?

5) When do we (EU/NA) need to expect a more detailed website for Aion ? :P

Well , that's all for now and hope you can answer my questions.

Thank you !

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• xAlrythxxAlrythx Member Posts: 585

Originally posted by HappyFunBall

Do you really think the U.S. release is a whole year away?
    I think that's a big mistake (if this is true)

I honestly think it could go the other way.

AoC and WAR have generated so much hype it's not even funny. If they fail to live up to this hype it will be Vanguard all over again.

What will people turn to if these games fail?

Most likely Aion.

Currently Playing: Everything but MMORPGs
    Cancelled: L2, FFXI, VSoH, LotRO, WAR, WoW
    Looking Forward To: SW:TOR

• ZeroeZeroe Member Posts: 13

hey Guys Aion looks sooo cool and i found a site that says 23 or 26 of  september

http://www.tothegame.com/pc-5607-aion-the-tower-of-eternity-for-pc.html

If some one from NCSoft let me know if its true thx

• kakasiraykakasiray Member Posts: 23

not sure if it`s worth a try.

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,118
    Originally posted by kakasiray

not sure if it`s worth a try.

Are you talking about Aion or War? If it's War yes .. I am sure either if it's worth a try , but if you`re talking about Aion then you are

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• arobiarobi Member UncommonPosts: 124

No way this game releases before 2009 I would bet my left testicle.

Originally posted by arobi

No way this game releases before 2009 I would be my left testicle.

Be prepared to fork over your left nut. I hope you still have your right testicle.

• VualVual Member Posts: 13

Originally posted by arobi

No way this game releases before 2009 I would be my left testicle.

Be prepared to fork over your left nut. I hope you still have your right testicle.

Lol, the poor guy is gonna be in a lot of pain.