Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would you guys delve into a fresh server?

fcweddfcwedd Member UncommonPosts: 196

Yes, I know if will never happen; I'm only curious. If SWG were to open up a brand new server with how the game is now, would you resub and/or join that server?

Comments

• JestorRodoJestorRodo Member UncommonPosts: 2,642

Yes , if its Pre CU.

Unaware of the Jestor?
    http://about.me/JestorRodo/

Friends enjoy his classic Vblog - https://www.facebook.com/GoodOldReliableNathan

• KazaraKazara Member UncommonPosts: 1,086

Originally posted by fcwedd

Yes, I know if will never happen; I'm only curious. If SWG were to open up a brand new server with how the game is now, would you resub and/or join that server?
    With how the game is now? LOL! Absolutely NO WAY. I couldn't face the mind numbing grind and I think that unless many of the ghost servers are forced to merge to that 'brand new server', it would be just another ghost town. Other than condensing servers, there is no need for a brand new server....there are plenty of empty ones to utilize,

If a brand new Pre-CU server opened, that would be entirely different...I would be on that server in a nanosecond! I dare say that a pre-CU server would decimate the NGE game population (what little there is), which is a possibility of why there are no classic servers.

• Sure, if it's not the NGE.

At this point I'd rather have a new classic server than a rollback where I could take my old characters over...  Since at this point I'd have to relearn the game I'd rather do it as a noob than a 250SP template.

• ExiledagainExiledagain Member Posts: 43

What would be the point of a new server with the same crap on it? If I wanted to play a game with no people on it I'd be playing on an old server. The answer is hell no.

• fcweddfcwedd Member UncommonPosts: 196

Erm, a realm with no ancient housing plots or crushed economy? How the heck are new players supposed to jump into SWG when a fricken enhanced CDEF pistol costs 200x more money than any quest reward will give them.

• zabrakwithzabrakwith Member Posts: 62

Only if it was really starting from scratch.  If everyone could bring their stuff, you'd be bringing the same broken economy from the previous server. 

I think starting from scratch on a blank canvas would be fun.

• BushMonkeyBushMonkey Member Posts: 1,406

New players can jump right in, the NGE made the game easier to get into,you know less reading, less options,less thought,more content.   I,m sure SOE feels everything is working as intended. Why would they spring for fresh servers? They have plenty of empty servers as is.

And answering your question, No i would not rejoin for fresh a NGE server,I couldn't stomach the CU,no way i would go back for Not Good Enough,

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

Precu most definitely. 

NGE, maybe.  It sucks after being gone so long and everyone is max level.  Maybe there would be more sense of community if everyone was starting out fresh again.

• RelCenturicaRelCenturica Member Posts: 80

What difference is there between current NGE servers and a fresh NGE server? Zip. Zilch. Nada.

It'll still be the same "omg I am Jedi, must quest for better lightsaber" game. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING short of SOE bringing back Pre-CU servers EXACTLY as it was will bring me, my 3 accounts and my friends, back to SWG.

With Smed still having his ego up his crack, hell will freeze over first before it happens.

"There's one MMO developer that doesn't want the money put in front of them - SOE"

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

yes with Pre-CU version and if  company  guarantee they won't touch the game mechanics.

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• starman999starman999 Member Posts: 1,232

Only if they went back to the first 6 months after launch......

Leave out Doc bufs and jedi and I would go back and never leave.. This game was ruined long before the CU or the NGE ever came along. When the invulnerability buffs made it unneccessary to group and the hologrind made everyone want a jedi this game was rubbish from that point on.

They should have never put in doc bufs and they should have left Jedi permadeath as well as changed the force sensitivity system to random instead of that stupid proffession grinding. They really did muck up the game for all of us who were enjoying our living world.

Critical thinking is a desire to seek, patience to doubt, fondness to meditate, slowness to assert, readiness to consider, carefulness to dispose and set in order; and hatred for every kind of imposture.

• GuernicaGuernica Member Posts: 71

I wouldn't ask for a new server as  I like the one I'm on. I can see how it might be nice to be back on the level playing field without the bloated economy and such, but I think I'd just find it hard to leave my main toons behind.

