Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question Consolidation for Avery's Trip

Avery

For all the work you’ve done for us (and will be doing), I’ve tried to organize the questions posted in your “Questions about AOC you would like….” thread. It also helped me better understand what’s being asked so I don’t ask the same question. I should point out that I cut 90% of the explanations of the question but I figured with your MMO background you’d get, just from the question, what the posters is getting at. If not, there’s always the original post. Anyway, I hope this helps lighten your load a little.

Take care

I. General/Tech Information

1. Is the current release date of March 25 2008 still valid?
  2. Would you mind telling me when in January they are going to release all the new info?
  3. When can they show the Lich forms?
  4. What will the system requirements be like? Will it be possible to play on a computer that isn't brand new?
  5. Will players be able to reduce the graphics to prevent lag?
  6. What kind of weather can we expect to see (snow, hale, rain, thunder)?
    1. Will it be fully dynamic or a static/triggered event?
    2. Will it affect gameplay(hindered movement, bad visibility, death by lightning?
  7. Will the xbox 360 controller be supported since release?
  8. How much will AOC cater to roleplayers?
  9. For those players who like mostly solo play. What do you have in store for them after you reach level 80?
  10. How will you make sure that the same thing that happened to ShadowBane, will not happen to Age Of Conan? (PvP insanity)
  11. Will they have an Oceanic Timezone server?

II. Combat/Gameplay

1. Will we be able to physically knock other players and NPCs backwards using melee attacks, arrows, or spells?
  2. Can they give a more in-depth explanation of formations?
  3. Will there be some type of restriction placed on high level buffs being able to be cast on low level players by high level characters.
  4. What else is there to kill time in game? I.e. mini-games during downtime.
  5. Does size matter? Does a small and slender woman (or man) have a small advantage when it comes to find a break in the wall (formations and mounted formations, escaping a PvP attack, and so on...)
  6. How far can you fire with bow and are there penalties for range?
    1. Is there a difference between crossbow and bow?
  7. Does it take time to switch between weapons?
  8. Is there global cooldown? Are there any abilities which don't have a cooldown?
  9. Does attack speed increase with leveling?
  10. Do Rangers get tracking, and how will it work?
  11. I was wondering how group looting and exp. distribution will work, especially if a high lvl person is grouping with a low lvl buddy.
  12. Will players have to constantly have to raid the same place to get any good other forms of getting good items, like crafting?
  13. Is there a reset timer for raid dungeons?
  14. Will dungeons have traps and hidden doors a rogue could detect?
  15. End Game
    1. Do they have anything planned other than the typical raids and sieging?
    2. Do they have any plans to build systems that we can do that are realistic to hyboria for end game content?
    3. Will there be other end game raid dungeons besides Black Ring Citadel at launch?

III. Mounts

1. I would like to know more on the different types of mounts.
  2. Regarding the mounts...if something attacks you while riding will you fall off?
  3. Will we be able to Cast from our mount? And if ‘Yes’ will the same conditions apply for mounted casting as does for regular (feet on the ground) casting? i.e. do you have to be standing still?
  4. Is mounted combat formations still in?

IV. Crafting

1. Any plans of implementing stats to crafting resources?
  2. Any plans of implementing traderoutes / caravans between cities and tradeposts?
  3. Can vendors be placed by players, or only by guild officers?
  4. More infos please. Especially about raws.
  5. Are there fixed sets of armor and weapons or are we able to customize our looks ? Anything like dyes (Lotro) or fashion slots (eq2).
  6. Will weapons/armor decay to the point where new ones must be made to replace them? If so, this would keep the crafters like myself in business.
  7. Will there be armor dyes that perhaps crafters can make with Alchemy?
  8. Will there be rare/one of a kind patterns/recipes for crafters?

