Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The best things WoW could do.

LustmordLustmord Member UncommonPosts: 1,114

Here are the best things WoW could do, imo, in no peticular order:

1. Create a World Map that is built kinda like a grid. If your faction holds a section of the grid, then quests and dungeons open up for you. If not, then you have to PvP for it.

2. Release lots of sets of gear for each class, all generally equal in stats, but allocated different and with different bonus' for different playstyles. No More Vertical Grind, instead a Horizontal one.

3. In lvls 70-80, characters will no longer gain Stats or get insanely more powerful gear. Instead, only expand on the talent tree's.

4. Introduce Racial Talent Tree's. Not as big as the regular talent tree's, maybe only a single tree per race with several branches, and get 1 point every 2 or 5 levels.

5. Make Respeccing free, atleast once a week.

6. Implement Player Housing and Guild Housing.

7. End the Peacetime between Horde and Alliance: Let the real War begin.

Comments

• ValaraukoGRValaraukoGR Member Posts: 78

1. Great idea! Imo it’s hard to implement, since the entire “World Map” should be common for each battlegroup, but it would be something challenging and fun to play.

2. The new profession in WotLK will do something like that – it will be an “enchanting” for abilities.

3. Totally disagree. Keeping things the same will just make the gap between well and not-well geared gamers bigger.

4. isn’t it too complicated? How two different talent builds are going to be balanced? On the other hand, I have to agree with you that races should have more different things than 3-4 racial skills.

6. That would be great too! Also, it will be a great way to spend your money. WoW has an economical “problem”, since you have nothing expensive to buy beyond the 300 raiding skill. Great idea!

Some great ideas imo, GZ!

./cheer man!

-Val

• markoraosmarkoraos Member Posts: 1,593

I suppose you're not aware of the incoming WAR?

Most of your suggestions are basically what Warhammer offers (or is about to) tbh.

• AguyAguy Member Posts: 561

Originally posted by Lustmord

1. Create a World Map that is built kinda like a grid. If your faction holds a section of the grid, then quests and dungeons open up for you. If not, then you have to PvP for it.
    2. Release lots of sets of gear for each class, all generally equal in stats, but allocated different and with different bonus' for different playstyles. No More Vertical Grind, instead a Horizontal one.
    3. In lvls 70-80, characters will no longer gain Stats or get insanely more powerful gear. Instead, only expand on the talent tree's.
    4. Introduce Racial Talent Tree's. Not as big as the regular talent tree's, maybe only a single tree per race with several branches, and get 1 point every 2 or 5 levels.

1)  I like it, but it could really interfere with dungeon groups, and many players would be pissed.

2)  Already in.

3)  Well then I guess we can say goodbye to raiding and PVP.

4)  I like this too, but then X side would complain Y has superior racials, even worse then what we have now.

5)  As long as it will cost you if you do it more then once a week, then good idea.

6)  Blizzard has stated constantly that although they would like to add this eventually in the future, they have their hands full with better things.

7)  Last I checked, it was ally and horde VS. Burning Legion and Scourge.

• ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459

1 - This would almost be a copy of whet WAR is doing, but without the dungeons bit. Also, with the imbalance of Alliance and Horde on most servers it would be far too weighted (the reason inter-realm BG's were introduced).

2 - Most green gear is already set up in this way and of course there is more custom gear in BG's, Arena's and instances if you want it

3 - Really don't see what people would have to work for if you would only gain talents??

4 - Not a bad idea, would maybe give people more of a reason to chosse certain races/classes.

5 - If you could re-spec for free every week people just wouldn't put any thought into it or which way they want to take their char. You would also have a nightmare in finding kit to match every re-spec and it would make the game a massive grind for gear.

6 - I really don't see a place for player housing in WoW, it would just be a useless time sink that it doesn't need. Comunication between players and guild members is already good and with the introduction of guild banks too now it has wiped out the last reason for player housing in this game.

7 - Since when has there been peace between the Alliance and Horde, BG's, Arena's, Westfall defense, Crossroads raids, STV cat and mouse, the battle goes on :). Don't forget that they are also introducing the new open PvP area in the expansion.

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.

• Omega3Omega3 Member Posts: 398

So basically, you want to play Warhammer Online.

My addiction History:
    >> EQ1 2000-2004 - Shaman/Bard/Wizard/Monk - nolife raid-whore
    >> WoW 2004-2009 + Cataclysm for 2 months - hardcore casual
    >> Current status : done with MMO, too old for that crap.

• PheacePheace Member Posts: 2,408

Originally posted by markoraos

Most of your suggestions are basically what Warhammer offers (or is about to) tbh.

I'd rather see WAR features incorporated in WoW and stay with Blizzard than go back to a Mythic game to be honest. Call it a confidence thing after 3 years of watching them ruin their last game :)

• QmireQmire Member Posts: 423

Originally posted by Pheace

Originally posted by markoraos

I'd rather see WAR features incorporated in WoW and stay with Blizzard than go back to a Mythic game to be honest. Call it a confidence thing after 3 years of watching them ruin their last game :)

It's a good thing that Blizzard luckily uses new ideas seen in other mmorpgs and try to find a way to implement it in WoW, makes it easier to stay in WoW and enjoy what you already got.

• SidoxsSidoxs Member Posts: 103

Implode

HOGG4LIFE

• JK-KanosiJK-Kanosi Member Posts: 1,357

1. Would only work on newly introduced zones. Implementing this in old zones would be taking away content that players can currently participate in without any hinderance. Otherwise, good idea.

2. There are already different armor sets for each class in raid dungeons. You choose which one you want based off of your talent specialization. How do you grind Horizontally? Without a vertical grind, there is no reason to repeat raids or quests.

3. This would only work if the monsters are beatable without upping our stats or gear. Seems a bit pointless to gain levels if you don't actually get stronger. The talent idea would work if there is a noticable difference between a 70 and 80.

4. Good idea. Different ways to customize your character is never a bad thing.

5. Free respeccing is always a good idea. Never understood why they charge you for this. Who cares about people going with the flavor of the month builds. The good players will always choose their own build anyways.

6. I think player housing is a bad idea. I like the concept of players staying in Inn's. We are adventurers after all. Guild houses make sense though.

7. As long as lore integrity is kept, but from what I read, the Hordge and Alliance are at peace. What you are asking is to change the game completely. Forcing people to have to fight when they don't want to. I don't think you want to pay everyones $15/mo in order to tell them how they should play.

MMORPG's w/ Max level characters: DAoC, SWG, & WoW

Currently Playing: WAR
    Preferred Playstyle: Roleplay/adventurous, in a sandbox game.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

1) Don' t want it. I want mostly PvE. Good news is that WOW has different type of servers so I have no problem if they create special servers like that.

2) Already done. PvP gear is different from raid gear. Different specs use different gear.

3) Nope. I want insanely more powerful gear *and*  expansion on talent trees.

4) They already have some racial abilities. Expanding on it will be good.

5) I like free respecing.

6) That would be nice.

7) As long as it is PvE, a bigger war is fine with me.