Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lost gamer seeking guidance

hopdoghopdog Member Posts: 110

looking for a game that would keep my intrest problem is i get burned out of games probibly too easy me and my friends started out  with UO and stayed with it for a while till they changed it and made it a baby system and took away my pets but. i'm not here to flame or bad mouth UO but just looking for a game that will keep me happy.

My friends got into wow when it launched so i joined in grinded though it till maxed out at 60 then relizing that was it to the grind i got bord came back with the new expansion and got up to 70 then burnt out again. i know theres a new expansion coming out with "new class's" but i'm concernd about that,

during my on and off staged of wow i've also played coh/cov, eq I&II, autoassalt,  tabula rasa, the whole sony pack, aoc, and others that i just thoght sounded good but again and again i'd play for maybe a month or so make some good friends here and there (only real reason why i keep playing some of the games) but in general i dont have fun with the games due to the constent "grind" for the same thing any one know what i'm talking about?

guess what i'm looking for would be somthing not really new but i guess uniqe that would keep some ones' attention without having a constent grind going on do like following quest lines or main storey arch's and maybe a good pet system.

Comments

• hopdoghopdog Member Posts: 110

also, things I do like about other games i've played would be a Usable crafting system kinda of like vanguard where it can be better then looted weapons i find it anoying when the things you make are not better from the 100 year old mummy you know what i'm saying?

• HexxeityHexxeity Member Posts: 848

Nearly every game you mentioned has PLENTY of things to do other than grind.  If you are burned out on grinding, you have only yourself to blame.  Sorry to be harsh, but it's the truth.

I know how easy it is to get caught up in the level treadmill, especially when everyone around you is focused on XP and XP only.  You just have to tell yourself that that is not what you are playing for, and politely decline XP grinding groups.  Look for players doing quests, or form groups yourself by letting people know that you are quest-based, not an XP whore.  If you like crafting, make friends with other crafters.

It's easy to give this advice, but hard to follow it.  I have trouble myself sometimes.  It's  best if you can pick a game with good lore or good crafting.  Maybe find one with a designated RP server -- RP players are usually slightly less grindy.

But really, you've played all the good games.  If I were you, I would pick one of those games that has systems and stories you enjoy and try again with a new approach.

• talismen351talismen351 Member Posts: 1,124

Sounds to me like you have tried all the best there is. Either just pick one outta the lot or wait n see what the upcomming year brings. I myself have been hovering around mostly trials n the F2P games to keep myself busy till the 'Next-Gen MMORPGs' come out.

• AznbesolAznbesol Member Posts: 2

Well, you'd pretty much get burnt out on anything that you do too much.

I got bored of tennis from playing it 6 days a week, so I stopped playing.  Then I started playing a while later.

Everything regains its luster after a while.

• hopdoghopdog Member Posts: 110

thats true. I find myself picking up my older games and re-activating them once in a while.

• PyrostasisPyrostasis Member UncommonPosts: 2,293

Originally posted by hopdog

looking for a game that would keep my intrest problem is i get burned out of games probibly too easy me and my friends started out  with UO and stayed with it for a while till they changed it and made it a baby system and took away my pets but. i'm not here to flame or bad mouth UO but just looking for a game that will keep me happy.
    My friends got into wow when it launched so i joined in grinded though it till maxed out at 60 then relizing that was it to the grind i got bord came back with the new expansion and got up to 70 then burnt out again. i know theres a new expansion coming out with "new class's" but i'm concernd about that,
    during my on and off staged of wow i've also played coh/cov, eq I&II, autoassalt,  tabula rasa, the whole sony pack, aoc, and others that i just thoght sounded good but again and again i'd play for maybe a month or so make some good friends here and there (only real reason why i keep playing some of the games) but in general i dont have fun with the games due to the constent "grind" for the same thing any one know what i'm talking about?
    guess what i'm looking for would be somthing not really new but i guess uniqe that would keep some ones' attention without having a constent grind going on do like following quest lines or main storey arch's and maybe a good pet system.
    That right there is the main reason Im going into game development. I cant stand the garbage out today, and I may not have the best idea for a game... but I know at least my friends and I will enjoy the hell out of it, and if enough other folks do as well, then we might just make some money.

Im hoping to have a crapy 2d or low end 3d version of the game ready by christmas... but we will see. As I learn more, it will grow into something worth while, and maybe one day Ill release it to the public.