V. PvP

1. Can you manually aim catapults under sieges? 
  2. Can the defending guild intercept firing of siege engines by attacking them before the walls are destroyed?
  3. What happens if siege engines are destroyed? Can you build new ones during the battle?
  4. Any chance of inventory looting on PvP servers?
  5. Will shadows, noise, and positioning relative to visual cone affect your chance to stay stealthed in PvP?
  6. Any information you can find about the FFA PvP server(s) you can find out would be appreciated
  7. What are the rewards going to be for playing the CTF games? What kind of rewards will there be for PvP? 
  8. Will there be any Guild vs Guild modes other than the Battlekeeps and player cities? Maybe in a future expansion? (several guilds attacking each other, for instance.
  9. Will AoC "require" PvP to advance/compete in PvE?
  10. Will a mostly PvE player be able to PvP in balanced scenarios like WoW's battlegrounds?

Comments

• eric_w66eric_w66 Member UncommonPosts: 1,006

Excellent summary of the thread, much clearer .

Good work.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Originally posted by eric_w66

Excellent summary of the thread, much clearer .
    Good work.

Thanks

• SabradinSabradin Member Posts: 772

bump

Just when you think you have all the answers, I change the questions.

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188

Fantastic job there!

Thank you for doing that, I've just been going thru the one on the official forum, and this will help loads!

Im pretty much ready to go now, all kitted up with a new camcorder, seems like Funcom are expecting the questions!!

And as another bit of news, next week we will be hosting another event here at our offices in Oslo with some of the major websites, as well as our distinguished contest winner. We’ve braced the developers for the influx of questions and have put together a program to both enlighten and entertain.

http://community.ageofconan.com/wsp/conan/frontend.cgi?func=publish.show&template=content&func_id=2187&sort=PRIORITY,%20RELTIME%20desc&table=CONTENT

Any Video I take and allowed to show will have to wait till around the Tuesday / Wednesday after the weekend. But I'm sure it will be good :P

Thanks again iflost, really appreciated!

• SyproSypro Member Posts: 86

Dont be a noob with the cam !

HOLD IT STEADY AND AIM RIGHT ON THE CENTER OF THE SCREEN !

Originally posted by Sypro

Dont be a noob with the cam !
    HOLD IT STEADY AND AIM RIGHT ON THE CENTER OF THE SCREEN !

Haha!! Well its my first one, but I've had it a few days now, and have been practicing here at home.

It has image stablisation and a good setting for low light. I have a few PC's here at home and have been practicing zooming in and out to and from the monitor. LotRO looks pretty good on playback ;)

I'll try my best though. Have like 25hrs travelling time so will be a bit knackered when I get there.

Got spare batteries too :P

• spbrookespbrooke Member Posts: 82

Thats an awsome list of questions :D, didnt seem like that much until you made it.. 

I think Avery is gonna have alot of questions to ask when he gets the chance.  I hope you have an awsome trip, and me and everyone else thats interested will be anxiously awaiting your return.  Full of answers!

Again have an awsome time!

Osahar Ismassri
    Conscript of King's Guard
    http://guild-of-kings-guard.com/

• eric_w66eric_w66 Member UncommonPosts: 1,006

Avery, ask them about the 14 class vs 12 class rumors. I just saw a disturbing set of screen captures that showed only 12 classes listed, with both the Druid of the Storm and Lich classes missing, and the Scion of Set being called Tempest of Set.

This is.... not good news for me, as I almost always play a druid .

Originally posted by eric_w66

Avery, ask them about the 14 class vs 12 class rumors. I just saw a disturbing set of screen captures that showed only 12 classes listed, with both the Druid of the Storm and Lich classes missing, and the Scion of Set being called Tempest of Set.
    I already have on my list :P had alot of questions from official forums too.

Im keen on playing druid for its spells and healing ability too!

• Enforcer71Enforcer71 Member UncommonPosts: 780

Avery,

Have a safe trip man, get what you can and the rest just break out with the sword..lol. Good luck and looking forward to what you bring back.

Out of every 100 men, 10 should not be there,
    80 are nothing but targets, 9 are the real fighters.
    Ah, but one, ONE of them is a warrior,
    and he will bring the others home.
    -Heraclitus 500BC

Originally posted by Enforcer71

Avery,

Have a safe trip man, get what you can and the rest just break out with the sword..lol. Good luck and looking forward to what you bring back.
    Cheers! thank you.

