Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is Lineage II soloable ?

summitussummitus Member UncommonPosts: 1,414

Hi Guys thinking of playing Lineage, and was wondering is it possible to solo play at all in this game ?

I like solo-ing mainly in game but I do like to chat to people and group ocasionally for quests and Elite mobs etc.

So forgive me if it seems like a stupid question but is it absoulutely imperative that you do the Pvp or can it in anyway be enjoyed solo

thanks in advance for any info .

Comments

  • RuckupRuckup Member Posts: 111

    Yes it is and I would advise you to run 2 accounts one with a SE or Warcryer following your main.

    It is very boring to solo in L2 though since you juast kill mobs over and over,  talking on TS/Vent is what makes the game fun.

  • EllyrionEllyrion Member Posts: 193

     

    Originally posted by summitus


    Hi Guys thinking of playing Lineage, and was wondering is it possible to solo play at all in this game ?
    I like solo-ing mainly in game but I do like to chat to people and group ocasionally for quests and Elite mobs etc.
    So forgive me if it seems like a stupid question but is it absoulutely imperative that you do the Pvp or can it in anyway be enjoyed solo
    thanks in advance for any info .

    You need to research this game some more. Its not that your're posting a stupid question, its just that you need to hit the FAQ's on the official forums, and do some topic searches within this forum before you start asking for non specific and very subjective questions. If you're asking for opinions on ways to solo, well thats something else, but if you want to know whether soloing is permissible in the game then I will say this : game mechanics wise, yes it is, when considering overall efficiency and speed of this progression, then no.

    If you solo (or 2 box etc) you will end up grinding past 40. In a regular full clan group you will not hit it till the late 60's or early 70's depending on the composition of your group.

    PvP in L2 has nothing to do with whether you solo or group. It is part of the millieu of L2. Open PvP means just that, it is permissible everywhere at any time with essentially no restrictions barring some new anti-PK buffs which you can now get in starter towns for your newbies and being located within the towns themselves which are designated peace zones.

    If you're concerned whether you will get PK'd, then the chances of being PK'd solo are an order of magnitude greater than being PK'd when in a group. Most of the sensless PK'ers out there don't want the effort of PvP, they just want a quick fix for their sick ego so a protracted fight with a group is generally not what they're after.

    Getting PK'd by a hunt group who want your XP spot or being in the wrong place at the wrong time during an inter clan war... well thats another matter and entirely a part of the game. Even in those circumstances you will usually get a warning to clear out before contact is initiated, so its only the bored PKers that you have to worry about.

    Regards,

    Ellyrion Fiallathandriel

    The Reckless Knight

    Lunatris

     

  • kwaikwai Member UncommonPosts: 825

    Originally posted by summitus


    Hi Guys thinking of playing Lineage, and was wondering is it possible to solo play at all in this game ?
    I like solo-ing mainly in game but I do like to chat to people and group ocasionally for quests and Elite mobs etc.
    So forgive me if it seems like a stupid question but is it absoulutely imperative that you do the Pvp or can it in anyway be enjoyed solo
    thanks in advance for any info .
    Hi and welcome.

    Its not a stupid question you ask , and yes you can solo in lineage 2 , but allmost impossible without buffs from one of the support classes,  some solo better than others ofc, i would say nukers are still the best solo class in the game, but they rely alot on mana and proper buffs from support classes.

    I wouldn't advise reading any FAQ's or going to any forums of Lineage II , since alot of people is filled with arrogance and a little bit to much self confidence in their abilities to play.

    Other than that i wish you good luck and a safe journey in your travels.

  • CzzarreCzzarre Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,742

    Solo past 60...remind me how lany levels there are again?

    Torrential

  • SorrowhoSorrowho Member Posts: 581

    80, next patch they raise it to 85 on main and only lvl 80 on subs

  • silenossilenos Member Posts: 116

    i also prefer soloing in ALL games, especially L2. i have no problem with it, i think you only need good equips and a bit of luck (; also, if you're bored of slaying monsters, you should do a few random quests for fun and more exp.

    I want to reborn as a Sylvari.

  • ListofListof Member Posts: 155

    Please ignore Isurus' #2 and #3. Those are both illegal (and completely unnecessary) in L2.

    The second account people are talking about is called dual boxing and it is allowed in L2. Soloing in L2 can be very slow without buffs, so many people dual box a buffer or healer (and many players who play a healer as a main, like me, will dual box a DD so they can solo as well.)

    When people talk about following, they are referring to the fact that you can have your buffer follow your DD around. This is done by the use of in-game macros (an included part of the game.) These macros allow you to map series of actions to one key. They do not run themselves, you have to push the key to make the series run, so it will not play the game for you. Most people who dual box have an auto-follow macro that causes their buffer to follow their main around. That way you don't have to flip back and forth between screens every time you want to move your characters somewhere.

    Dual boxing does not require two computers. My computer just meets the current minimum requirements (they were upgraded in the last expansion) and I can dual box very well with very little lag. As long as your computer is not a shoebox with a 300mb hard drive you should be ok (so I exaggerate a bit, but you get my point!)