• lalethlaleth Member Posts: 38

My feeling is that the executives at SOE are far too arrogant to even ponder the idea of bring a pre-NGE server back. Even if it brought more players to the game(which it obviously would), they'd rather stick by their original decision to turn SWG into a mediocre cookie-cutter MMORPG.

• GreenHellGreenHell Member UncommonPosts: 1,323

I have to admit I would re sub and try it out as long as there was no way anyone could ever transfer on to that server even at a later date. I'm pretty sure a clean server would get rid of some of the bugs and improve performance.

• LionexxLionexx Member UncommonPosts: 680

pre cu yes pre NGE just maybe.

Playing: Everthing
    Played: DAoC,AC2,EvE,SWG,WAR,MXO,CoX,EQ2,L2,LOTRO,SB,UO,WoW.
    I have played every MMO that has ever come out.

• BaronJuJuBaronJuJu Member UncommonPosts: 1,832

Didn't they essentially do this with one of their teat servers a few months back? Wiped everything and had folks start completely over?

"If we don't attack them, they will attack us first. So we'd better retaliate before they have a chance to strike"

• EvilsamEvilsam Member UncommonPosts: 200

No

Pre-cu,with no transfers..yes

• shukes33shukes33 Member Posts: 1,051

I would in a heartbeat! i am new to the gme nd so dont know what i'm missing but ll i do know is that i play on ahazi and have reached a dead end asking for help, not once have i ever spoke to anyone, even when i ask in cht channels.

I asked over the weekend for help in fixing vehicles as i a  low level and struggle to travel distances with no vehicle, but no answer.

i asked if there was anyone else on the server playing and in still no answer. so i asume there is no one. I think it was a real bad decision when i started my char, but at the time the server pop said medium :(

• BadgerSmakerBadgerSmaker Member Posts: 629

Originally posted by shukes33

I would in a heartbeat! i am new to the gme nd so dont know what i'm missing but ll i do know is that i play on ahazi and have reached a dead end asking for help, not once have i ever spoke to anyone, even when i ask in cht channels.
    I asked over the weekend for help in fixing vehicles as i a  low level and struggle to travel distances with no vehicle, but no answer.
    i asked if there was anyone else on the server playing and in still no answer. so i asume there is no one. I think it was a real bad decision when i started my char, but at the time the server pop said medium :(
    Check out TCPrime by clicking the "Test Center" button on your launchpad, you can have up to four characters on this server, you get all the games updates first and it is SWGs newest server having been opened back in March last year.

There is an active and very helpful community in the TCPrime.chat.tcpa chat channel.

It is possible to repair disabled vehicles using Vehicle Restoration Kits but these are very expensive and are only used on expensive vehicles like Jet Packs.  You should just replace your vehicle with a new deed purchased from a trader.

Ahazi is rather well populated, you will just need to find a good guild as many chat channels are not used.

• shukes33shukes33 Member Posts: 1,051

Ahh great help friend thank you. I think i might restart a char on that server and hopefully i can find help and get to know a few people too. I think the main probelm with the game for new players is the chat channels. it's diificult to find any that people actually join! i joined my class channel along with a few others, including the basic game chat channel ( can't remember what it was called, but it implyed that it joins the whole galaxy) and not once heard a word spoke on any channels. This makes the game feel so lonely.

The bazzaar also makes you feel like a time sink as for new players that dont know what to look for have to check details on each item just to see if it's within thier level range. I had to search around 30 items last night and still didnt find anything i could use. and due to the chat problems i can't get in touch with any crafters either :(

• BadgerSmakerBadgerSmaker Member Posts: 629

Having default chat channels that players are joined to by default is something I have been asking the Developers to implement for some time, they recently commented that it is indeed a big problem and want to resolve that soon.

The Bazaar can be a confusing place, the Developers did discuss adding more search functionality to the interface and would like to do so but they said it would take considerable time and resources to do.

• Why would they open a new server when they have more than 20 empty ones and maybe 3-4 at most that have viable populations?

The only way that it'd make any sense at all is if they shut down 20 or so servers and forced those on the shut down ones to migrate to the new ones.

At this point SWG's sub base won't support more than 5 servers, maximum, if even that.