Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cabal is coming to the U.S.

Looap14Looap14 Member Posts: 11

Cabal is coming to the u.s. on January 24,2008 so you don't have to wait any longer.

YEAH!!

Comments

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

Whats so special about this game and is it free or pay to play?

• jonjon500jonjon500 Member UncommonPosts: 31

yes yes yes this rocks i have been waiting for a long time

and its a free game

• Looap14Looap14 Member Posts: 11

Cabal is coming to the u.s. on January 24,2008 so you don't have to wait any longer.

Sorry guys,I found out that its the closed beta(for selected players that registered for the closed beta..).....So you can't play it until later so I'm sorry if I got your hopes up and please don't kill me for lying to ya....but the're saying it will open soon to all...so thats cool.

YEAH!!

• ninja25ninja25 Member Posts: 1

hello yes iv heard about this game being vary cool i downloadded it and i dont know what wrong all i think is i gotta wait till closed beta over before i can play but i dont know but when i click to play it says this " this application had faled to start becuse d3d9.dll was not found. re installing the application max fix it" if there something wrong and you know why can you plz e mail me at [email protected] and if you know that it just that you cant access cabal online becuse of the close beta can you plz email me and tell me if it the beta or there something wrong with it i redownloadded it and still says it so can someone plz feel free to take 2 min of your time to tell me whats wrong becuse i want to play cabal online so bad so if you could i would aprecate it thx!

• rev_lazarorev_lazaro Member Posts: 270

It's in closed beta; if you weren't one of the people to get an invite you can't play anyways. They have. however, mentioned Open beta will be around shortly.

• heathenkniteheathenknite Member Posts: 15

yea the close beta ends on the 28th but im still waiting for something new about it...

Yeah it gonna end today.I'm gonna play it when they say the open beta is ready.

So I can level up and enjoy playing the game and hopefully meet new people.

YEAH!!

• KordeshKordesh Member Posts: 1,715

I still don't believe it. As much as I liked Cabal, they tried this once before, had an open beta and everything, then closed their doors and essentially went "Kthxbye!" and then Cabal global went completely dead from that point on, and its been that way for over a year now.

Bans a perma, but so are sigs in necro posts.

EAT ME MMORPG.com!

Heh it's not even being ran by the same company stateside, plus it's not Global its US and Canada.

So there's the fineprint on the silver lining for you.

• heathenkniteheathenknite Member Posts: 15

the fact they are creating this game for our entertainment should be as well as everybody else entertainment then rather a single country game and not for any other unless some other game company invest to making the game for ours

so do you think Cabal online is gonna be out after Monday?

YEAH!!

I hope they take time to squash what few bugs they had (Onlything I noticed was just minor lag spikes but otherwise it ran pretty frickin' good.)

If they take a while to make sure it's stable, solid and fun I'll wait a bit. If they take as long as 2moons took for no reason at all, I'll probably be on my next fix by then :)

But so far, I'm impressed with the action in this one. It plays very different, and that's a good thing.

oh well thats cool.They should at least take two days to fix up the bugs and stuff.

Some people say this game is a World of Warcraft ripoff, why is that?

YEAH!!

Obviously because A) They're noobs who probably have only played WoW and B) Haven't even touched this game yet.

I'd compare it more to an outlandish console-style action-RPG before I compared it to WoW. Combat is very tactile and skill based....I tried playing it using a standard WoW/Guild Wars style and it wasn't cutting it....so I pulled the camera back overhead like Diablo and began running circles around the mobs spamming my hotkey spells and got much better results.

This isn't auto-attack, hit key sequence, repeat....the auto attack is present but not necessarily an advantage. I keep mine to manual attacking and it's all about keeping on your toes, keeping your timing and kiting plays a big role.

It may not have the detailed ritzy production and lore Warcraft and other p2p's have....but it definitely has a more challenging combat system than I've seen in most of the genre.

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

Does anyone have a download url for the US beta client?  The website says the closed beta client is good to start with.  It will then be patched for open beta.

Edit. Found it on the web site when I actually looked around.

cabal.ogplanet.com/download.og

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams

yeah they'll just update it,at least thats what they say.They also said that on

February 1st is when the Open Beta comes out.So thats gonna be awesome.

YEAH!!

• Tiller77Tiller77 Member Posts: 29

Yeah, I was part of the CBT, (Thank you rumblefighter for giving me 6 months of ogplanet.)

And this game is way more satisfying than other MMo's.

Even at the lower levels, you still find yourself enjoying it, and it gets better as you continue. (Doesn't really slow down much.)

The big thing with this game, is its active. Its not going overboard with keeping you there, but at just a good enough pace where you do just about as much work as your character does.

Visually appealing, great music, and though there is a TON of grind, it doesn't quite feel like it. (You'll see.)

I give it an 8.8/10.

Though, then again, all I got was the CBT....

NOTE: Theres also some random lag spikes, but otherwise you'll be fine.

So what is the best thing about playing Cabal online?

YEAH!!

Small things really.

