Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Free" 7 day trial

MosqMosq Member Posts: 67

L.s.,

Allthough Fileplanet states one needs a cc to be able to play DAoC I reckoned that would only b needed to play after the trial. But, it seem Mythic uses a rather unusual definition of "trial". Most developpers, gamers or anyone else would let a person play the 7 days for free to see if he/she likes the game and wants to subscribe to it. Mythic however demands at least a 1 month subscription after the "trial" to be able to play the "trial". ::::27::

I for one will not pay for this "trial" while there r so many more MMORPGs on the market to try out. Now, is it just me who thinks this "7 day free trial" should b renamed or does anyone else feel the same? "7 free days when signing up" would b more accurate I reckon. Currently I think the offer is rather misleading.

Regards.

Comments

• teddy_bareteddy_bare Member UncommonPosts: 398

Actually, and quite unfortunatly, this is how alot of the "free" trials work. I've run into this so many times with supposedly free trials that I've just given up on em. EQ, Horizons, SWG, DAoC, AC2, Planetside and Shadowbane to name a few, have all been guilty of the "free" ,if you pony up your CC info first, trials.

However, DAoC IS a great game and I would recomend it to anyone.

4:20

• MosqMosq Member Posts: 67

Ah hmm, yes, I just noticed the same goes for AO. Tnx for the heads up, I didn't really notice before. I know for sure SWGs trial doesn't require a cc though.

I reckon I'll keep your recommendation in mind, I might just sign up for 1 months to see what the game's like.

Tnx.

• moonfiremoonfire Member Posts: 4

Well, I must say that your statement concerning Anarchy Online is not entirely correct. I had a completely free rtial when I downloaded the game in February. I was not forced into paying for a full month subscription in order to play the 7 days trial. It was only when the 7 days were over that I had to pay for a monthly subscription and for the game I had downloaded, which I happuily did because it is a great game.

Just thought I had to correct this little mistake. No hard feelings. image

• sliversliver Member Posts: 132

Most mmos do that, and theres usually not a problem doing that unless you forget to cancel your subscription after the trial is up. They will charge you for a month, no questions asked.

• wiggy101wiggy101 Member Posts: 7

I signed up for the DAOC "come back to camelot" thingy and no sooner did I sign up and it charged my card for 1 month. It states that you can come back for 14 day... but they charged me right away.

I started to reach for the phone and thought better of it. Life is too short. I will be more careful next time.image

• HelldogHelldog Member Posts: 169

its a good system, too many people that want to profit from the trial because they don't wanna pay........

just enter credit card info and immediately cancel your account and it should work perfect for the 7 or 14 days the trial is supposed to last...

• JodokaiJodokai Member Posts: 1,621

Originally posted by Helldog

its a good system, too many people that want to profit from the trial because they don't wanna pay........
    just enter credit card info and immediately cancel your account and it should work perfect for the 7 or 14 days the trial is supposed to last...

Um I always thought the point of being "free" is so you don't have to pay

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

Originally posted by Jodokai

Originally posted by Helldog

Um I always thought the point of being "free" is so you don't have to pay

LOL. You do have a point there.

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• Medivh1984Medivh1984 Member Posts: 24
    As has been said, with DAoC and alot of games, they want a Credit Card, and clearly state that at the end of your 7 Day Trial, if you have not canceled, you'll be charged for a month. It's how my DAoC worked, I did my 7 day trial, then canceled it and went to get the full Platinum Boxed set with all the expansions :) If you don't pay attention and cancel on time, then yes, they will charge you :P

'We Few, We Happy Few, We Band....Are Brothers!'

• JennysMindJennysMind Member UncommonPosts: 869

Actually, and quite unfortunatly, this is how alot of the "free" trials work. I've run into this so many times with supposedly free trials that I've just given up on em. EQ, Horizons, SWG, DAoC, AC2,

I don't know where you found that AC2 needs CC info to play the free trial. You do have to get an MS passport account at the moment, but no CC info. In fact you can play the free trial as many times as you want by creating new accounts.