    And finally, it's not too late to start playing L2. People say that because they think that everyone who might possibly even be slightly interested in L2 has the sole intention of becoming uber and completely dominating the game - and in that respect, they feel that there's no way you could catch up to the players who have been playing for 4 years and therefore there's no point to playing the game. However, it is more than possible for a player to start now, have fun leveling up and be very competitive within a year. I know this because people have been saying the same thing for years and yet new players continue to come and level and join the ranks of the top clans on the server. Maybe you won't be top of the top level 80/80/80, but then again, even most of us who have been playing since OB are not level 80 yet. So you'd not be in the minority.

    Oh and if you really, really want to solo (and not dual box) then look into a summoner class (like a phantom summoner or a warlock). They were designed more with solo in mind than party (although, they now have some good party skills as well.)

    image

  • nakumanakuma Member UncommonPosts: 1,310
    Originally posted by Ruckup


    Yes it is and I would advise you to run 2 accounts one with a SE or Warcryer following your main.
    It is very boring to solo in L2 though since you juast kill mobs over and over,  talking on TS/Vent is what makes the game fun.

    if you gotta run 2 accounts then your not soloing. thats dual boxing. Any game that requires 2 accounts to keep up play (such as adena lets not fool each other) is not a fair game.that is the main reason people dual box, to get good amount of adena so they can buy their necessary armor lol.last i remember damacsus sword was like an easy 70 million adena.to puchase entire doom armor is about half that. which as far as I am concerned is the main part that is  broken in the game. stuff in the game is so expensive you almost have no choice but to dual box if your gonna maintain a fair advantage to other players, which ends up leading to more inflation. bad for everyone all around. I personally feel i shouldn't hae to spend $30 a month just so I can pay for my armor to keep up to other players negates the point of playing. ive played off and on since OB and only got to around lvl 56 as a DA. got my doom armor, but use a SLS +4 bottom line im getting at, the inflation in the game is getting out of hand where you ar forced to have 2 accounts to make any scratch on the surface unless you consider playing the game for more than 10-15 hours a day fun to keep up, which i doubt. im not knocking the game i love the clan politics the players, but the economy is truly what has caused me to rethink my stayingthere.

    3.4ghz Phenom II X4 965, 8GB PC12800 DDR3 GSKILL, EVGA 560GTX 2GB OC, 640GB HD SATA II, BFG 1000WATT PSU. MSI NF980-G65 TRI-SLI MOBO.

  • Rhystic02Rhystic02 Member Posts: 82

    Originally posted by Listof


    Please ignore Isurus' #2 and #3. Those are both illegal (and completely unnecessary) in L2.
    The second account people are talking about is called dual boxing and it is allowed in L2. Soloing in L2 can be very slow without buffs, so many people dual box a buffer or healer (and many players who play a healer as a main, like me, will dual box a DD so they can solo as well.)
    When people talk about following, they are referring to the fact that you can have your buffer follow your DD around. This is done by the use of in-game macros (an included part of the game.) These macros allow you to map series of actions to one key. They do not run themselves, you have to push the key to make the series run, so it will not play the game for you. Most people who dual box have an auto-follow macro that causes their buffer to follow their main around. That way you don't have to flip back and forth between screens every time you want to move your characters somewhere.
    Dual boxing does not require two computers. My computer just meets the current minimum requirements (they were upgraded in the last expansion) and I can dual box very well with very little lag. As long as your computer is not a shoebox with a 300mb hard drive you should be ok (so I exaggerate a bit, but you get my point!)
    And finally, it's not too late to start playing L2. People say that because they think that everyone who might possibly even be slightly interested in L2 has the sole intention of becoming uber and completely dominating the game - and in that respect, they feel that there's no way you could catch up to the players who have been playing for 4 years and therefore there's no point to playing the game. However, it is more than possible for a player to start now, have fun leveling up and be very competitive within a year. I know this because people have been saying the same thing for years and yet new players continue to come and level and join the ranks of the top clans on the server. Maybe you won't be top of the top level 80/80/80, but then again, even most of us who have been playing since OB are not level 80 yet. So you'd not be in the minority.
    Oh and if you really, really want to solo (and not dual box) then look into a summoner class (like a phantom summoner or a warlock). They were designed more with solo in mind than party (although, they now have some good party skills as well.)

    Heh :D Didn't know you were on these forums!!

    L2 is my favorite game lol if I havn't given away like 1.6 billion in gear quiting it like 5 times i'd totally be playing right now.

    < image

  • isurusisurus Member Posts: 396

    Well I got temporarily banned for my #2 and 3 (which are now deleted ,thank you mmorpg.com police) but just to clear things up, nothing I posted was illegal.

    EULA != law

    or <> for you VB ppls.

    I am not a crook.

    To nakuma: I hate to argue semantics but technically yes 2boxing IS soloing, so long as you are alone.

    And yes it is realistic to solo 2box at least up to lv76. I'm sure you can do it even after that but 76+ is when the XP climb starts to get ridiculously steep and you'll start asking yourself questions like, wtf am i doing this for.

    image

  • isurusisurus Member Posts: 396

    If you have given away 1.6b adena then you are derranged. Next time give it to me, I will at least trade you some s-grade crystals for it.

    image

Sign In or Register to comment.