Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want to play but will not accept any passwords.

DradiinDradiin Member Posts: 259

So i DL the client get everything set with my account... get the patch intall it all, then i go to login, Wrong password... retype, meticulously checking spelling making sure caps is not on. No go.

Change my PW make sure i have it correct... still not working.

There is no offline support that i saw the knowledgebase is non-existent... not sure what to do.

Will go look at other forums in hopes there is a solution.

Thanx in advance,

Comments

• DradiinDradiin Member Posts: 259

17 views and no one can help me ?

Someone has to know the official forums are BUPKISS ! Bleh nice way to discourage new players.

• A55A5INA55A5IN Member Posts: 175

Did you try opening a support ticket?

http://support.unleashthefury.com/tickets/

You can also click the 'Live Support OFFLINE' image to leave a message regarding your problem. It works, I just tested it.

Nothing much we can do about it other than give you some links to try.

Failing this, you could try PM'ing a dev on the official forums with your problem and opened support ticket number. They will usually help if they can.

Hope you get it sorted and let us know when/if you do.

• megaraxmegarax Member UncommonPosts: 269

I have the same problem. I submitted a ticket so hopefully I'll get an answer this month.

• monokoimonokoi Member Posts: 7

I'm with you Dradiin - all the way.  

Since I've left the Guild Wars scene a few weeks ago, I've been looking for a new MMOG. After trying a few others, my attention came to Fury - so let's give it a shot.

Chapter I : Downloading The Client

Downloading the 2.68GB file gave me a taste of things to come. After 50 minutes, the download was completed -but 0.68GB short of the file. After reloading the file for the third time with the same result, I made an atempt using Firefox. Same problem here, close to giving up on my third try with the Mozilla client.

In the meanwhile I had found a post, claiming I must disable anitvirus software to finish the download properly. Deactivating Kaspersky 7.0 finally did the trick.

- Deactivating antivirus software should not be necessary. There's no point running it at all, if I'm forced to deactivate it whilst connected to the Internet.

- Splitting the download in to smaller files (2x1.34GB) would do the trick. All clients, even older IE versions, can handle this - without having to turn of AV protection. This would also keep traffic down - I've wasted over 14GB of traffic trying to download this file. Another solution is a torrent file. (I've seen the client as non-official torrent, but hardly any seeders.)

Chapter II: Client Installation & Patching

Client installation runs fine, remember to run the installer as admin (Vista).

Hey! After hours of re-dwnloading - the launcher is up and ready to go... or is it?

Trying to enter my login / pwd doesn't work - it's impossible to enter any text. The "Play" and "Options" button is deactivated. Now what?

After lots of  searching, I found out that the client I just downloaded from the official link needs to patched!  So, why doesn't the launcher tell me so? It just sits there. As there is no external patchfile to be downloaded - it must be an automated patch?!? After lots of further research, I found out several ports need to forwarded in order for the launcher to work.

Ports that need fowarding:

- 24001 to 24999

Well if the client can't connect to it's server - why the hell doens't it tell me so : "Can't connect to server" - It's that simple. Then I'd know where to look for problems. Here's the official advice: "Disable all Firewalls an AV software" ...(this alone makes me sick.)

Chapter III:

After all this trouble - I'm finally ready to go. Just enter my login/pwd and of we go...

Build: 33292 (33292)

The login server version is: 33292

The client software is up-to-date.

Verifying hardware compatibility...

Hardware is ok.

Sent login request, waiting...

Connecting to server.

The username or password is incorrect, please correct it and try again. Passwords are case-sensitive. Please visit
    www.unleashthefury.com if you  need help recovering your password.

I've tried making a new password, nothing works. Somehow I have the feeling it's not the bad log/pwd but some other reason the launcher keeps secret (lol).

Well, after two days of nerve wrecking attemtps, I've just about had it. There's no way I'll ever pay for a cent for this product. I don't mind paying €50,00 for a good game but even $19.99 (€13,63) is a joke. None of the free MMOG I've tried so far have given me this much trouble. (Let alone the paid ones...)

There's no active official forum, the publisher enjoys writing insulting emails to it's customers and the company is on the brink of bankrupcy.