I like the combat a lot; it's heavy on the hotkeys but allows the use of the Numpad which I'm a chronic user of in Guild Wars. The combo system is cool; one of the few online RPG's that I think is truly dependent of your reflexes.

Graphics are decent. Not AAA quality but for a freebie I was pleased.

ENGLISH! I was happy for stuff like Word Wrap!

It's a brutal little combat clicker...if you love over the top anime-esque combat with huge swords it's a pleaser.

There are some things that annoyed me....pretty much despite face and hair customizations, everyone's going to be wearing one of 3 different styles of armor throughout the game (unless they have more customization stuff later on I didn't see).  There's a story and some good quests but a lot of it is still "Go kill 10 of these things"  "Go kill these until an item drops"  "Go talk to so and so".

So really, nothing new to the MMO world especially the free to play market. But the combat keeps it interesting and challenging.

Originally posted by rev_lazaro

Small things really.

I like the combat a lot; it's heavy on the hotkeys but allows the use of the Numpad which I'm a chronic user of in Guild Wars. The combo system is cool; one of the few online RPG's that I think is truly dependent of your reflexes.
    Graphics are decent. Not AAA quality but for a freebie I was pleased.
    ENGLISH! I was happy for stuff like Word Wrap!
    It's a brutal little combat clicker...if you love over the top anime-esque combat with huge swords it's a pleaser.

There are some things that annoyed me....pretty much despite face and hair customizations, everyone's going to be wearing one of 3 different styles of armor throughout the game (unless they have more customization stuff later on I didn't see).  There's a story and some good quests but a lot of it is still "Go kill 10 of these things"  "Go kill these until an item drops"  "Go talk to so and so".
    So really, nothing new to the MMO world especially the free to play market. But the combat keeps it interesting and challenging.

Pretty much, but I'd like to point out that EVENTUALLY I think you do get different additional clothes, and other crud like that.

......+5 crap also looks pretty awesome, and as he said, its grind-heavy, yet the combat keeps it HELLA interesting.

....... And make sure you don't turn your sound off, trust me, you don't need to pull out your ipod/mp3. In other words, it has what truly matters, fun in the actual gameplay.

Lastly, the graphics start to matter less and less as you continue, because you'll be moving pretty fast half of the time. >=D No point in amazing graphics if you can't see em during the actual game, right?

So what do you guys think is the best class to play as for a noob on cabal online?

YEAH!!

Not really sure how to address this except maybe Warrior or Wizard depending on your play style just because you don't just level your stats you also have to level your skills by using them.

Your skills are broken up into two categories: Sword and Magic. The game awards XP not per kill but per hit, so every time you use a successful skill hit against an enemy you gain some experience in that skill category; leveling it up awards you a point to improve your skill, and after so many skill points you get to increase your rank and unlock a new tier of skills.

So Warriors and Wizards, who focus primarily on one or the other, will acquire their skill points a lot quicker than, say, a Force Blader who uses skills in both Sword and Magic.

If you go the Wizard route like I did, I hope you have good reflexes. Don't screw up like I did my first day....in combat pull the camera back and isometric, don't use Melee spells and just repeat freezing/stunning the opponent followed with a couple nukes and repeat. Use the click to move to run circles and leave the auto-combat off because wizard melee damage is a joke with their fists -- otherwise you'll start to automatically charge at your opponent between spell throws.

Warrior though I used standard WASD controls and auto-combat and just charged in and bashed'em up.

Just my experience :)

Originally posted by rev_lazaro

Not really sure how to address this except maybe Warrior or Wizard depending on your play style just because you don't just level your stats you also have to level your skills by using them.
    Your skills are broken up into two categories: Sword and Magic. The game awards XP not per kill but per hit, so every time you use a successful skill hit against an enemy you gain some experience in that skill category; leveling it up awards you a point to improve your skill, and after so many skill points you get to increase your rank and unlock a new tier of skills.
    So Warriors and Wizards, who focus primarily on one or the other, will acquire their skill points a lot quicker than, say, a Force Blader who uses skills in both Sword and Magic.
    If you go the Wizard route like I did, I hope you have good reflexes. Don't screw up like I did my first day....in combat pull the camera back and isometric, don't use Melee spells and just repeat freezing/stunning the opponent followed with a couple nukes and repeat. Use the click to move to run circles and leave the auto-combat off because wizard melee damage is a joke with their fists -- otherwise you'll start to automatically charge at your opponent between spell throws.
    Warrior though I used standard WASD controls and auto-combat and just charged in and bashed'em up.
    Just my experience :)

Nope, its Force bladers, don't you ever read the cabal, or the ogplanet forums, or ever see all the crap posted ingame about force bladers totally pwning overall? XD

• RelCenturicaRelCenturica Member Posts: 80

7 more hours will 1st of February, OGPlanet time

Prepare your clients

"There's one MMO developer that doesn't want the money put in front of them - SOE"

yup at 2:00 am,the open beta comes out. Its going to be AWESOME!!!

I just hope my friend from school checks this game out soon so we could play together and concur all.

YEAH!!