Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why do 88% of african American Voters, vote Democrat?

1235»

Comments

• OR-NurseOR-Nurse Member Posts: 19

Originally posted by bluberryhaze

Originally posted by OR-Nurse

Is it because of the handouts? or the ridiculous notion that Republicans are the rascist?
    an example on a small scale of how dangerous this can be.
    If I always give my son everything and never make him get off his arse and do for himself, he will be one of those guys living in his mothers basement at the age of 30.
    If you keep your hand out for the cheese long enough, you have successfully become dependent on Government. and that my friends, is the goal of the Democrat Party. To keep you depressed and dependent.  Now Republicans on the other hand may play on your fears of big bad terrorists and what-not, but as a society, to keep people lazy is far more dangerous for the future.

The Question has come up before I tend to believe that it's a combination of both nature & nuture.

Most (but not all)black majority nations tend towards one party government. But it can be an effective bargaining tool for black leaders who want a favor for their constituancy. It can also allow blacks to be ignored somewhat(mostly by Republicans)as thier votes are not really in play,only their turnout. The Democrats will try to make high turnout a party objective since they can reasonably assume that once in the voting booth there is a 90+% chance that the black voter will simply vote the Party

so, it seems to me , republicans are labeled racist because they don't pander to a specific race? that logic seems like the democrat party are  the ones that are dividing this nation into sub-grps of race? so, is the democrat party the real racists by keeping this nation divided by race and culture? similar to the class-warfare argument of republicans are only for the rich. divide and conquer is the order of the day?

thank you for that food to munch on, OR-Nurse.

Hey , your welcomn

Now for a second thought.  Are racial preferances racist? Should skin colour instead of "Content of Character" be used when the government is trying to encourage rather than discourage it's citizens?

Should all programs instituted by the government be permanent? What if the number of new programs which are considered permanent continues to increase every single year? What if these programs are duplicated at the state and local level? Is the government the best administrator for these programs?

If so,will the citizens get corruption free service from them ? The federal government is many times the watchdog over private industry,& state and local government. Who will provide oversight over the federal government? (self regulation doesn't seem to work well,republican or democrat)

• bluberryhazebluberryhaze Member Posts: 1,702

Is it because of the handouts? or the ridiculous notion that Republicans are the rascist?
    an example on a small scale of how dangerous this can be.
    If I always give my son everything and never make him get off his arse and do for himself, he will be one of those guys living in his mothers basement at the age of 30.
    If you keep your hand out for the cheese long enough, you have successfully become dependent on Government. and that my friends, is the goal of the Democrat Party. To keep you depressed and dependent.  Now Republicans on the other hand may play on your fears of big bad terrorists and what-not, but as a society, to keep people lazy is far more dangerous for the future.

The Question has come up before I tend to believe that it's a combination of both nature & nuture.

Most (but not all)black majority nations tend towards one party government. But it can be an effective bargaining tool for black leaders who want a favor for their constituancy. It can also allow blacks to be ignored somewhat(mostly by Republicans)as thier votes are not really in play,only their turnout. The Democrats will try to make high turnout a party objective since they can reasonably assume that once in the voting booth there is a 90+% chance that the black voter will simply vote the Party

so, it seems to me , republicans are labeled racist because they don't pander to a specific race? that logic seems like the democrat party are  the ones that are dividing this nation into sub-grps of race? so, is the democrat party the real racists by keeping this nation divided by race and culture? similar to the class-warfare argument of republicans are only for the rich. divide and conquer is the order of the day?

thank you for that food to munch on, OR-Nurse.

Hey , your welcomn

Now for a second thought.  Are racial preferances racist? Should skin colour instead of "Content of Character" be used when the government is trying to encourage rather than discourage it's citizens?

Should all programs instituted by the government be permanent? What if the number of new programs which are considered permanent continues to increase every single year? What if these programs are duplicated at the state and local level? Is the government the best administrator for these programs?

