Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of Conan pushed back to Christmas 2009

Pjay2kPjay2k Member CommonPosts: 260

thats my bet :)

I am pretty sure they will not be able to hold their current release date of march 25 2008...

who is willing to bet that they will push back the release date from march 25 to somewhere november/ december 2009 ?

how come ? well let me explain:

funcom stated in november 2007 that age of conaon IS actually finished and that if they wanted, they could already release the game (thats what they said in october/ november 2007, do you guys remember that statement ?)

so they officially lied to the community when they said "well you know, we could actually release age of conan, just working on some polishement stuff"

by now, everyone knows that they have not implemented crafting yet and that this game is far away from just beeing "polished"

so my bet is: age of conan wll be pushed back again to winter 2009.

time will tell I guess, but I already made a screenshot of this post, so I can show you what I wrote in march 2008, when they push back this game again :)

SOE and NGE-Star Wars Galalaxies:
Raph Koster: "It's like dumping the girlfriend who has always been patient and loving to chase after the supermodel who probably won't love you back."

Comments

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

Can you please not be so useless as to make a pure speculation thread with a "matter of fact" topic?

I came here to see a link to a possible announcement, only to be greeted by your bullcrap.

• OrphesOrphes Member UncommonPosts: 3,039

Let them, assuming I'm still alive I'm still going to buy the game.

I'm so broke. I can't even pay attention.
    "You have the right not to be killed"

• gadunkgadunk Member UncommonPosts: 164

who cares? as long as the game works after I pay my $50 for it, I don't care when it comes out. if it's 2009, fine whatever, as long as it's not a waste of money. Let them take all the time they need. All you people crying about how they lied blabla need to go ahead and buy some unfinished junk, not Free-to-play, something you pay for, and see how you feel about games being released before the dev team thinks it's actually ready. I think it's nice they're taking pride in their product and not just shoving junk out the door to pay some bills.

You may want to get at least your facts straight there Nostrodamus. The game was already pushed back to May from March.

• MortorinMortorin Member UncommonPosts: 46

Erm, it's already been announced a few weeks ago that the release date has been pushed back to the 20th of May

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188

Originally posted by Pjay2k

I am pretty sure they will not be able to hold their current release date of march 25 2008...
    who is willing to bet that they will push back the release date from march 25 to somewhere november/ december 2009 ?
    funcom stated in november 2007 that age of conaon IS actually finished and that if they wanted, they could already release the game (thats what they said in october/ november 2007, do you guys remember that statement ?)
    so they officially lied to the community when they said "well you know, we could actually release age of conan, just working on some polishement stuff"
    by now, everyone knows that they have not implemented crafting yet and that this game is far away from just beeing "polished"
    time will tell I guess, but I already made a screenshot of this post, so I can show you what I wrote in march 2008, when they push back this game again :)
    Whatever mate.

Seen it with my own eyes and played it. It will release May, it could of released March. They listened to feedback to make the game better - bad thing? thats right its good to communicate.

Remember Warhammer got pushed back for some starting area's? Thats right there are a few games out there that when they do get released will off being postponed over a year. Big deal its the nature of the business.

You need to put a question mark at the end if the topic title.

• singsofdeathsingsofdeath Member UncommonPosts: 1,812

Considering you even missed the announcement that the release date was pushed back from March 25th to May 20th, I really don't put too much stock in your speculations. You don#t seem to be following the development of the game very much. ^_^

• Pjay2kPjay2k Member CommonPosts: 260

Originally posted by singsofdeath

Considering you even missed the announcement that the release date was pushed back from March 25th to May 20th, I really don't put too much stock in your speculations. You don#t seem to be following the development of the game very much. ^_^

I know that they officially pushed back to may 25, 2008 and I followed the developement progress and there is nothing bad about pushing back a release date for the quality of a product...

but telling the community "hey guys this game is actually finished" when its clear that its not, is something differenent..

but it seems like everyone has turned into fanbois by now :)

I dont want this game to fail, I just want gaming companies to be honest to their community, thats the whole point of this thread...

if your game is not finished, then dont pretend that its the best thing ever goin to happen :)

its people like me who put those companies under pressure for the benefit of the community...

we are at your side, not the gaming companies, they just want to make $$$ (best example: Sony Online Entertainement)

Raph Koster: "It's like dumping the girlfriend who has always been patient and loving to chase after the supermodel who probably won't love you back."

