Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What do you think about this? comments plezz!

dumper49dumper49 Member Posts: 37

A buddy of mine wants to give/sell me this comp, do you think its a ok machine??

HP  core 2 duo, 2.13 GHZ,2GB<600GB,DVDRW,XPMC

comes with a 22" Widescreen flatron LCD 2ms response

8600GTS 512mb PCI-E W/DVI HDTV 

Comments

• HEYuSHOOSHHEYuSHOOSH Member UncommonPosts: 107

...that computer sounds terrible.. Well you should buy it anyway from him and I'll buy it off you anyways!

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

It's not the bleeding edge of technology, but there's nothing inherently wrong with it.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • AnzieAnzie Member Posts: 468

for how much?

Originally posted by Spathotan
    The simplest way to put this, is like this. Buying a used/refurbished 360 is on the same plane as sharing a condom in a gangbang with strangers.
  • CleffyIICleffyII Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,440

Great Monitor.  It depends how much though.  The only part that really needs replacing is the 8600, and maybe the case and power supply.

• EcranomicalEcranomical Member Posts: 326

get him to "give" it to you...

• Ben-HarrisonBen-Harrison Member Posts: 20

The 8600 GTS is a fairly weak card, but considering the hardware in the system, it can't be very old (unless he updated hardware in an older base rig as time went on?)

You could buy an equivalent system for relatively very little, depending on where you look, so make sure you're getting it cheap!

• TrentasyTrentasy Member Posts: 22

the computer is getting old now, nothing really to special about it all except the monitor is nice,

the cpu is slow, has 2gb ram which is average, the dvdrw are dirt cheap these days, and the graphic card is pretty useless to,

i wouldnt pay anything over 700$ just for the computer and about 350-400$ for the monitor

• safwdsafwd Member Posts: 879

Its not bad but nothing special.

You should be able to play every game out now without a problem, though some will not be at highest settings.

Dont pay too much for it though, the monitor is sweet but you can get a much better computer then that for around 700 bucks, or you could build one much better then that for around 700 bucks, monitor not included of course.

• Shibley911Shibley911 Member Posts: 35

It really isn't that bad of a computer, you should be able to play games on it, but you have to tell us the price, because yeah, I will buy that computer for like 400$, but not for like 1000$ or something. But overall, if you are getting a good deal on it, take it.

Kingdom Hearts ---- Best Single Player Game Ever Made.
    Here are the MMO games I have played/tried:
    Runescape, Silkroad, Xiah, Hero, Rakion, Diablo 2, Gunz, WoW, Maple Story, Dungeon Runners, Flyff, 9Dragons, Astonia III, Last Chaos, GW:Nightfall, Hellgate London, Knight Online, Perfect World, Thang, and sadly Puzzle Pirates.