Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

need a new game soon, but want somthing i can spend time w/.

zanfirezanfire Member UncommonPosts: 969

heres the thing, i recently got back into FFXI, hoping to get my old guy back (like 2.5 yrs playing that) so i started a new account and played for the free month (got quite far too) but today i found out im not getting my guy back (SE has a shitty 3 months not active it deletes policy...dont ask) but i really dont wanna re-do so much i already have (though it has been keeping me kinda busy). So now i want somthing fresh to play.

my history has gone like this: EQOA(about 5-6 months, and adored it) FFXI 2.5yrs (obviously i liked somthing about it =P) EQ2(1.5months, it was ok, but too flooded w/ quests and  more solo like, probly was alone cause its older) LOTRO(bout 30 days, it felt to simplifyed and solo orientated, though as much as i love LOTR, didnt feel right, not sure how much its changed) Vanguard(20 days, it was kinda what i wanted, more group focused, lots of classes, big world....BUT SOOOO empty feeling, every area felt like a bren wasteland, and even w/ a decent PC i could only play lowe sets w/ contand "hitches") also played some free games but nothing worked

so what im looking for 1) uniqe classes (i like being able to choose from diffrent types, or have a basic that can be very costumized) 2)good sized world (but no so big it feels empty) 3) more on the grouping side over solo, i pay to play w/ others not alone 4)newer(as in not a 4-5 yr old game that the newbie areas are dead, prefribly no more then a couple yrs old) 5) i dont mind P2P or F2P 6) also a good combat system and  preferably no point and click. 6)finnaly, lots of fun and diffrent endgame (1 thing FFXI did very well, sooo much endgame to do there)

if you can find somthing in that range id love to hear it, thank in advanced

Comments

• zanfirezanfire Member UncommonPosts: 969

also im waiting on WAR, wich looks like good PVP id like to play on the side of somthing, but that wont be out for a hella long time as it seems,

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508

Heck, OP, we're all waiting for a game like you just described.  Sadly we're probably going to have to wait for WAR, AOC, AION or COS.

ha...4k... 

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

not suprised noones come up w/ what ive described, seems like the MMOs these days are just trying to mimic others sucsess, there baout the money and not the game liek it used to be

• batolemaeusbatolemaeus Member CommonPosts: 2,061

There is no such game actually. You can try something like Wurm Online or Eve Online if you want something refreshing..
    (hint: i am of course a "little" bit biased towards eve. :P)

• hotpiehotpie Member Posts: 191

hey its feb 1st already?? is cabal out already??

from the vids it dont look bad, though 1) is it group orientated? 2) it kinda looks like it is going to be another korean grindfest game....is that true?

• BadgerSmakerBadgerSmaker Member Posts: 629

Originally posted by zanfire

so what im looking for 1) uniqe classes (i like being able to choose from diffrent types, or have a basic that can be very costumized) 2)good sized world (but no so big it feels empty) 3) more on the grouping side over solo, i pay to play w/ others not alone 4)newer(as in not a 4-5 yr old game that the newbie areas are dead, prefribly no more then a couple yrs old) 5) i dont mind P2P or F2P 6) also a good combat system and  preferably no point and click. 6)finnaly, lots of fun and diffrent endgame (1 thing FFXI did very well, sooo much endgame to do there)
     if you can find somthing in that range id love to hear it, thank in advanced

Maybe look at Star Wars Galaxies?

There is a trial available here: Star Wars Galaxies TrySWG

If you do try it and are based in the US, log in to either Bloodfin or Bria, those are very popular servers.  If in Europe log in to Chimaera.

all i hear about this is how horrible its become, and after trying to ignore vanguards flaws, i see as to why its just mostly truth. im not really into the action/shooter mmos, im just looking for a good ol' fashion deep PVe game.

• hotpiehotpie Member Posts: 191

tray tantra, wyd or lineage 2

thats what im playing as of now...

well if you dont like grind dont try lineage 2.. ^^

since its all about grinding...