Taking all this into account, I got to say: "You mates at Auran are not going to see 2009". We're customers - not bitches.

I sure hope the koreans get Huxley finished soon...

Best of luck getting this game to run y'all!

Monokoi (GER)

• MatriarcheXMatriarcheX Member Posts: 159

Hmm thats very odd, I had a clean install and everything. You may want to try to reinstall the game. I used this link to download it. It also asks you the login and password details for your account and in-game. I thought it would be better to get it from the source;

http://www.auran.com/auran/shop_f.htm?a=1&CurrentPage=1&OpenProductID=175&#PID175

But I did do a reinstall, just to tweak my pc... so I used this link:

http://files.filefront.com/Fury+Age+of+the+Chosen+v32878+Client/;9254053;/fileinfo.html

and everything installed fine. Make sure you uninstall completely and delete and traces before you install. Let us know how it goes...

Thank you for your swift reply Athenae.

I've deinstalled the client. Running CCleaner and checking manually. (Even oldschool - rebooting to finish )

Reinstalled the client, patched to 33292 even created a new account - no luck: same error.

I decided not to close the client. After 15 minutes I tried again, without changing the input, just by hitting the "Play" button. This time it worked, and the game started.

This proves: a bad login / password is not the problem.

Maybe there's DB updates, the server was offline or who knows what.

I'd still like to know though.

See you online (*knockonwood*),

Monokoi

Thats great news! Hehe find me! if you have any questions to please don't  hesitate to ask 

Cya in game!

Ok, so here goes my Saga of Fury....  i am beginning to think Unleash the Fury is some kind of joke about getting this game to even work...   cause its about to get unleashed...

Uninstalled... reinstalled... no luck.

Downloaded new client from different source...uninstalled.... reinstalled... no luck.

Created new account... same issue.

Uninstall... Download new client from Bittorrent... reinstall...new password... no luck.

The open a ticket idea ... still waiting.

Send a pm to a mod on the official forums... still waiting.

This is the worst login issue i have had to deal with minus Dark and Light... thats not a good thing at all, why cant this just be nice simple thing to do, i really want to play this game and be apart of the community.

Oh wow... I really don't understand why you're having insane troubles with this. Hmm... did you create your account before or after you installed? you're using the same log in and password in the client same as your account ?

Originally posted by Athenae

Oh wow... I really don't understand why you're having insane troubles with this. Hmm... did you create your account before or after you installed? you're using the same log in and password in the client same as your account ?
    Created account before and then created 2 others afterwards. Same result.

fyi i also disabled my virus protection and turned off my firewall. Unplugged from my wireless router even, for a direct connection .

i have literally done everything on my end i can possibly do.... i am downloading the last time from the only site i have not tried yet... this will be my last attempt before i say screw it.

Just a thought:  Maybe the server has a VIP / Chosen quota.

If the server starts getting full, only VIP user are granted access...?

Originally posted by monokoi

Just a thought:  Maybe the server has a VIP / Chosen quota.

If the server starts getting full, only VIP user are granted access...?

If that was the case why is there no message stating that ??  i would at least know i could keep trying to login.

Anyhow just woke up have the latest DL of the client i will retry the install and see if i can play.

Hmm I don't think thats the case... a friend of mine was installing Fury as well last night and his install was hanging, it could be that their bandwith is not large enought to handle all the F2P yet and was queueing people up. He was able to finish his install and create his password after three tries and is now in-game.

I'm truly sorry for your frustration...

Good luck! I hope it works today, let us know :)

• megaraxmegarax Member UncommonPosts: 269

I made a new account and that worked.

Well i guess the last time was the charm....  i am finally in the game but.. WOW the tutorials kinda suck... its 2008 this game was released in 2007 ya think they could have afforded voice over tutorials ??? i mean jeesh ya get those in bargain ware turn based RTS that cost 9.99.

Other then that i am enjoying it... not sure i like just death match though as the only training grounds option... seems like the more experienced players just sit in there just to puff there ego's.

Anyhow off to work then i hope to put in some more time getting my ass removed.

Try Carnage matches, it's much more satisfiying to us new players.