If so,will the citizens get corruption free service from them ? The federal government is many times the watchdog over private industry,& state and local government. Who will provide oversight over the federal government? (self regulation doesn't seem to work well,republican or democrat)

equal housing lender.

equal opportunity employer.

in NYC, if you are black(maybe even just a minority) you get free extra points that whites cannot get on city exams. lets say you are a white polish immigrant who has been surpressed by whoever surpresses white poles, should you also get some sort of 'free' stuff.

isn't that a form of racism? when one group gets preferential treatment over another grp?

not to hijack this thread in another direction...when I joined the Navy back in the nineties, my recruiter told me to put down that i was hispanic so i would advance quicker.

this stuff hurts my head and my heart. we will never get out of this diviseness.

-I will subtlety invade your psyche-

• lomillerlomiller Member Posts: 1,810
    Originally posted by Nasica

I can guarentee you that state health systems are deadly.

I can guarenbtee you that a federal welfare system need not bankrupt a country.

How can a guarentee this ?

Because i am an Australian living in Queensland. We have a great welfare system over here, sure there are some dole bludgers, but as a whole (which is how all things should be looked at) we have a brilliant welfare system that really enables people and creates a lower unemployment rate than most western countries even with our extraoridnarily low population density.

And if anyone has tried to go to a Queensland hospital, you would realise the horrors of state run hospitals. As for Medicare, we have had medicare and bulk billing doctors since Noah was a Boy. We have one of the strongest economies in the western world.

The single biggest problem with the US health care system is that it’s the least cost effective system in the world by a very wide margin. It provides no better care then Australia and costs twice as much per person. 
  • Cabe2323Cabe2323 Member Posts: 2,939

Originally posted by lomiller

Originally posted by Nasica

I can guarentee you that state health systems are deadly.

I can guarenbtee you that a federal welfare system need not bankrupt a country.

How can a guarentee this ?

Because i am an Australian living in Queensland. We have a great welfare system over here, sure there are some dole bludgers, but as a whole (which is how all things should be looked at) we have a brilliant welfare system that really enables people and creates a lower unemployment rate than most western countries even with our extraoridnarily low population density.

And if anyone has tried to go to a Queensland hospital, you would realise the horrors of state run hospitals. As for Medicare, we have had medicare and bulk billing doctors since Noah was a Boy. We have one of the strongest economies in the western world.

The single biggest problem with the US health care system is that it’s the least cost effective system in the world by a very wide margin. It provides no better care then Australia and costs twice as much per person. 

Actually that is lie.  US health care is the best in the world for the people who have it.  The only problem facing US Healthcare and the only reason we get rated lower then other countries is access to the healthcare and the cost of the healthcare.  But we are rated number 1 in customer satisfaction.  We have numerous celebrities, rich people, and politicians from other countries who fly to the US for healthcare.  And the reason is because we have the best healthcare money can buy.  Not everyone has it though. 

How else can you explain the former President of Italy (which has the 2nd or 3rd highest rated healthcare system in the world) flying to Cleveland Ohio to get a surgical procedure done.  How else can you explain the VAST majority of medical advances and nobel prizes either being won by Americans or by foreign researchers working in American hospitals and universities. 

The fact remains that if we could provide the level of healthcare we currently provide but provide it to every single person in America our healthcare system would be rated number 1 by a huge margin. 

The other factors that cause our overall health to be rated lower are also mainly tricks of surveying.  We get rated lower in lifespan and infant mortality but they do not factor in the fact that more liberal European countries have much higher rates of abortions which terminate a huge number of infants that would of otherwise died at birth.  Or how about the "happiest place to live" surveys that always rate America pretty low and yet Americans still have the highest standard of living and the most disposable income of any country in the world. 

Currently playing:
    LOTRO & WoW (not much WoW though because Mines of Moria rocks!!!!)

Looking Foward too:
    Bioware games (Dragon Age & Star Wars The Old Republic)

• lomillerlomiller Member Posts: 1,810
    Originally posted by Cabe2323

Actually that is lie.  US health care is the best in the world for the people who have it.  The only problem facing US Healthcare and the only reason we get rated lower then other countries is access to the healthcare and the cost of the healthcare.  But we are rated number 1 in customer satisfaction.  We have numerous celebrities, rich people, and politicians from other countries who fly to the US for healthcare.  And the reason is because we have the best healthcare money can buy.  Not everyone has it though. 

