Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Experienced Player looking for.....

skets47skets47 Member Posts: 6

Hello everybody,

Let me introduce myself really quick. Im a gamer have been since i was 8. I play around 20 to 40 hours a week. Ive literally played every type of game out there. Ive played tons of games past 700+ hours. I even have games standing on 2000+ hours. So I can safely say I have plenty of experience in gaming.

As of now I just stopted playing EVE-Online because simply it was not challenging enough anymore for me. I played this game for nearly a year (800+ hours) among other games. Well this was my last MMO wich really grabbed me. But as of now Im bored to death....

Is there any game out there worth checking out?? These games you can exclude.

Free MMO's... eternal grinding MMO's.... Lack of professions aka nothing to do except one thing MMO's.

I need something fresh, something wich is unlike any other mmo.. and please dont say wow...... its such a standard mmo concept. gimme something good!!!

Comments

• VincenzVincenz Member Posts: 1,498

While I'm not a fan, LOTRO has a lot of  non-combat activities and stuff to do that may be worth a trial.

• ZarVexZarVex Member Posts: 10

You have the same problem as me it sounds. I played eve for a year and a half and got bored, Conquer-online for a year (worst game ever), Knight online for 1 and a half before me and some friends went to eve,  tried City of villians to take a few days away from eve it was fun but didn't really have any equipment to get only thing it seemed you needed to strive for was leveling and thats boring I can level all day but its no fun unless im leveling for more then one purpose.

I played each game for like 5 hours a day at least. I was 15-16 ( couldnt drive) now that I can I have more of a life so I only play a few hours here and there except on the week ends I game all day If im at my bros (were my computer is).

Let me know what game you choose.

• vaizardvaizard Member Posts: 130

"A part time job" game

• skets47skets47 Member Posts: 6

LOTRO rgr.. will check it out, does it have a 14 day free trial??

And what else is there?? There must be some game wich has awesome gameplay?? There must be something more for the veterans among us? the elites the professionals, the pwnerers??? 

Or did mmo world fall into abiss aswell?? 

Come on players... what is a good game wich will keep the veteran player up for years??????

• DeivosDeivos Member EpicPosts: 3,692

LotRO has a 7 day trial.

As far as i can tell there really isn't any  grand game that will hold your attention for all that long. I just pay for eight different games and play them on and off depending on what I feel like doing right now...

Really, for people who have played games a long time, alot of the games just seem mediocre now. Some do certain things well, but none are good enough at a wide enough range to maintain interest.

"The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners." - Thomas B. Macaulay

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin

meh... thats what i figured.. Been looking for a really good game for 2 years now. I thought I found it with EVE-online. Wich is really a great game, but not for us veterans who still played mario kart on the nes hehe..

Any games outside MMO wich might be able to entertain me longer than 4 hours?

• admiralnlsonadmiralnlson Member UncommonPosts: 240

I also am a hardcore gamer (tried approximately 15 MMOs with 4000 hours of total play time).

I was actually really surprised to see LOTRO as the game with the best rate on mmorpg.com.
    For the 10 minutes I forced myself to play it, it was like I was playing an Asian grindfest yet again. The only thing that I liked was the face of my dwarf, nothing else.
    I like Tolkien's universe, but the game... yuck !

Unfortunately, I have no MMO to suggest (lots of WoW-clones right now).
    The 2 games I really like were :
    - Eve Online, which you already played,
    - Guild Wars, which is nearing its end (Guild Wars 2 being in development) and which can be frustrating if not doing high-level PvP/GvG (which is not possible if you start right now because no "leet skillz" guild will even consider recruiting you :S)

You might want to try other non-MMO online games for the next couple of years though. That's what I'm doing right now. I fear our most-wanted godsend MMO is not coming out soon. :S

---
    Waiting for: GW2
    *thumbs up*: GW, Eve(, WoW)
    *thumbs down*: MO, GA, FE

• batolemaeusbatolemaeus Member CommonPosts: 2,061

Just take a break from Eve, just like nearly everyone who is still playing did.
    Most come back anyways. Some only take weeks, some a month or two. But in the end, you see them coming back.
    Nearly all my corpmembers took a break in the past. And i'd say 9/10 suddenly reappeared after a short while. We even had someone quitting, and after two days he reactivated.. :P

Perfectly normal in my eyes. Be away, and come back with fresh perspectives. I took a break after i lived in my one-man-corp for a month. After that, i moved into 0.0 immediately. But after the current war is over, ill take a break again, too..