That other post that was around, if you read it ignore it, honestly ;)

Also just want to thank Iflost again for composing the questions up, just sorting out with the other  ones I have now.

Leaving in 28hrs time woohoo, with 26 hrs travel time including waiting at airports !!

• FalfeirFalfeir Member UncommonPosts: 492

Originally posted by AmazingAvery

That other post that was around, if you read it ignore it, honestly ;)

i did read it and am trying to ignore. bstrd ruined my morning. but please. please dont ignore the things he brought up. ask about them also. his post is deleted and i wont quote/bring up what he wrote, but you read them also.

oh btw beware this two

murphy: things go wrong at the worst time

occam : reason being the simplest

conclusion :batteries! dont forget to charge/ bring extra!

I need more vespene gas.

Yep I one with the camcorder, and brought another too. So can do quite a while ;P also got adaptor for the recharge power supply. All good to go!

• Originally posted by eric_w66

Eric

I'm with you on the Druid thing - can you link what you saw?

Thanks

• TinybinaTinybina Member Posts: 2,130

So um, about those questions?...

Not trying to be pushy or anything but those were some pretty darn good questions...

------------------------------
    You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith

• SabradinSabradin Member Posts: 772

Originally posted by Tinybina

Not trying to be pushy or anything but those were some pretty darn good questions...

We here at Funcom genuinely pretend to care about your concerns and regretfully enjoy telling you that we will not be answering such questions in the near future.

Just when you think you have all the answers, I change the questions.

• eugameugam Member UncommonPosts: 984

Originally posted by Sabradin

Originally posted by Tinybina

We here at Funcom genuinely pretend to care about your concerns and regretfully enjoy telling you that we will not be answering such questions in the near future.

Bleh... Avery was in Oslo and it is not to far fetched that they gave him a beta key. Or is it ? We cant ask him :P However, he wrote some nice text about non-NDA stuff from Oslo and now is confused about whats NDA and what not :P Thats why he just keeps quiet.

yeah, i assume this and Avery will corect me if he wants or can :P

• trinityNITROtrinityNITRO Member Posts: 72

When is Avery expecting to provide some information for the trip??  Or is this information already posted somewhere??  I'm just wondering if it's posted on another website or something?

Hi there sorry, when I got back from Oslo (some 26 hr trip) i had to go straight to work the next day, and everyday since, i havent had much time to post stuff. I did pop some video links on the official forum.

I have got sunday off and will be making a post with all the videos included (1 i have to upload again)

most of the videos answer questions and i can as much answered as best as possible.

I collected these questions and ones from the official forums so what i'll do is post the videos up and if anything is not answered there then ill add all the questions together and write the answers in a different colour and then post up.

The last friday update was a Q&A panel from the trip there, which lasted 2 hrs, funcom have put part one up in video form friday just gone so there will be some more footage coming from them, with questions in too for everyone to see answers for.

Most likely in the next video Q&A showing you will see questions from me and also Jon Wood from mmorpg.com in there.

So all in all quite alot of stuff got answered which was good, some stuff didn't or they couldnt go into big detail.

If you saw the crafting post I made it gave alot of feedback for the devs on the official forums prompting a new survey which is cool too.

Anyway, i'll report in more depth tomorrow and sorry for wait been working straight 10 shifts since trying to get over jet lag and cold too lol.

• Oversoul87Oversoul87 Member Posts: 123

One of the questions i had thought to ask, but figured wasnt worth your time was would game support a g15 keyboard. Luckily, during the mount videos, there they are, showing hp and things being used by the devs <3

• trinityNITROtrinityNITRO Member Posts: 72

Avery,

thanks for the response so much!!  I'm eating up any age of conan information I can get.  I also had no idea that you would be posting videos ... HECK YES!!  I am sincerely pumped for all that you're doing and funcom in general ... seems like a lot of info is coming out about the game.  CHEERS!!

• Avery

Based on what you saw are you still planning on playing the same Race and Class you initially wanted too?

Where there any classes that looked better (or worse) then first thought?

Also were there any revelations on the new Healing class?

Thanks