Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need new game for the Wife and Me

Raymond42cRaymond42c Member Posts: 3

Okay, so we are finally done with WOW, and now my wife has a new computer and a desire for a new game.  So our pleadings go out to you fine gamers to help us find one. 

I'm a gamer through and through, so they will pretty much all appeal to me.  So this is more for my wife, that yes, will sit besides be and play and enjoy herself.  (I am the luckiest man alive)

What she liked in WOW, and likes in games are the following:

- questing

- crafting

- PVE elements

- Lore based questing, i.e. go kill that mob because they are mean to the little gnomes.

What she does not enjoy about games...

- PVP, getting ganked

- collecting 10000000000000000000 wolf hides to make a hat (slight exaggeration)

- excessive gore for gore's sake (this is just boring)

All that said, she liked WOW a lot... so, do we just play with it again and wait for WAR to come out?

/insert clever saying

Comments

• DJones86DJones86 Member Posts: 1

LOTRO. Quests are full of lore and there are so many you probably can't complete them before they're to low to even get anything out of it. PvP is optional, don't have to worry about people ganking you while questing/exploring or whatnot. Crafting is more indepth then wow (I think it is.) I enjoyed crafting on LOTRO way more than WoW. Shame I had to quit LOTRO due to money issues. But yeah, check it out. I'm sure it'll be the perfect fit for you guys. I loved it, favorite mmo (pay to play).

Just as a side note. I played WoW for 6-7 months and I tried a free trial of LOTRO for 2 days, quit WoW, left my guild (I was leader too) and went to LOTRO. lol.

• april12april12 Member Posts: 8

I'm a wife and I love Dream of Mirror Online (DOMO). It's the only free to play game I have found that's not a grind fest (aren't most p2p mmo's grindfests, 2?). It's graphics are kind of a fisher-pricey/carebearish anime style . The mobs are cute and entertaining. I think the stories and quests are interesting. I like the relationship system, getting pets, and the crafting.

I enjoyed World of Warcraft, too, but quit because I couldn't bear to give Blizzard another cent. They have enough. I didn't like Lord of the Rings Online at all (people pay for that? uck). All the other games I like u and ur wife might not because there's either no crafting or a lot of grinding.

Perhaps I should note that my husband refuses to play DOMO. He's a WOW addict and claims he could never get into anything that cute.

Anyways, good luck ! Let us know what u pick.