Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Collector's Edition info!

2»

Comments

• ImpyrielImpyriel Member UncommonPosts: 711

Originally posted by Kordesh

Originally posted by Impyriel

Originally posted by Sornin

Originally posted by Kordesh

Originally posted by Sornin

(Note, I scraped the 12 exlusive quests because I'm almost positive  the 12 quests are for the 12 heads.
    I think you are wrong here.

To me, it makes no sense to have to make a character to quest a head to make another character.

I am quite confident that the quests have nothing to do with the heads, but hey, I could be wrong.

Well, it seems highly coincidental that there would be 12 heads and then exactly 12 quests for each race. Considering the trend of "expanding" features by breaking them down into steps so you can list each one on the box that is done in game marketing, I would highly expect it to be the case. I'll admit, there is the possibility I'm wrong though.

Coincidence? I think so.

I think it is a case of things coming in small numbers and being divided between six armies evenly, which gives a high probability things will match up.

It sounds like each army will get 2 exclusive heads, one for each sex (or in the case of the Greenskins, an Orc one and a Goblin one). As for the quests, how many could they reasonably include before pissing off the standard-edition players? I think 2 per army is just about reaching that limit, and just 1 sounds too wimpy. You never want to give too much extra game to people who simply pay more.

At any rate, if the heads are the rewards, I will be somewhat disappointed. I certainly do not want the quest rewards to be anything that would lead to imbalance, but I want them to at least be interesting and cool, not something you should get right at the character creation screen. Just some statless aesthetic items would be fine for me. Maybe a cool cloak or something.

Further information may illuminate this subject, and release will certainly settle it.

If this information is in fact valid, I doubt they would list the 12 quests ( with 12 rewards) then 12 character heads seperately. It would be 12 quests (with 12 character head rewards). I don't think they are that deceptive.

Thats the thing however. Its not deceptive. They included 12 quests, and they included 12 heads, and they included 12 rewards. They just didnt happen to tell you how all of that played out. It's a very very common thing amongst collectors editions. I mean hell, they put "manual!" as a "feature" of the collectors edition. The point with these lists is to bloat them as much as possible to give the impression of more value than is actually being offered. As I said, its all basic marketing. That being said however, the remaining features aren't half bad, especially the art book.

Other posters have given reasons to why it would be nonsensical to correlate the two. If you want to believe it fine, hell I don't believe any of this until I see it on the Herald first.

it would be deception if in fact they bloated the information with the intention to give an impression of more value. I just don't think that would be something for which they would provide two bullet points. Just like you say the manual is listed. It is a seperate addition to the content.

• ElshiraElshira Member UncommonPosts: 44

Thanks for posting info.

Now all I have to do is wait for it.   ugh the wait!

• defenestratedefenestrate Member CommonPosts: 578

WRONG! Josh already commented on it in another fansite, this statement of what the collectors edition is totally speculation until Mythic say otherwise.

• elcabong666elcabong666 Member Posts: 31

Cool, extra quests sound awesome.  I have it  pre-ordered at my local gamestop.  I have to change it to the CE when they have it listed (hopefully soon).

• CelestianCelestian Member UncommonPosts: 1,136

Wonder if this information was correct because the site removed the details.

• HocheteHochete Member CommonPosts: 1,210

I just hope they don't screw Europe around with pre-orders/CE's like so many other games have done recently.

• ShijukiShijuki Member UncommonPosts: 318

Geez, the price tag on the CE from the first link is almost at 170 bucks, insane.

• todeswulftodeswulf Member Posts: 715

I'l be picking up the CE after watching my friend who is in the beta  I  canceled my AoC account  and haven't logged on to that beta since.  Aside form (for me at least your mileage may vary)  a lot more fun to play, the beta community in WAR is a hell of a lot more mature...which means that more relevant stuff is getting tested  (aside from the fact that the focus testing  is working very well)   keep in mind though I'm a huge WH tabletop fan so that has had a lot to do with my decision.

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301
    Originally posted by SpiritofGame

Here ---> www.spelbutiken.se/php-bin/produkt.php
    Collector’s Edition content:

In-Game:

12 exclusive quest (two for each army)12 exclusive quest rewards (one for each quest)
    12 exclusive character heads
    Special player title
    30 days of free game play

