Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PVP is great fun :D Thanks

Jenus1Jenus1 Member Posts: 162

Well i am level 90 now and have a good expertise tree i believe, past couple of days I have been doing PVP with my guild, fighting for the Imperials, (RAAGH).

It is a-lot of fun and i just wanted to thank obraik for getting me into the game, I finally found an MMO that i enjoy and isn't linear :D, I nearly listened to the negative feedback from people that hadn't played the game in 2 years, but I am glad i didn't , Thank-you :)

Maybe we will meet in PVP

Until then /salute

Pre-cu Fanbois,
There will be no rollback.
Go outside - Get a life,
It's not coming back.
We arn't giving you your game-back.
So go outside, and realize that you've wasted 2 years.
Pre-cu Fanbois.

Comments

• BadgerSmakerBadgerSmaker Member Posts: 629

I love SWG PvP, it's pretty much all I do in game these days because it's so addictive.

Glad to hear that you are enjoying it as well, Jenus1!

• Thunder_birdThunder_bird Member Posts: 47

yeah swg pvp is awesome, when the imps arent running!

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261

You're on Chilastra as well, right?  I'll look out for you in Restuss (assuming you gimme your IG name ;) ).  Good to hear you're having fun, too!

• Mr.WizardMr.Wizard Member UncommonPosts: 243

meaningless pvp, oh what fun. *kill kill* *die* *clone*  *pay the droid 5k* and *kill kill again* can somebody explain me the fun? There are no vehicles in pvp as well.. nothing epic just  *pew pew*, *hack 'n slash*.

people listening to Obraik become crazy fanbois who accept any crappy stuff i tell ya.. <.<

dont come with that "people who haven't played for 2 years" junk, i still got (and only god knows why) a sub. Trust me, you'll be bored of all this repetitive stuff within a year :) This game still doesn't live up its potential and hopefully soon won't have to anymore.

anyway.. have fun

• saaysaay Member Posts: 455
    Originally posted by Mr.Wizard

meaningless pvp, oh what fun. *kill kill* *die* *clone*  *pay the droid 5k* and *kill kill again* can somebody explain me the fun? There are no vehicles in pvp as well.. nothing epic just  *pew pew*, *hack 'n slash*.
    people listening to Obraik become crazy fanbois who accept any crappy stuff i tell ya.. <.<

dont come with that "people who haven't played for 2 years" junk, i still got (and only god knows why) a sub. Trust me, you'll be bored of all this repetitive stuff within a year :) This game still doesn't live up its potential and hopefully soon won't have to anymore.

anyway.. have fun

I can see the problem, when you tried to pvp you just went overt and put on auto-attack, you're bound to have no fun and die alot that way. Try moving about, joining a group, using your specials; its very much about tactics and people find this fun - plus you have the end goal of gaining GCW as well. You can use vehicles to move about in PVP, the factional BARC is armored and is ideal for this, also you can use ships in space to PvP.

i tried pvp and its one of the suckiest you can find in any game. Worst of all, they had to ruin a town for it and just don't move on to other places and something more epic. These guys at SOE have absolutely no clue what players want to see in the game.

Most who play dont find it the "suckiest" and IMO when restuss blew up it was pretty damn epic, not to mention that peopl setup PvP events elsewhere and guild wars result in battles popping up everywhere.

i tried pvp and its one of the suckiest you can find in any game. Worst of all, they had to ruin a town for it and just don't move on to other places and something more epic. These guys at SOE have absolutely no clue what players want to see in the game.
    By the sounds of things, no, you didn't really try PvP.  You probably had a bad experience because *gasp*, you hadn't developed any techniques for PvP.  It's not something you can just jump into and be good at.

Ruined a city?  Restuss?  Yeah, because Restuss was such a lively place before hand.  I beg to differ on the "no clue what they want" claim in regards to Restuss.  For the longest time, people had been asking for a PvP battle zone in the game and Restuss (and the other 3 GCW bases) finally answered that request.  The event itself was so well attended that a few servers even crashed.  The event on Chilastra can be seen here, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqB-fcwHM_w

• clipwhiteclipwhite Member Posts: 28

I have good fun also in PvP, both space and ground, and there is always the surprise action that occurs when a bounty hunter comes a knocking!  Good fun all in all.

• Jenus1Jenus1 Member Posts: 162

If you don't enjoy the game please move-on, coming here into the Star wars galaxies forum (Why?) and saying it's the 'worst of all' is purely your opinion.

Please just leave and don't try to justify anything.

Have fun

Pre-cu Fanbois,
    Go outside - Get a life,
    It's not coming back.
    Pre-cu Fanbois.

• BaronJuJuBaronJuJu Member UncommonPosts: 1,832

Off topic but:

Welcome to the boards here BadgerSmaker!

"If we don't attack them, they will attack us first. So we'd better retaliate before they have a chance to strike"

Originally posted by clipwhite

I have good fun also in PvP, both space and ground, and there is always the surprise action that occurs when a bounty hunter comes a knocking!  Good fun all in all.

Try Battlefront or battlefront II and then come back. You'll see how bad pvp in SWG is.

@ the 'great' obraik : sure as hell i have done pvp. That i cant seem to win or what else doesn't have a damn thing to do with it. Its meaningless, not epic and just a boring grind!

im happy to be here, have fun!