That’s true only if you confine yourself to discussing a small group of very rich people. These people would already have access to the best health care in the world no matter where they lived. You as an individual do not have access to this part of the US health care system. For people who with less money the US health care system frequently falls below systems that spend much less per person.

There is no possible way the US system ranks high in “satisfaction”.  In any other western country the surest way to get yourself unelected is to say you want more of an American style health care system. 
  • Cabe2323Cabe2323 Member Posts: 2,939

Originally posted by lomiller

Originally posted by Cabe2323

That’s true only if you confine yourself to discussing a small group of very rich people. These people would already have access to the best health care in the world no matter where they lived. You as an individual do not have access to this part of the US health care system. For people who with less money the US health care system frequently falls below systems that spend much less per person.

There is no possible way the US system ranks high in “satisfaction”.  In any other western country the surest way to get yourself unelected is to say you want more of an American style health care system. 

The vast majority of American's have access to the best healthcare in the world.  Approximately 20% or so do not have any access to healthcare.  This is not a matter of the rich only getting good care.  The only problem is that the "not poor enough for medicaid but not well off enough to pay for it themselves crowd".  Also since having health insurance is not required you have a large group of people that claim "being too poor to pay for it" but they will have Cable TV with atleast 2 TVs in their home, atleast 1 car if not 2 cars, etc etc.  But yet they "can't afford healthcare"  when in reality they choose not to pay for it.  Then when something does happen they are killed by the costs. 

I was able to afford health insurance, an apartment, food, TV, electric, etc etc on about 11 dollars per hour before I joined the Military.  And you know what?  That was with a wife (who wasn't working) and 1 child. 

Anyone that lives in the US with health insurance has better access to higher quality health care then any "free" (which isn't actually free because taxes in those countries are horrible) health care system in any other country. 

That same care that the President of Italy flew to America for is the same care that my insurance pays for. 

Edit - Also this is an area that the US ranks number 1 in the world in:

Responsiveness includes two major components. These are (a) respect for persons (including dignity, confidentiality and autonomy of individuals and families to decide about their own health); and (b) client orientation (including prompt attention, access to social support networks during care, quality of basic amenities and choice of provider).

Currently playing:
    LOTRO & WoW (not much WoW though because Mines of Moria rocks!!!!)

Looking Foward too:
    Bioware games (Dragon Age & Star Wars The Old Republic)

• U-TurnU-Turn Member UncommonPosts: 164

I think it all comes down to racism.  Black people think all White people are racist.  This may or may not be true, however the Democrats are better at hiding their racism than the Republicans.

Contrary to popular belief White people get much more money in handouts.  They are in the majority so therefore they receive more of the government money.  The fact the OP raised that as an issue points to his racism.  As I said, everyone is racist.  Some just more than others.  I think it is human nature.

I do agree with most Posters in this thread that the term African-American is stupid.  We are Americans.  Until we loose the hypens names we will have this racial divide.

• bluberryhazebluberryhaze Member Posts: 1,702

ignoramus

i pointed out white people receive more welfare than ...well, the darker skinned americans.

btw do you all know where the term cracker comes from? its said on cable tv channels like comedy central, BET...not the premium channels.

i thought i was a saltine so i had no problem with it but, i learned its from being a slave owner and whip cracka...i dont get offended because people that do are rediculous, but i find the double standards in this country quite hypocritical and detrimental. in fact, this rampant reverse racism against the whites in the guise of political correctness does nothing more than to divide the races even moreso.

-I will subtlety invade your psyche-

• ArndurArndur Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,202

Im just gonna point this out. Republicans are for a flow down or something encomny. Rich people start compianes and create jobs so others can get a income. If we shut down the larger compaines or over tax them then they make job cuts.

Hold on Snow Leopard, imma let you finish, but Windows had one of the best operating systems of all time.

If the Powerball lottery was like Lotro, nobody would win for 2 years, and then everyone in Nebraska would win on the same day.
    And then Nebraska would get nerfed.-pinkwood lotro fourms

AMD 4800 2.4ghz-3GB RAM 533mhz-EVGA 9500GT 512mb-320gb HD

This discussion has been closed.