Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nice engine demo, now WHEN ?

Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316

Did they say anything other than coming soon, which means nothing.

Comments

• DarkholmeDarkholme Member UncommonPosts: 1,212

Originally posted by Aguitha

They haven't set a date or made any indications of a timeline yet afaik. I've been watching the official forums for any news, but nothing yet...

-------------------------
    "Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P.Lovecraft, "From Beyond"

Member Since March 2004

• burmeseburmese Member Posts: 546

They have indicated in comments last year that the engine was due to go online this year.  I suspect we'll see it before the 4th quarter.

~\_/~\_O

• TucheTuche Member UncommonPosts: 205

new graph engine ?

videos ?

• DarkholmeDarkholme Member UncommonPosts: 1,212

Originally posted by Tuche

new graph engine ?
    videos ?
    One thread below this one has the link...

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/163799

-------------------------
    "Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P.Lovecraft, "From Beyond"

Member Since March 2004

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    Originally posted by Aguitha

www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/setview/features/loadFeature/1718/gameID/10

• DoomcowDoomcow Member Posts: 10

I'd definitely say its going to come out before 2009. later stages of 2008. can say that with good confidence

Doomcow 216\15 Adventurer Rimor

www.myspace.com/charlie_macz

• ArawonArawon Member Posts: 1,108

Very impressive teaser. I wish it was here before late this year.

• StoissStoiss Member UncommonPosts: 10

FC stated that the initial plan was a move to the new engine, only.

No words on new meshes / textues or animations, yet.

Seeing how they got a running demo one can hope that they are only left with bug fixes/tweaks before they release it to the test servers. Once it's on test it wont be long be fore it hits live. I'm still hoping for 1 or 2 Q.

Personally I'm happy to see a graphics engine upgrade on my favorite MMO. It will be nice to move some of the load off my CPU on onto my idling GPU. When I upgraded from GF2 to GF4 I didn't see an improvement. I expect to see that now.

Should FC decide to throw in new textures/meshes/animations once the upgrade is complete, I'll consider it an added bonus.

• RastonRaston Member Posts: 438

even if they do not upgrade landscape textures, I hope they do redo the model ones.  I never really had problems with the landscape, it was the models that were so atrocious as to not be funny.

• theratmonkeytheratmonkey Member Posts: 684

I'm sure the character models will receive some work done on them. I mean, it wouldn't make sense to leave them as they are while making that big of improvement to the world. -,0

But very impressive work so far.

I think I will start downloading AO now...>.>

Groovy.

• RastonRaston Member Posts: 438

I've recently started playing again myself and without having a second account to pull me away (had been in EQ2 until recently) the game is much more fun.