Anyways, games for you to enjoy.. potbs? If you liked Eve, you could like "Eve light".. ;)

//edit: btw. hardcore: I still play nethack, and someday will get the amulet of yendor! Does that qualify me as a hardcore gamer? ;)

• Mupp3nMupp3n Member Posts: 56
    Originally posted by admiralnlson

I also am a hardcore gamer (tried approximately 15 MMOs with 4000 hours of total play time).

I was actually really surprised to see LOTRO as the game with the best rate on mmorpg.com.

For the 10 minutes I forced myself to play it, it was like I was playing an Asian grindfest yet again. The only thing that I liked was the face of my dwarf, nothing else.

Unfortunately, I have no MMO to suggest (lots of EQ-clones right now).

The 2 games I really like were Eve Online, which you already played, and Guild Wars, which is nearing its end (Guild Wars 2 being in development).

You might want to try other non-MMO online games for the next couple of years. I fear our most-wanted godsend MMO is not coming soon. :S

Corrected!

Oh, try Lotro, not just 5 levels, try going as high as you can, dont rush it, try explore at the same time.

Try Vanguard?

• TweejTweej Member UncommonPosts: 115

Unfortunately, I have no MMO to suggest (lots of WoW-clones right now).

The 2 games I really like were :

- Eve Online, which you already played,

- Guild Wars, which is nearing its end (Guild Wars 2 being in development) and which can be frustrating if not doing high-level PvP/GvG (which is not possible if you start right now because no "leet skillz" guild will even consider recruiting you :S)
    You might want to try other non-MMO online games for the next couple of years though. That's what I'm doing right now. I fear our most-wanted godsend MMO is not coming out soon. :S

A true hardcore MMO-er... 4000hrs of playtime.... yeh and you really gave LOTRO a chance with 10 mins gameplay and you can condemn it...

to twee, its probably called personal taste....

Ill try lotro for the 7 day trial, and i hope its good...

I dont see a lot in that sailing game... but if lotro is a failure in my eyes ill deff look into it aswell..

Anyways, diff question, perhaps a good old skool MMORPG i should try out once?? remember ive tried all mainstream already so dont need to mention those.

Let me know, imma go dl lotro now :-)

• admiralnlsonadmiralnlson Member UncommonPosts: 240

Originally posted by Tweej
    A true hardcore MMO-er... 4000hrs of playtime.... yeh and you really gave LOTRO a chance with 10 mins gameplay and you can condemn it...
    As the OP said, it's personal taste, obviously.

I think one can say he doesn't like a game even after only 10 minutes of play. Why? Because there are many things you can see in 10 minutes (UI, movements, mechanics, pace, immersion, mob behaviour, combat, graphics, ...) - especially when you have played a lot of games and have seen the many possible bad patterns used within the genre.

---
    Waiting for: GW2
    *thumbs up*: GW, Eve(, WoW)
    *thumbs down*: MO, GA, FE

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581

Originally posted by Mupp3n

Corrected!

Oh, try Lotro, not just 5 levels, try going as high as you can, dont rush it, try explore at the same time.

Try Vanguard?

Dont even think about VG!!!

RIP Orc Choppa

• Mupp3nMupp3n Member Posts: 56

Originally posted by Tweej

As the OP said, it's personal taste, obviously.

I think one can say he doesn't like a game even after only 10 minutes of play. Why? Because there are many things you can see in 10 minutes (UI, movements, mechanics, pace, immersion, mob behaviour, combat, graphics, ...) - especially when you have played a lot of games and have seen the many possible bad patterns used within the genre.

In a game like Lotro, it takes approx 15 mins to do the Introduction Quest for the Story line.

Then your *free* and instanced in a level 1-5/6 area.. Your still not free, your free after that, and then you can go on into the entire world. I suggest playing to above level 10/15.

And dont compare it to wow, or say its a wow clone, wow is a clone of EQ.. In matter of fact, if any game is a clone of another, its definately of EQ.

• poythrespoythres Member Posts: 68

I'd recommend Vanguard actually - it's gotten a lot better since release about a year ago, and I've had some of the best times since EQ running single-group dungeons.

Some things do need improvement still - in my opinion, crafting is not fun at all, and diplomacy is only fun through the main story line (up to about lv 6), then it becomes a straight grind. But the combat, grouping is pretty enjoyable.  If you prefer straight-up soloing, it might not be worth it (soloing is possible, but not sure it's "standout" from other games in the genre).