Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Serious problem with gameguard and mabinogi uninstallation

LiddokunLiddokun Member UncommonPosts: 1,665

Okay I tried uninstalling mabinogi and gameguard. It failed to uninstall gameguard from my system. I tried deleting the the whole nexon folder and my computer says it's being accessed thus cannot be removed. This is VERY annoying and is akin to installing a spyware/trojan on my computer.

Edit: I finally figured out how to remove gameguard and have to manually remove it.. very annoying piece of shit software *shake head*.

Comments

• paulscottpaulscott Member Posts: 5,613

It's called beta for a reason, now be a good beta tester and tell the dev team.   Not us.

I find it amazing that by 2020 first world countries will be competing to get immigrants.

• bobfishbobfish Member UncommonPosts: 1,679

Gameguard has been an annoying piece of crap since it was invented, unfortunately it also the most common anti-cheat software for F2P MMOs out there.

Just got to live with it if you want to play some F2P MMOs.

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    Originally posted by paulscott

It's called beta for a reason, now be a good beta tester and tell the dev team.   Not us.

He's not talking about the game, he's talking about that crap anti-hacking bs GameGuard. And it can be a pain in the ass to remove from your system no matter what game it comes with. It's the asian securerom.

• paulscottpaulscott Member Posts: 5,613

wow what a great company, you're assumed to be a criminal(by their terms) just by using their stuff.

I find it amazing that by 2020 first world countries will be competing to get immigrants.

• FeldronFeldron Member UncommonPosts: 337

gameguard is made by INCA

INCA is no help with any problems

you will have to boot into safe mode and remove it

Again nexon and dev cat have nothing to do with gamegaurd other then INCA made it to protect their game from cheaters and botters