Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So How many of you will try AI when it comes out?

TinybinaTinybina Member Posts: 2,130

I for one will not touch it with a Ten foot pool unless its a great expansion and makes Shadowlands totally obsolete... But I would even be afraid to play it if tons of people say its good, due to the fact that alot of people would have you believe SL was good including gaming sites....

So here is alittle poll... Lets see how many of you were scared off by Funcoms last Expansion SL and will never (EVER) go back because to it...Unless they bring back AO and stop trying to be EQ  1.5

------------------------------
You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith

Comments

• jerryk72jerryk72 Member Posts: 10

image    Shadowlands was a great addition to AO.  Except if you're a hardcore Sci-Fi player, or are anger that you can't use your Sci-Fi stuff in a Meta Physical realm (like GA & QW & Yalms)

The only problem I see with SL is, not much was done to the Rubi-ka side. So that made people flock in droves to the SL side.

Even if AI isn't that "GREAT" in some peoples eyes, it'll at least spread the amount of players equally between SL & Rubi-Ka. That should help immensly with the lag in some SL areas.

• TinybinaTinybina Member Posts: 2,130

SL was horrible.. If you played Pre SL and Pre SWG beta you would have seen a game that was full of People and activity.. Post SL (1month to be exact) the game was slowly dying out, as people were canceling accounts left and right.. I challange any body to actually prove me wrong on this fact...

Hell the forums where full of "WTH did you do to my AO, I quit" post.

You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith

I understand what you're saying. I too was one of those that quit after the SL release. I went to play Star Wars Grinder, er I mean Galaxies. But now, I am back in AO and I can tell you at least from my perspective its more full now than it was when I left. Sure, AO will never have the subscription numbers of SWG or EQ, but that doesn't matter. SL & soon AI will do nothing but bring good things to AO. SL sucked at launch, but a year later is very stable, and enjoyable, at least by some of us.

• JennysMindJennysMind Member UncommonPosts: 869
    I don't understand what the big deal is. SL is an add-on right? Did they change Rubi-Ka because of the add-on other than the ability to travel to Jobe? I just started a little over a week ok and am having a blast and haven't played on Rubi-Ka. But I will. To me the game looks like 2 games in one and will probably keep me playing longer before boredom sets in.

Jeffrey Smith

• Originally posted by Alekhin
    I don't understand what the big deal is. SL is an add-on right? Did they change Rubi-Ka because of the add-on other than the ability to travel to Jobe? I just started a little over a week ok and am having a blast and haven't played on Rubi-Ka. But I will. To me the game looks like 2 games in one and will probably keep me playing longer before boredom sets in.

Jeffrey Smith

SL Essentially killed RK, no one XPs there anymore because killing greens in SL is better than teaming reds on RK (slightly exaggerated, but there's LOTS more xp in SL for the difficulty).  AFAIK the only things people do on RK are: low level xping, selling your stuff in OA/trade, Alvin/Dogda pads, dynacamps, get nanos.  Good luck trying to get a group together for missioning on RK.

-Et

Which leads us to the brilliance that is AI. People will flock back to Rubi-ka in droves to fight off the alien threat. Its the perfect balance for the percieved imbalance that SL had caused.

Originally posted by jerryk72
    Which leads us to the brilliance that is AI. People will flock back to Rubi-ka in droves to fight off the alien threat. Its the perfect balance for the percieved imbalance that SL had caused.

Untill you have to go camp for your specialization quest in order to use that certain nano..

Thats what really killed AO for me.. That and the insane Aggro, hardly anymore Tower battles, and general lack of people...

One more thing Im sure you play on RK1 I never did.. I played on RK2 which im told now is a ghost town..

• AzzazzimonAzzazzimon Member UncommonPosts: 211

I'm following AO and AI even if I'm not playing, so far I havn't seen anything in AI that will interest me, so doubt I will try it.

But if the people in my guild are having a blast with AI then I will reactivate and try it.

-------------------------
    Azzazzimon

Azzazzimon

Originally posted by Tinybina

Untill you have to go camp for your specialization quest in order to use that certain nano..

Thats what really killed AO for me.. That and the insane Aggro, hardly anymore Tower battles, and general lack of people...

One more thing Im sure you play on RK1 I never did.. I played on RK2 which im told now is a ghost town..

I have Spec 1 and it wasn't all bad. I haven't even tried for spec 2 yet, but I may have to to cast CI.

Yeah, you really need to see things on RK1. Its alot different. There are a ton of tower battles. There hasn't been a day in the past two weeks where I haven't received a tower outcome message. I usually receive 2 a day. If you haven't been on in a while, its a new chat channel that gives you updates on Notum Wars fights.

• SkylessSkyless Member Posts: 58

Originally posted by Tinybina

I hate the camps in SL. It was like EQ all over again. You remember the bottle necks that they created with that add on? Especially when it first came out it was a nightmare.

And Tower Battles... I remember people complaining because MP's(like myself) and Crats wouldn't come to them just to be buff totems. The stupidest idea ever was when the devs decided and I quote, "some professions are good at PvP and some are not." I guess they never considered that the PvP people would need buffs every now and then.

• HurtmeplentyHurtmeplenty Member Posts: 26

even if you gave them these buff's they simply would demand more.... and dont be surprised if they demand that you help them fight too...

• UmbroodUmbrood Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

Well hands up anyone who done spec4 and found even a second of it fun?