In-Box

Game on 2 DVD
    Manual
    Exclusive Mousepad
    WAR Graphic Novel
    Art Book/Atlas
    Exclusive Warhammer Miniature

~~~

I'll probably dont play this game but, it looks like a really good collector's edition. Giving exclusive quest is an innovative and good idea.

• xzevexzeve Member Posts: 182

i like the idea of the exclusive quests, and some warhammer models. Never been a fan of mousepads that was designed for 1 game, 99.9% of em is made way to cheap and therefor sux compared to a quality mousepad. Atlas etc is allways a fun thing, but never "really" usefull.

When it comes to the speciel "head-design" i hope that its not from the quests, that would just be to cheap !!!

And a speciel player title... .meh.. there will be so many titles to chose from, what would i with an xtra telling other ppl i have payed alot for my WAR copy? ;)

That said, ofc  I want the collectors edition! i just think some of the stuff is useless, and dont think many will use em at all. Gief some of the crazy, cheap sunglasses used for the podcasts, insted of the title !! =)

• SorninSornin Member Posts: 1,133

And a speciel player title... .meh.. there will be so many titles to chose from, what would i with an xtra telling other ppl i have payed alot for my WAR copy? ;)
    Heh, I know what the title would be, too: "the Sucker"

And yes, you will see "Sornin the Sucker" running around, so that all will know I overpaid for a game.

• xenogiasxenogias Member Posts: 1,926

For me it still all depends on how its distributed. If for example, I will be able to DL the client early and get in a day or so early yessir I will be getting the CE.

My problem is my location. Its a medium city but for some reason we have no freaking game stores like EB, best buy, circuit city ect. I am left with Wallmart and K-mart and when they DO do a preorder its usually for a crappy game that is pointless to preorder. Hell they didnt even do preorders for WoW. I was one of about 200 people that gathered at Wallmart at 11pm waiting for them to bring out WoW. All of us where in the electronics department and at midnight a stock person came out, asked what all of us wanted and we had to wait another hour untill they even found there freaking coppies.

So unfortunatly for me, the area I live in completely blows for a gamer. The closest area with a store that has half a clue is an hour drive away. So I am hoping when official info is released an early download regardless of getting in early will happen. Otherwise I will take the day off work and probably just buy a regular copy depending on what the official responce is on what the CE has.

Take this info with a grain of salt people. Untill Mythic themself says what the CE is its all speculation.

• LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371

Quests/Heads and Novel i want. My wife and i play almost every game out there, and have never bought a CE but this one we are without a doubt. Can t wait damn i can t wait hehe

• SanjoslayerSanjoslayer Member Posts: 55

It bugs me that AoC and WTLK are both front page and on best sellers, but WAR is not. Hmm, I wonder if it is a lack of advertising...

I doubt it is due to lack of release date, WTLK is predicted to launch later then WAR with no real release and it is still a best seller lol.

Very nice collecter's addition however. Hopefully the price is just as good.

• kintrikkintrik Member Posts: 194

WTLK is higher because it is a WoW expansion, you can't have that many subscribers and not have it listed.

AoC is listed because it was supposed to release soon, then they pushed it back.

When WAR gets close to release (ie when they set a firm date) you'll see them go gold and what not, but most MMO vets don't preorder too early anymore. we've been burned too many times.

• Timberwolf0Timberwolf0 Member Posts: 424

I disagree. The aforementioned collectors edition is not cool. I think the in box stuff is great and worthwhile, but in game quests and rewards is lame and could give an unfair advantage to people willing to pay more money. That's just a step away from in game item malls. Bad call mythic.

• mmonkeymmonkey Member Posts: 171

I suspect that in-game quest rewards will either be novelty items or nice pieces of gear for early levels (which don't usually last very long)

My concern is about the heads. Does anyone else think thousands of players will be running around with the same heads because they are exclusice to the CE? I think it pretty much guarantees that you're character will look like everyone else's. At least while the game is still relatively new.

Can you change your head later in-game? Or are are you stuck with that choice for as long as you play that character?

• xenogiasxenogias Member Posts: 1,926

Originally posted by Timberwolf0

I disagree. The aforementioned collectors edition is not cool. I think the in box stuff is great and worthwhile, but in game quests and rewards is lame and could give an unfair advantage to people willing to pay more money. That's just a step away from in game item malls. Bad call mythic.
    First we dont know if this is 100% accurate or not. Second we have no clue what the quest rewards will be. Could just be a special trophy to show off. Maybe an extra trophy slot. Saying its already giving an unfair advantage is ridiculous.

Again though, this is not 100% confirmed.

As far as them adding a new head in the CE I doubt it will make everyone look the same. People who buy the CE are still going to make there character look how they want.

I still say dont put to much stock into this information people, at least not till mythic confirms or denys it.

• mmonkeymmonkey Member Posts: 171

I agree that's it too soon that call this info confirmed. But hell, there's not much WAR stuff to talk about so I'm just gonna go with it for now.  haha

• SempaiEclipseSempaiEclipse Member Posts: 164
    Originally posted by SpiritofGame

Here ---> www.spelbutiken.se/php-bin/produkt.php

In-Game:

12 exclusive quest (two for each army)12 exclusive quest rewards (one for each quest)
    12 exclusive character heads
    Special player title
    30 days of free game play

In-Box

Game on 2 DVD
    Manual
    Exclusive Mousepad
    WAR Graphic Novel
    Art Book/Atlas
    Exclusive Warhammer Miniature

~~~

wow, that isn't bad at deal..

Thanks Impyriel for the sig^^

• natevoninatevoni Member Posts: 102

Originally posted by Timberwolf0

Sorry but I have to speak up on this one.  "Unfair advantage", lets think about this.  The quest item is likely to be a low lvl quest, and any item you receive from these quests is likely to be made for looks more than utility. 

Crying "Unfair" on anything related to a collectors edition item is like the healer crying "Nerf" on the DPS who just ate his face...get real.

• ArudanelArudanel Member Posts: 47
    12 quests- 2 for each faction. 12 heads=2 heads for each faction. I'd say it definately is co-incidence. They just made 2 of each.
  • Daidalos7Daidalos7 Member Posts: 28

• In-Game:
      • 12 exclusive quest (two for each army)12 exclusive quest rewards (one for each quest)
      • 12 exclusive character heads
      • Special player title
      • 30 days of free game play
    • In-Box
      • Game on 2 DVD
      • Manual
      • Exclusive Mousepad
      • WAR Graphic Novel
      • Art Book/Atlas
      • Exclusive Warhammer Miniature

Wow!! I do not know what is more tempting!!! The quest thing or the Miniature???

Does anyone have any idea what miniature is this going to be? Surly hope it is a Dwarf runelord  = )

• altairzqaltairzq Member Posts: 3,811

I hate when CE have an impact on in-game stuff. It forces you to buy it... I just need those heads... well that's the whole point, I know.