Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm bored and spending money tonight. Help me.

Deathstrike2Deathstrike2 Member UncommonPosts: 1,777

Which game should I buy?  Tabula Rasa or POTBS?  It's one or the other.  Thanks!

Comments

• pussaykatpussaykat Member Posts: 791

I voted Tabula Rasa because i think space marines > smelly pirates.

That beeing said i never tried Pirates but from the video i've seen the animations are very repetitive and unless you like sea battles it doesnt have much for itself.

That beeing said it's just my uneducated opinion.

-Would you like cheddar or swiss cheese?
    -Yes.

• xaldraxiusxaldraxius Member Posts: 1,249

Take your girlfriend out to a movie...not Cloverfield as it is, well I'll say not so good to be polite. If you don't have a girlfriend get one, or save your money until a good game comes out, it's bloody dismal out here in MMO land right now.

• VirgoThreeVirgoThree Member UncommonPosts: 1,198

I havn't tried PotBS yet so I can't comment, and I've only tried the limiting trial for TR. With that aside I think it comes down to what type of game you like and theme. Are you a fan of historically accurate nautical adventures, or do you prefer fighting off aliens to save mankind. The differences of these games are vast, and it really goes down to your own personal preference. TR seemed to be a solid game, but not my particular taste, and again I can't comment on PotBS but i'm not a pirate fan anyhow.

In the end you should make the decision and not be a sheep listening to what the herd tells you to play.

P.S.

TR has a 3 day trial going for it so give it a try, and you can try to wait for a PotBS trial or find a buddy key somewhere.

• Deathstrike2Deathstrike2 Member UncommonPosts: 1,777

Originally posted by xaldraxius

Take your girlfriend out to a movie...not Cloverfield as it is, well I'll say not so good to be polite. If you don't have a girlfriend get one, or save your money until a good game comes out, it's bloody dismal out here in MMO land right now.

Ha!  I've been married for 18 years, and I have 4 children.  A girlfriend is the last thing I need.  I would very much like to go see Rambo tonight, but alas, babysitters are hard to come by.  Instead, I thought I'd try a new game.  I understand that both have their faults, but I expect them both to get better with time and releases, so I'm okay with it as long as they are playable.

• pussaykatpussaykat Member Posts: 791

Can you actually download pirates because i know plaync sells it's games via download. Would save you getting outside in the freezing cold and the rioting gans wars.

-Would you like cheddar or swiss cheese?
    -Yes.

• DAHBOODAHBOO Member UncommonPosts: 137

well if you were to get a girlfriend thing would sure get interesting

• xaldraxiusxaldraxius Member Posts: 1,249

Originally posted by Deathstrike2

Ha!  I've been married for 18 years, and I have 4 children.  A girlfriend is the last thing I need.  I would very much like to go see Rambo tonight, but alas, babysitters are hard to come by.  Instead, I thought I'd try a new game.  I understand that both have their faults, but I expect them both to get better with time and releases, so I'm okay with it as long as they are playable.

Wow! 4 kids huh? Well I hope you find a good game...you desearve a break!

• VirgoThreeVirgoThree Member UncommonPosts: 1,198

Originally posted by pussaykat

Can you actually download pirates because i know plaync sells it's games via download. Would save you getting outside in the freezing cold and the rioting gans wars.

http://www.direct2drive.com/6/5332/product/Buy-Pirates-of-the-Burning-Sea-Download

• jimsmith08jimsmith08 Member Posts: 1,039

Id say TR is the more fun of the 2.

• VyethVyeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,461

Originally posted by Deathstrike2

BAM!!!!!

Now that your "reason" fo wanting to play a game has been validated (as if it should really matter to anyone but yourself), I would probably have to say TR.. Even though I only played trial and heard that there isnt much content, the game to me seemed to be on the right path..

• HrothmundHrothmund Member Posts: 1,061

Online Poker! If you want to spend money, play against me and lose on purpose!

Seriously speakingm if you haven't tried EQ2 or DDO, go for one of these instead.

• noxxnoxx Member UncommonPosts: 120

Dont waste your money on sony and TR really sucks after lvl 30......play wow until something better comes around...

• LiddokunLiddokun Member UncommonPosts: 1,665

Go out to HOOTERS and spend $300 to help put the girls thru college.

• SymoneSymone Member Posts: 277

Originally posted by liddokun

Go out to HOOTERS and spend $300 to help put the girls thru college.

ROFL!

Well having played both, Id say TR is faster paced. PoTBS seemed sooo slow.. like takes 3 hours to turn your damn ship around. I remember I was running from pirates and went afk, 30 mins later I had totally forgotten that my game was logged in and I was still in the instance running from pirates, in a straight line LOL.

• LiddokunLiddokun Member UncommonPosts: 1,665

Well Hellgate London is a good game to play is you are really desperate. I think you'll probably mow thru most of the content in about a couple weeks tho but they recently release their first major content update called Stonehenge which should be enough content for a few more weeks.