No one?

Really?

Not to mention the later garden keys, inferno keys in particular, (these are essential for easy travel, or any travel). It is just a horrible utterly boring grind, and most people will not even be able to do it due to the amount of players it takes.

Sure AI might be fun, but if I have to set foot in SL for even one second I doubt I shall play it, except for beta. hehe. And as far as I hear you need to go to SL still for tha 200+ lvls.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Jerek_

I wonder if you honestly even believe what you type, or if you live in a made up world of facts.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have Spec 1 and it wasn't all bad. I haven't even tried for spec 2 yet, but I may have to to cast CI.

Yeah, you really need to see things on RK1. Its alot different. There are a ton of tower battles. There hasn't been a day in the past two weeks where I haven't received a tower outcome message. I usually receive 2 a day. If you haven't been on in a while, its a new chat channel that gives you updates on Notum Wars fights.

OK not to knock you dude cause you sound like you mean well but

Usuallly 2 tower battle messages a day?  LOL I remember when I would see 2 in 15 mins and that was the norm and this was on RK2, Hell my 2 tower sites would get attacked constantly and that kept me on my toes.. When SL was released all my OLD Omni ememys bolted and noone ever came to attack so I took down both sites and left the game as well...Sounds to me that AO is still going down hill.. Two tower battle messages a night on the most populated server is sad..

And your 1st specialization quest..... Lol you can complete that in the newbie backyards... wait till you get on your 2nd or 3rd then you will see the change in MOB behavior as far as damage, aggro, and Drop rate... Last time I played back in Early march.. I spent 7 hours, 7 FREAKING hours camping the SAME SPOT for the second specialization books and ONLY 3 BOOKS dropped and they were the same FREAKING BOOK.

• EmilinEmilin Member Posts: 94

Right now I think AO is doing OK.

Pepople got tired of SL and it's easier to find teams in RK now. BB is full (and laggy) again :)

Tower wars aren't exactly 2 every 15 minutes, but it is 1 every hour. The clans are winning and have the most XP bonus but that will only give Omni's a chance to have some fun when everyone comes back from a vacation.

-Clothes and Armor Tradeskiller

• SweedeSweede Member UncommonPosts: 209

I for one love shadowlands, think it is great and some spots are damn beautiful, think one problem is shared with everquest and that is the player base is way spread out, sure everquest has more players but even then many of the old zones are deserted, loio used to be a busting zone with all the bad that brought, now it's empty, overthere is more or less empty to, the few people there are getting pl'ed it seems.

I have preordered AI just as i did sl.

Think it is a bit fun that people blame ao for taking after eq, while eq is taking items from ao, like instanced dungeons, zoning pets.

• SkylessSkyless Member Posts: 58

Originally posted by Emilin

Right now I think AO is doing OK.
    Pepople got tired of SL and it's easier to find teams in RK now. BB is full (and laggy) again :)
    Tower wars aren't exactly 2 every 15 minutes, but it is 1 every hour. The clans are winning and have the most XP bonus but that will only give Omni's a chance to have some fun when everyone comes back from a vacation.

I'm not so sure. I played on RK1 and most Omni's just ignored Tower Battles. Orgs like Storm and such held a lot of dominance in PVP and the Omni people just gave up and decided to hang around the arena. For the most part it seemed Clanners like PvP, but the Omnis prefered to raid for loot and such. Is it still like it?  I was Omni myself by the way and I didn't do much PvP outside of the arena because I was a MP and Tower Battles were a real snore for me.

Originally posted by Umbrood
    Sure AI might be fun, but if I have to set foot in SL for even one second I doubt I shall play it, except for beta. hehe. And as far as I hear you need to go to SL still for tha 200+ lvls.

This is my feeling exactly and sad to say I  for one will be forced to go to SL if I come back.. Due to the fact that I enjoy PVP in AO.. And if you want to be a factor in PVP your going to have to use some of the new nanos that came out in SL.. Not to mention the items and gear...Blah I have said it once and I will say it agian and agian.... I hate funcom for what they did to my favorite game... I was having a blast untill you released that crap expansion..image

• DevellinDevellin Member Posts: 51

Yeah SL was a bit of a let down with the way they done the whole camp as you grind deal with it... Unlike AO where you grind  but you have fun with all the moving around the land while you grind so you don't really take notice to the grind sessions much.

Considering I really am not one to want to sit around in one area waiting no matter how much people say SL was good and you would end up camping by choice. Which I really did not find that having to camp for a certain book was any real choice heh.image

WhoWha!!!

Good, Evil, I'm the guy with the gun. -Ash, Army of Darkness-

• AzzazzimonAzzazzimon Member UncommonPosts: 211

Originally posted by Umbrood

Well hands up anyone who done spec4 and found even a second of it fun?
    No one?
    Really?
    Not to mention the later garden keys, inferno keys in particular, (these are essential for easy travel, or any travel). It is just a horrible utterly boring grind, and most people will not even be able to do it due to the amount of players it takes.

I did spec 4 while I was helping other people getting spec 3/4 and other things from the unred mobs in S unred temple, had alot of fun doing it.

2 lvl 200-205 can do it easy and I could solo without any prob at lvl 210.

I agree that Inferno garden key is abit stupid, but the other garden keys are very easy and quick to get and if you get Penumbra sanc key you have an exit really close to Inferno entrance, so you don't really need that key.

Azzazzimon

Azzazzimon