Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New SB player

HersaintHersaint Member UncommonPosts: 366

Hi all,

Anyone here playing SB on the loreplaying server - Vindication?  Wanted to giver it a spin agian until WAR comes out this summer.

Comments

• colouredcoloured Member Posts: 18

SBG is releasing 2 new servers shortly, so all other servers will be wiped.

Finally getting some new servers. might want to play on test until that date.

• MMO_FanMMO_Fan Member UncommonPosts: 178

Originally posted by coloured

SBG is releasing 2 new servers shortly, so all other servers will be wiped.
    Finally getting some new servers. might want to play on test until that date.

Might want to be on Vindi now - to make friends, learn the map and find a guild.

Then on both Vindi and Test after patch 22.

• ElectricdawnElectricdawn Member Posts: 35

Ok, I'm downloading the client right now. I am mainly a PvE player, though I don't mind a little bit of PvP once in a while. I also like to roleplay.

Is Shadowbane a game for me, or is it just an all out gankfest? What servertype would you recommend? Is there any guild you could recommend?

I thought about playing either an Aelfborn, Shade or maybe a Nephilim. But I'm open for anything.

Thanks for your suggestions.

• daelnordaelnor Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

It's pretty much an all out gankfest. Pve is put there to level, and that's about it.

Still, it can be fun if you find a guild, and its FREE.

I played for several months awhile back, I had fun until my guild jumped to vindi...then I got bored.

D.

• ElectricdawnElectricdawn Member Posts: 35

Thanks for the warning. I will see how far I get. :)

• ArawonArawon Member Posts: 1,108

SB is far from a pve game.

• bezadobezado Member UncommonPosts: 1,127

I play but the balance issues are getting worse.

They try to fix things but create more imbalance. I wouldn't expect any real game updates ever. Also this wipe process has been going on for a long time now.

If it's taking them this long to test and get ready this patch imagine how long it will be till they full fix all the exploits and dupe bugs. You watch and see the new servers become full of dupes again and gold because gold is dupable also very easily. The games developers such for this game, worst I ever seen besides D&L.

Hell with them not making the proper news headlines to tell new players what to expect. Instead it is me and my nation taking in new players from noob island and then telling them what is coming up and them saying goodbye to the game and in shock for the most part since they do not have the proper news up.

If they put the correct news up and told new players that they should play to get use the game before the wipes then there wouldn't be so many people on noob island or at sdr complaining about it coming as new players.