• Darth_PeteDarth_Pete Member Posts: 559

Nice video Obraik.

I haven't really tried the NGE pvp so what is there to gain/loose ? I know that recording eats up some performance but is it really that bad (1-10 fps)?

WoW kinda spoiled me when it comes to fps and smooth working pvp.

• Jenus1Jenus1 Member Posts: 162
    Originally posted by Darth_Pete

Nice video Obraik.
    I haven't really tried the NGE pvp so what is there to gain/loose ? I know that recording eats up some performance but is it really that bad (1-10 fps)?

I'd guess that was recorded on some old hardware, im running 2gb 1.86 8800gts and never lag even when the going gets to 50v50.

Pre-cu Fanbois,
    Go outside - Get a life,
    It's not coming back.
    Pre-cu Fanbois.

• roamieroamie Member Posts: 115

So there are still well populated PVP Servers ? Could you recommend one?

Originally posted by Darth_Pete

Nice video Obraik.
    That was back when I only had a Nvidia 6600GT...however the amount of people participating, combined with the NPC's and effects of the event were rather taxing even on the highend systems of the time.  Of course, Fraps typically drops my framerate by 10.

Also remember that SWG's graphics are much more detailed then WoWs.  Every character can have a slightly different character structure and your client needs to draw all those differences - naturally the more you have in an area the more it must draw.

• Par`a`doxPar`a`dox Member Posts: 12

Youre kidding me with this crap right?

PvP =Buffs wars. 

Only way to get those buffs are through grinding for tons of hours on the galactic civil war, not to mention that Jedi ar ethe unspoken Jedi class.... again. 

Force run away, 24/7 snare, and just run back when their heal is done... the pvp is the worst ive seen in a damn long time.

I'd rather take searing hot spoons and stick them in my eyes. 

• BadgerSmakerBadgerSmaker Member Posts: 629

Originally posted by Par`a`dox

PvP =Buffs wars. 
    Only way to get those buffs are through grinding for tons of hours on the galactic civil war, not to mention that Jedi ar ethe unspoken Jedi class.... again. 
     Force run away, 24/7 snare, and just run back when their heal is done... the pvp is the worst ive seen in a damn long time.
    There is a counter to Force Run now, in the form of Smuggler and Bounty Hunter Dire Snare, I play a Smuggler in PvP usually and it's great fun to nail those running Jedi with Dire Snare, debuff their defence and attack and take them down.

The Jedi profession is quite balanced in SWG PvP these days.

• hubertgrovehubertgrove Member Posts: 1,141
    Originally posted by Obraik

By the sounds of things, no, you didn't really try PvP.  You probably had a bad experience because *gasp*, you hadn't developed any techniques for PvP.  It's not something you can just jump into and be good at.

Ruined a city?  Restuss?  Yeah, because Restuss was such a lively place before hand.  I beg to differ on the "no clue what they want" claim in regards to Restuss.  For the longest time, people had been asking for a PvP battle zone in the game and Restuss (and the other 3 GCW bases) finally answered that request.  The event itself was so well attended that a few servers even crashed.  The event on Chilastra can be seen here, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqB-fcwHM_w

I agree with Mr. Wizard. I have an existing sub character and regularly PvP on Bria. I personally find the combat system since NGE absolutely counter-intuitive and complicated - rather than complex. Though the old 'step' system had problems, I found it a smoother fighting system that allowed for more sophisticated fighting, including mover-countermove options, that the current keyboard mashing-while-keeping-cursor-on-target just does not offer. i feel that the current combat system - and in fact the entire NGE GUI - is a serious degradation of the former game.

Originally posted by hubertgrove

Originally posted by Obraik

I agree with Mr. Wizard. I have an existing sub character and regularly PvP on Bria. I personally find the combat system since NGE absolutely counter-intuitive and complicated - rather than complex. Though the old 'step' system had problems, I found it a smoother fighting system that allowed for more sophisticated fighting, including mover-countermove options, that the current keyboard mashing-while-keeping-cursor-on-target just does not offer. i feel that the current combat system - and in fact the entire NGE GUI - is a serious degradation of the former game.

You may need to fiddle with your control options a bit, you certainly dont have to keep your mouse on the target, theres an auto attack and intended target, once you have these on you just need to know when to fire your specials.

• rejadrejad Member Posts: 346

Originally posted by BadgerSmaker

Originally posted by Par`a`dox

PvP =Buffs wars. 
    There is a counter to Force Run now, in the form of Smuggler and Bounty Hunter Dire Snare, I play a Smuggler in PvP usually and it's great fun to nail those running Jedi with Dire Snare, debuff their defence and attack and take them down.

The Jedi profession is quite balanced in SWG PvP these days.

Which you have to grind to get.  Look, I'm fine with the current state of PvP.  To me it feels fast paced like an FPS.  My only problem with it is that they keep adding in more "must have" things you have to do endlessly boring grinds for.  To me the NGE game was nothing but PvP, but forcing me back out into the PvE world in a system that totally sucks for PvE, that was it for me.

If I want to play a loot-based game, I'll play one without bugs and lag.  You know which game I'm talking about.