Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I downloaded the trial...

But it's expired, so do I need to buy the game for forty some dollars, or is it possible to just start paying the monthly fee and keep playing without buying the disc?

Comments

• SevenwindSevenwind Member UncommonPosts: 2,188

You need to buy the game I believe. I looked on amazon.ca since you're in Canada and found it way cheaper than 40.00. Even on Turbines website it is pretty cheap, 19.99. They have the digital download same price, which may be what you need since you just need the key. Believe it comes with 30 days as well.

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
    Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.

• VincenzVincenz Member Posts: 1,498

I think Amazon may even have copies for like 9 bucks too! 

• VultureSkullVultureSkull Member UncommonPosts: 1,774

You can do the trial again if you have access to another email address.

You do need to buy the game to be able to play as you need to register a "Full game" key to your account.

In the uk the game is £2.99 online and £5 in the shops!

• JuppJupp Member Posts: 65

One thing: Back in the days the trial client did not feature the high-res textures and I am not sure if they are now part of the trial client. You might want to check if you are able to switch to high res textures in your trial installation. If not I'd think about buying the retail box  if I were you because IMO otherwise you would miss out on those nice'n'shiny graphics :D

Remember, remember the 5th of November

• VincenzVincenz Member Posts: 1,498

Originally posted by Jupp

One thing: Back in the days the trial client did not feature the high-res textures and I am not sure if they are now part of the trial client. You might want to check if you are able to switch to high res textures in your trial installation. If not I'd think about buying the retail box  if I were you because IMO otherwise you would miss out on those nice'n'shiny graphics :D

Yeah, there's a high rez download now :)

• MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701

friend of mine just bought the retail box at lunch today. Does that definitely have the high res client on disc? Or should I tell him to download it?

I am not sure if he got the DvD version or CD version... finding out now

• TheFranchiseTheFranchise Member Posts: 241
    DVD version is definitely hi-res. Dunno about the CD version. ...people still buy CDs? :)

But, like mentioned, there is a hi-res download now. Somewhere.
  • barbarrasbarbarras Member Posts: 8

They had it on sale at Circuit City last week for $4.99.  Boxed game with 30 days free.

It shows up on their website as $9.98, so not sure what the difference is, but I did buy 2 for $4.99 each in the store.

• barbarrasbarbarras Member Posts: 8

Several new ones on Ebay for $5-6 shipped too.

So, I guess I didn't get that great of a deal...

• QueinaiQueinai Member Posts: 76