• singsofdeathsingsofdeath Member UncommonPosts: 1,812

I know that they officially pushed back to march 25, 2008 and I followed the developement progress and there is nothing bad about pushing back a release date for the quality of a product...

but telling the community "hey guys this game is actually finished" when its clear that its not, is something differenent..

I dont want this game to fail, I just want gaming companies to be honest to their community, thats the whole point of this thread...

if your game is not finished, then dont pretend that its the best thing ever goin to happen :)

No further comments.

• MortorinMortorin Member UncommonPosts: 46

I know that they officially pushed back to march 25, 2008 and I followed the developement progress and there is nothing bad about pushing back a release date for the quality of a product...

NO, your just not getting it are you? read what I and this other poster has posted . . .

The release date is not March 25th anymore - everyone (except you obviously) has known for weeks, since it was announced officially, that the release date is now going be the 20th OF MAY!

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188

And the game is pretty much finished, the 8 week delay is for extra polishing from guys like us who post on forums about the genre we have fondness for, who grumble about things being perfect.

So FYI this game doesnt need some type of saviour or crusader, its doing fine on its own merits and when released people will see for themselves.

• Pjay2kPjay2k Member CommonPosts: 260

Originally posted by Morton

NO, your just not getting it are you? read what I and this other poster has posted . . .

The release date is not March 25th anymore - everyone (except you obviously) has known for weeks, since it was announced officially, that the release date is now going be the 20th OF MAY!

I meant may, not march sorry (mmorpg.com announced it a few weeks ago)

my english is not so good, so I confused march and may :)

• Psiho246Psiho246 Member Posts: 482

I very much doubt that 2009 will be release date, they would sooner release it unfinished then to compete with WAR and WOTLK on the market.

The game looks pretty much finished on vids anyways, so i doubt there will be any more release date push backs.

• FuggoFuggo Member Posts: 121

They can't push it more.

[Earthrise ss in my profile][Coming out Q2 2010]

• FalfeirFalfeir Member UncommonPosts: 492

Originally posted by Xasapis

Can you please not be so useless as to make a pure speculation thread with a "matter of fact" topic?
    I came here to see a link to a possible announcement, only to be greeted by your bullcrap.

same here.

though im glad its crap. never thought seeing such a thing would make me glad.  *shrug*

I need more vespene gas.

• ShotgunJoeShotgunJoe Member Posts: 120

This thread delivers.

Notice he has not said a word to address the poster that has actually seen and played the game more than any of us.

• PoxterPoxter Member Posts: 3

Imo the only thing thas gonna delay this game a little would be if they found a major bug... and that would be max 2 month.

If you look at the grafic the details and the game play, then try to compare it to the the other mmorpg releases (thats allready on the market) then you can see how far they are...

If you are confused, because they dont give to much info about the game... then try to see it like this... if you new the ending and the way a movie was going to play out before you are going to see it... then you would prob not go see it ...

So imo they dont want to spoil the game. wich i appriciate alot.

wel just my openion.

• FE|TachyonFE|Tachyon Member UncommonPosts: 652

According to the Lastest Q&A video, the game was pushed back to do some changes they didn't plan on doing, but overwhelming Beta feedback indicated that, adjustments to the game pace would favor a more positive experience.    I've agreed with this just based on watching videos.   Fights were long and drawn out.   I'm glad they've decided to tweak this.   They could have released, and had a big arse patch in 2 months, but  the community would scream, about releasing a game that wasn't 100%.  The game community is a bunch of hypocrits.   They'll scream about pushing a release date in one thread,  and then start another about how they hate companies for pushing an unfinished game out on them.   Well you can't have it both ways.

• andmillerandmiller Member Posts: 374

Originally posted by Xasapis

Agreed.  Why do people do that?

I guess it worked, we all followed the thread.  What an a-hole.

• WolfClawsWolfClaws Member UncommonPosts: 638

Someone delete this post... geez... all he wants is attention.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508

Or, as in your case, a troll.

Consider creating more accurate forum titles, don't post them like they are news when they're speculation.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

This discussion has been closed.